ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 8
« First < 34567 8 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Should I Grant A Full Refund On A Non Refundable Airbnb Rental in Helene Hit West NC
BigRichard 03:18 PM Yesterday
Lets see what Chiefsplanet says on this one...

We have an Airbnb up in Western North Carolina where hurricane Helene hit and has done so much damage. We rented to a lady who chose to pick a non-refundable purchase which gave her a discount at the time of her booking. We are currently up and operational minus our hot tub. We are not filling those for a number of reasons due to the issues with Helene and our renters' agreements states we do not give refunds for things of that nature. Her stay isn't until the 20th and it is about a $1100 payout.

The guest asked for a full refund because she doesn't want to travel here, and she is stating she can't get here but she can. She may have to take a slight detour from the normal route but she can get here.

Airbnb has stated we don't have to give her any type of refund since she did select the non-refundable option. Would you give the full refund? Half a refund? None of it?

We have given others full refunds and/or credit for other stays but she is the only one who got a discount for booking as non-refundable.
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:59 AM Today
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
No deflection over here pussy boi! Keep living in a delusional world. U live this online shit, u thought about me and everybody else who u have beef with on this site. That's sad. You are a pathetic sad individual. U know what i was doing last night? Not online, chilling, smoking, and having sex. Not thinking about what a dude says online about me. That's beta emotional insecure pussy shit. You need help. Stop being so ****in' annoying. This is my last message to you. I promise I won't hurt your feelings, and let you live your cp fantasy world. It obviously means alot to you
Who Ya Talkin To What The Hell GIFfrom Who Ya Talkin To GIFs

[Reply]
Mosbonian 09:04 AM Today
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
Chimney Rock before and after

The Lake Lure/Chimney Rock area was just absolutely wiped out....I remember going there for the first time in 1979...man that was a beautiful place to visit and the people were solid, friendly, and helpful

I remember taking my Chevy Nova and driving up there with my girlfriend at the time and my buddy & his wife. Just outside of Lake Lure, my Nova overheated.....I pulled into this gas station/service station to have the guy look at it, worrying I was about to get hosed. The old boy took a look at it and said I can have that fixed in about an hour.....he said "my wife runs the cafe about a hundred yards down the road...it's a great place to eat and don't miss the pie of the day".

And danged if he wasn't right.....food was great and the pie for the day was custard. He brings the car to the diner and says.....$40....I about dropped my eyeballs. He smiles and says....just leave my wife a good tip and enjoy the rest of the weekend.

We stopped at that same diner on the way back thru after staying at the cabin we had rented that weekend. Made sure to leave a good tip then too....my Nova ran 2 more years before giving me any more fits.
[Reply]
notorious 09:31 AM Today
Take the money and use it on hookers and blow.

Can't believe it even has to be said.
[Reply]
seamonster 09:45 AM Today
This is the poster child for a force majeure clause. Full refund.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 11:22 AM Today
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
No deflection over here pussy boi! Keep living in a delusional world. U live this online shit, u thought about me and everybody else who u have beef with on this site. That's sad. You are a pathetic sad individual. U know what i was doing last night? Not online, chilling, smoking, and having sex. Not thinking about what a dude says online about me. That's beta emotional insecure pussy shit. You need help. Stop being so ****in' annoying. This is my last message to you. I promise I won't hurt your feelings, and let you live your cp fantasy world. It obviously means alot to you
Pretty well sums up this post.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:24 AM Today

via GIPHY

[Reply]
Reerun_KC 11:26 AM Today
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
It's because the majority of the posters on this site would rather be a dickhead when the OP is really just seeking advice on a difficult situation.

Nothing new here.
I’ll never forget you and your wife letting me use your cell phone to recover mine, When my dumbass left it in the Uber in Vegas. You two and your boys were amazing people. That was much appreciated.
[Reply]
ThrobProng 11:34 AM Today
Lets see what Chiefsplanet says on this one...

We have an Airbnb up in Western North Carolina where hurricane Helene hit and has done so much damage. We rented to a lady who chose to pick a non-refundable purchase which gave her a discount at the time of her booking. We are currently up and operational minus our hot tub. We are not filling those for a number of reasons due to the issues with Helene and our renters' agreements states we do not give refunds for things of that nature. Her stay isn't until the 20th and it is about a $1100 payout.

The guest asked for a full refund because she doesn't want to travel here, and she is stating she can't get here but she can. She may have to take a slight detour from the normal route but she can get here.

Airbnb has stated we don't have to give her any type of refund since she did select the non-refundable option. Would you give the full refund? Half a refund? None of it?

We have given others full refunds and/or credit for other stays but she is the only one who got a discount for booking as non-refundable.
Give her nothing, rules are rules. The last time I booked a house for a vacation, I spent several hundred dollars to have the ability to cancel and still get a refund.
[Reply]
J Diddy 11:47 AM Today
Oh... so you assumed what I did or planned on doing. Got it. So you are instant dumbass. Thanks!
Seems to me that you have. You’re just looking for some confirmation of righteousness through a message board.
[Reply]
tyreekthefreak 11:48 AM Today
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
Tell me you only skimmed this thread without telling me...
I don't have to read over a hundred posts to state my opinion. If it's already been said......who cares???!!!!
[Reply]
LoneWolf 11:55 AM Today
Yep, we have 5 cabins on 17 acres up here in the mountains. I can PM you the website if you like.
If it's not too much trouble, I'd like this information as well.
[Reply]
Renegade 12:21 PM Today
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
If it's not too much trouble, I'd like this information as well.
Count me as another one requesting this information.
[Reply]
penguinz 12:44 PM Today
Originally Posted by Renegade:
Count me as another one requesting this information.
Me as well!
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 12:50 PM Today
By the way, can you comment on what you’ve seen and heard locally? I’ve read some real good nutjob reports on the other forum and I’d like your perspective since you’re in the actual area.
[Reply]
penguinz 12:52 PM Today
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:
By the way, can you comment on what you’ve seen and heard locally? I’ve read some real good nutjob reports on the other forum and I’d like your perspective since you’re in the actual area.
Just remember it's a big area so what he is experiencing does not mean all areas are seeing the same.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 8
« First < 34567 8 >
Up