ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 22
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs sign Juju (2024)
Dante84 06:55 AM 08-26-2024

Just in: The #Chiefs are signing WR JuJu Smith-Schuster, per @Schultz_Report. A reunion with Andy Reid and Patrick Mahomes. pic.twitter.com/C7zL3cft0J

— Ari Meirov (@MySportsUpdate) August 26, 2024

[Reply]
FloridaMan88 08:19 AM 08-26-2024
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz:
I think Pats fans hated him for some dropped passes/tipped balls for INTs, but that whole team was miserable last year.
His QB’s were Mac Jones and Bailey Zappe… enough said.
[Reply]
notorious 08:19 AM 08-26-2024
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Oh no. Please let's not pretend this again.
This. My god This.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 08:20 AM 08-26-2024
Are we in the "That player is only good on the Chiefs" mode

or do all of those other teams not understand how to do things
[Reply]
mr. tegu 08:20 AM 08-26-2024
Any JuJu routes would never need to go past 10 yards. He knows the playbook and will be where he should be on third and medium situations. The more I think about it the more I like it.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 08:22 AM 08-26-2024
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
Honestly, when healthy that may be the deepest WR group in the league. I mean Moore sucks but I think he's probably the best 6 in the NFL.

I’m pretty sure there are teams with NFL caliber receivers as their last WR spots.
[Reply]
Bowser 08:23 AM 08-26-2024
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
Why does this have to be tied to Rice? The bottom of the WR room kind of sucks, and even a one legged JuJu is better than them. That's it.
Yeah, this is likely the truth of it. I was pulling for Remigio, and he may still on up on the PS, but I just don't think he flashed in preseason like he should have/is capable of. And if this somehow keeps Toney and Skyy off the roster, so much the better.

Originally Posted by -King-:
Good insurance. He knows the playbook and can fill in in spots and be able to give guys breathers without Reid and Mahomes needing to change the offense around them or dumb down stuff like they would for Moore and Toney
Yep. And I feel the receiver room is top heavy enough to where he doesn't need to start or be available every game.

- Hollywood
- Rice
- JuJu
- Worthy
- Hardman
- Watson

looks way better than

- Hollywood
- Rice
- Worthy
- Watson
- Hardman
- Skyy/Toney/Ross
[Reply]
Bowser 08:24 AM 08-26-2024
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:

Deion Branch says good morning!
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 08:24 AM 08-26-2024
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
I’m pretty sure there are teams with NFL caliber receivers as their last WR spots.
Some teams only keep 5 WR’s on their active rosters and leave WR6 vacant… which would still be better than Skyy Less.
[Reply]
wazu 08:29 AM 08-26-2024
The Patriots are paying Juju $7M to play for us.

The #Chiefs are getting JuJu Smith-Schuster on a minimum contract because he already had roughly $7 million fully guaranteed from his deal with the #Patriots this season.

A low risk, potentially high reward move by the Champs. https://t.co/R7VI8cLaHi

— Ari Meirov (@MySportsUpdate) August 26, 2024

[Reply]
Marcellus 08:29 AM 08-26-2024
I didn't realize it but today is cutdown day so we will know soon who made the roster.
[Reply]
Kiimo 08:30 AM 08-26-2024
I wonder if Jordan Schultz who broke this news even knows this...

Has a physical been done? It would certainly hinge on if he passes that physical
[Reply]
PHOG 08:30 AM 08-26-2024
Hardman was brought in after he couldn't even get playing time from the Jets, and caught the winning TD in the SB. JuJu has been brought in from the Cheatriots after not playing/staying healthy, and the results remain to be seen. But I like it!
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 08:31 AM 08-26-2024
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:

I mean, Andy is a REALLY good coach.

It wouldn't surprise me if players suddenly don't do well when they leave KC because Andy was hiding their weaknesses when they played here, but that also might be my homer side talking.
[Reply]
PHOG 08:32 AM 08-26-2024
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
I didn't realize it but today is cutdown day so we will know soon who made the roster.
I believe it's tomorrow at 3 p.m.
[Reply]
FANATIC 08:34 AM 08-26-2024
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz:
I mean, Andy is a REALLY good coach.

It wouldn't surprise me players suddenly don't do well when they leave KC because Andy was hiding their weaknesses well when they played here, but that also might be my homer side talking.
Agree: I think its more Reid focusing on each players strengths and best fit.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 22
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Up