ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 15
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Cheese
FAX 07:46 PM 12-04-2006
I am conducting an important ChiefsPlanet experiment. Please feel free to participate or not as you will.

This thread is about cheese. There are, as we all know, many varieties of cheese. There is munster, parmesan (good on spaghetti), cheddar, brie (known in France as "The Queen of Cheeses"), and lots of other kinds. Of note, one ounce of Wisconsin Cheddar has approximately 114 calories and 7 grams of protein. Cheese is pretty good and, in moderation, good for you.

Please feel free to post your thoughts and comments regarding cheese here. There is no need whatsoever to create another thread about cheese. Neither is there any need to post cheese-related information on other threads.

FAX

Disclaimers: Sorry if repost.
[Reply]
MOhillbilly 09:32 PM 12-06-2011
Originally Posted by Dave:
Parmesan is probably my favorite.

I don't mean that pre-grated shit from Kraft, either.

The good stuff that costs $10 for a 1 lb wedge.

Overall, the Amish make the best cheese. If you love cheese, I highly recommend Amish-made.
Ten a pound is cheap imo.
[Reply]
NewChief 09:33 PM 12-06-2011
Cabot Extra Sharp Cheddar is about the best "cheap" cheese known to man. I eat a lot of Feta as well. Good parmesan is a staple at our house for about 10,000 different things. We're cheese junkies.
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 09:35 PM 12-06-2011
Originally Posted by MOhillbilly:
I was gonna say, you can get mid-range parms and similar cheeses at HyVee for $17/lb....GOOD stuff will be double that.
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 09:36 PM 12-06-2011
I LOVE cheese. Guess being the Dairy Baby of Montgomery County, Iowa does that to a man.
[Reply]
MOhillbilly 09:37 PM 12-06-2011
Originally Posted by NewChief:
Cabot Extra Sharp Cheddar is about the best "cheap" cheese known to man. I eat a lot of Feta as well. Good parmesan is a staple at our house for about 10,000 different things. We're cheese junkies.
Gettin goats in the spring just to make feta.
Can't friggin wait.
[Reply]
cdcox 09:39 PM 12-06-2011
Can't friggin wait.
Save you some mowing, too.
[Reply]
CHENZ A! 09:40 PM 12-06-2011
Feta is sooo fucking good too.

I just ate dinner, and I'm about to go have a piece of cheese(sharp cheddar) for desert.
[Reply]
WV 09:40 PM 12-06-2011
Originally Posted by NewChief:
I love cabot extra Sharp, its worlds better than some of the other prepackaged cheeses that claim to be extra sharp. I've also recently rediscovered Feta and absolutely love it. Boars Head makes some great deli sliced cheese as well...only one store sells it around here though.
[Reply]
WV 09:41 PM 12-06-2011
Can't friggin wait.
Awesome....make some great feta then eat the goats!
[Reply]
Bugeater 09:41 PM 12-06-2011
Originally Posted by Pawnmower:
Actually the funny thing is im not the biggest fan of blue cheese either...but all of a sudden when you smoke it.....MMMMM

Smoked cheddars and smoked goudas are damn good too, and CHEAP as hell...Ever had a smoked gouda??

Smoked gouda might be my favorite overall 'cracker snackin' cheese...

cheap too:

http://www.amazon.com/Smoked-Gouda-C.../dp/B0029XEYL2
Oh yeah, I've had smoked gouda, I love that stuff. Don't buy it very often though.
[Reply]
BigMeatballDave 09:42 PM 12-06-2011
It's what I buy at Krogers.

Just for the plain Parmesan, not the Parmigiano-Reggiano.
[Reply]
MOhillbilly 09:44 PM 12-06-2011
Originally Posted by WVChiefFan:
Awesome....make some great feta then eat the goats!
This will happen many times over.
[Reply]
MOhillbilly 09:46 PM 12-06-2011
Originally Posted by cdcox:
Save you some mowing, too.
Gonna put emin the scrub.
[Reply]
Simply Red 09:48 PM 12-06-2011
Picked up some really good 'boarshead' pepper cheddar-jack tonight, comes in a triangle. Most excellent.
[Reply]
cdcox 09:57 PM 12-06-2011
Sort of a hijack, but I went to Katz's delicatessen over the weekend. It got me to thinking about making my own corned beef from scratch. Any one ever do this? How about pastrami (smoked corned beef)?
[Reply]
Page 7 of 15
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Up