ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 14
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>MVS Released
Shag 02:17 PM Yesterday

Source: The #Bills are releasing Marquez Valdes-Scantling, a move to create space for newly acquired Amari Cooper.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) October 15, 2024

You know he's coming back, guess we're running it back...
[Reply]
TheGreatCassholio 04:47 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx:
I've been thinking about this all season long and now is the time to let the thought fly.

You know what this offense has been missing?

A "WR" that ranked 192 or 197 in catch percentage.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c.../receiving.htm

A "WR" that ranked 182 of 213 in passer rating when targeted.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...g_advanced.htm

Hell yeah... a guy will catch exactly half the balls thrown to him. MVS is gonna be what puts this team over the top.
At least I hold out hope when MVS is targeted. You're playing with 10 guys when Moore is on the field
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:42 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by RunKC:
You guys are forgetting that the need isn’t the MVS role. Worthy occupies that role currently and is significantly better at it.

They need a man-beater type WR. A guy who can run routes well and get open vs 1v1….pretty much what Skyy Moore was supposed to be. That is exactly what Diontae Johnson is.

I would still bring back MVS to the practice squad and use him like we did Juju. A ”break the glass” insurance policy if God forbid something happens to Worthy

DINGDINGDING, WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!

The whole idea is to try and replace Rice’s role/ production, which MVS is never going to do. So it would be seriously stupid to sign MVS in our current situation; considering he can’t begin to do the things Rice was doing in the offense.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 05:43 PM Yesterday
No.

Just no.
[Reply]
ultron1969 05:58 PM Yesterday
He is fast. Two speedsters on the outside could open up the middle and the running game more?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 06:00 PM Yesterday
Thanks. But no.
[Reply]
Bump 06:03 PM Yesterday
but this should be a last resort, absolutely can't get anyone else.

I think they gotta try for Johnson, he'd be productive here
[Reply]
Pablo 06:05 PM Yesterday
I never want to see this guy play another down for KC. Just say no to drugs. And MVS.
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:06 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by RunKC:
You guys are forgetting that the need isn’t the MVS role. Worthy occupies that role currently and is significantly better at it.

They need a man-beater type WR. A guy who can run routes well and get open vs 1v1….pretty much what Skyy Moore was supposed to be. That is exactly what Diontae Johnson is.

I would still bring back MVS to the practice squad and use him like we did Juju. A ”break the glass” insurance policy if God forbid something happens to Worthy
Maybe its a copout, but I'm honestly fine with letting Reid figure out who plays what role in this current configuration... take the cheap warm body who has proven he can help out, and reconfigure the puzzle from there

No, MVS doesn't have the same appeal as Johnson... but we just have to trust that Andy & Brett are burning midnight oil figuring it out, and that they're going to nail it 90% of the time

Dissect and disagree with every decision, thats what this whole place is built on and I'm not saying no disagreement is allowed, I'm just saying it ok to step back sometimes and trust whatever plan has been put in place... this regime deserves that much

We're gonna threepeat even if you and I have to go out there and catch passes :-)
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 06:08 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by carcosa:
If we sign him he will have 10 catches for 200 yards and 4 touchdowns against the Bills in the playoffs imho!
Okay and what is he going to do in the second half?
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 06:10 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Pablo:
I never want to see this guy play another down for KC. Just say no to drugs. And MVS.
His comments when he left showed a real lack of gratitude to Mahomes and the Chiefs. That aside, we don't need another speed guy especially one who tends to drop balls like he does. So I second this.

Just stick with what we got. Cooper was the one to get but he's gone. Once Playoffs start, Pacheco is there w Hunt, and Hollywood Brown is back we should be alright.
[Reply]
RedinTexas 06:24 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx:
I've been thinking about this all season long and now is the time to let the thought fly.

You know what this offense has been missing?

A "WR" that ranked 192 or 197 in catch percentage.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c.../receiving.htm

A "WR" that ranked 182 of 213 in passer rating when targeted.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...g_advanced.htm

Hell yeah... a guy will catch exactly half the balls thrown to him. MVS is gonna be what puts this team over the top.
Yeah, something better than Skyy.
[Reply]
mschiefs1984 06:45 PM Yesterday
He's better than Skyy Moore
[Reply]
gblowfish 06:49 PM Yesterday
You gotta ask yourself if the Bills can't find room for him, why would the Chiefs want him? If they do add him to the active roster, think how bad the Kingdom is going to freak out the first time he drops a 3rd down conversion...or worse.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:50 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by RedinTexas:
Yeah, something better than Skyy.
Originally Posted by mschiefs1984:
He's better than Skyy Moore

Check the links. Skyy ranks higher than MVS on those lists.

Lol, Mike Williams caught two less passes and 66 fewer yards than MVS last season. Mike Williams only played in three games.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:53 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
You gotta ask yourself if the Bills can't find room for him, why would the Chiefs want him? If they do add him to the active roster, think how bad the Kingdom is going to freak out the first time he drops a 3rd down conversion...or worse.

No. Effing. Shit. He walked into their WR room as one of the top 2 WRs? And after 6 weeks of watching their WRs mostly function at a below average level, they decided they didn't want MVS "the playoff Savior."

MVS through 6 games w/BUF: 2 catches on 9 targets for 26 yards, 0 TDs.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 14
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Up