ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 10
« First < 34567 8910 >
Nzoner's Game Room>If Reid doesn't get fired
FlintHillsChiefs 07:11 PM 01-06-2018
I'm fucking done. The tub of gelatinous goo can go FUCK himself. FIRE him or I quit
[Reply]
JakeF 03:48 PM 10-23-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Where does Andy Reid rank in terms of head coaches, do you think?

If he were to retire at the end of this season, what do you think are the odds that we'd get an upgrade at head coach?
The team has gotten worse since Andy Reid gained full control of the organization. I just don't think it's a good idea to have 1 person deciding everything. Who tells Andy "No" about anything? We need a GM with equal power.
[Reply]
RealSNR 04:23 PM 10-23-2021
Originally Posted by JakeF:
The team has gotten worse since Andy Reid gained full control of the organization. I just don't think it's a good idea to have 1 person deciding everything. Who tells Andy "No" about anything? We need a GM with equal power.
Not this shit again.

Both Veach and Andy report to Hunt. Andy does all the coaching, and JUST LIKE ALL NFL COACHES, takes part in the scouting, drafting, and player development process when it comes to personnel decisions.

If your proof of this is "Dorsey got fired!" well, that miserable dumb bitch Dorsey also got fired in Cleveland. If he knew how to play nice with others, he'd still be in KC right now.

Nothing official was announced with the GM change. When Dorsey was around, the "final say" garbage that people make such a big deal out of went to Dorsey. That's what they said at the initial press conference. If final say now goes to Reid, who gives a shit? That's not taking control of the organization. The goal is to have your GM and HC on the same page when it comes to players. If there's a disconnect and one guy has to tell the other guy to get screwed, that's usually not the best situation. So the team avoids that at all costs.

People with an ax to grind about Reid are usually the ones who scream about how involved he is with personnel on this team when in reality they're just making shit up and have no clue if it's true or not.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 04:36 PM 10-23-2021
Where does Andy Reid rank in terms of head coaches, do you think?

If he were to retire at the end of this season, what do you think are the odds that we'd get an upgrade at head coach?
Hes up there for sure. Only coach with 100+ wins with two teams, 4straight NFC title appearances, 3 straight AFC title appearances, 3 superbowl appearances, two of them back to back with one win.

Guy has won a lot of games and gotten to a lot of big games. Only won a few of the biggest games though. If his shortcomings in situational football, clock management, and coaching in the moment has been better, when knows how many titles this dude has.

He never would have made it out of Philly for sure and they'd have a statue of the guy built a mile wide.

No matter how much anyone loves Reid, or fanboys for him, it is undeniable that the dude just has some flat out head scratchers that a coach doing this over two decades simply should not have.

I'm not saying he should be fired, or retire, but it wouldnt piss me off if the guy drew upon two decades worth of "oof" situations, remember how those played out, and do something different.

Its like he retains no knowledge of any of that shit. Just keeps doin it, just jeeps talking about how it starts with him, just keeps talking about doing a better job.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 04:42 PM 10-23-2021
I was someone that has been critical of Reid. Part of that was the hiring of a coach who was fired from his previous job. He was part of the reason that the Chiefs now have Mahomes so not matter what faults he may have (real or imagined), I just have to accept that I was wrong.

Right now, I think the only thing really affecting the Chiefs is their own success. And the fact that every single time that the ball could bounce against them, it has so far this year. It won't continue.
[Reply]
PurpleJesus28 04:46 PM 10-23-2021
I hear a lot of good things about Kafka,although i dont know a lot about him.Is he someone who could be a hc candidate here eventually,or will he jump ship before we find out ?
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 05:27 PM 10-23-2021
If Reid were to retire and a new coach were to inherit Mahomes and this offense, all he would have to do as a head coach is just not step on his own dick and its a playoff appearance. Who knows, maybe if whoever came in knew more than jack shit about defense he could actually get that unit to a point where they pull their fair share of the load and maybe just maybe steal Mahomes and the offense the ball back once in a while.

Reid is a good coach, but its not the end of the world if he rides off into the sunset.
[Reply]
JakeF 05:36 PM 10-23-2021
Not this shit again.

Both Veach and Andy report to Hunt. Andy does all the coaching, and JUST LIKE ALL NFL COACHES, takes part in the scouting, drafting, and player development process when it comes to personnel decisions.

If your proof of this is "Dorsey got fired!" well, that miserable dumb bitch Dorsey also got fired in Cleveland. If he knew how to play nice with others, he'd still be in KC right now.

Nothing official was announced with the GM change. When Dorsey was around, the "final say" garbage that people make such a big deal out of went to Dorsey. That's what they said at the initial press conference. If final say now goes to Reid, who gives a shit? That's not taking control of the organization. The goal is to have your GM and HC on the same page when it comes to players. If there's a disconnect and one guy has to tell the other guy to get screwed, that's usually not the best situation. So the team avoids that at all costs.

People with an ax to grind about Reid are usually the ones who scream about how involved he is with personnel on this team when in reality they're just making shit up and have no clue if it's true or not.
If you actually think that Veach tells Andy Reid "No" about anything, then i have some property to sell you on the Vegas Strip.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:57 PM 10-23-2021
Ah, the return of Jake from Bitch Farm.

Y'all got short fucking memories.

Some of you apparently don't remember Todd Haley and Herm fucking Edwards.

Shut the fuck up.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 06:02 PM 10-23-2021
Some serious stupid in here... Flintwhomever... is leaving, Jake should follow...
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 06:13 PM 10-23-2021
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
Look how terrible Andy has been in the playoffs with Alex, and then look at 3 straight AFC title appearances, back to back superbowl appearances, and one superbowl win with Patrick Mahomes and youll see how spot on the post is.
Better than anything Bill has ever done without Brady.
Delete this thread. I'm tired of the dumb fuck takes like this.
[Reply]
RealSNR 06:17 PM 10-23-2021
Originally Posted by JakeF:
If you actually think that Veach tells Andy Reid "No" about anything, then i have some property to sell you on the Vegas Strip.

I’ll bet Veach has disagreed with Andy about plenty of moves. And I’ll bet he’s even gotten his way on several of these disagreements. But the point is that both guys report to Hunt. If Veach really doesn’t want something to happen that Andy is all about, they’re going to try to pivot to different solutions and see if those can provide the same benefit for the team with more agreement.

Wouldn’t you rather have that situation and structure instead of the bullshit of one dominant GM that swung his dick around and did whatever the fuck he wanted? The way the Chiefs had always been run since before 2013? Remember when Vermeil and Carl disagreed and how that shit got out to the media? Remember fucking Pioli and every goddamn move he ever made?

Or how about the former case in LV where Gruden did everything and Mayock was just there to make pie charts and speak to the media?

This shit here works pretty well in KC I’d have to say
[Reply]
RealSNR 06:21 PM 10-23-2021
Hes up there for sure. Only coach with 100+ wins with two teams, 4straight NFC title appearances, 3 straight AFC title appearances, 3 superbowl appearances, two of them back to back with one win.

Guy has won a lot of games and gotten to a lot of big games. Only won a few of the biggest games though. If his shortcomings in situational football, clock management, and coaching in the moment has been better, when knows how many titles this dude has.

He never would have made it out of Philly for sure and they'd have a statue of the guy built a mile wide.

No matter how much anyone loves Reid, or fanboys for him, it is undeniable that the dude just has some flat out head scratchers that a coach doing this over two decades simply should not have.

I'm not saying he should be fired, or retire, but it wouldnt piss me off if the guy drew upon two decades worth of "oof" situations, remember how those played out, and do something different.

Its like he retains no knowledge of any of that shit. Just keeps doin it, just jeeps talking about how it starts with him, just keeps talking about doing a better job.

Every head coach has flaws.

Every. Single. One.

We could pivot to the next all time great head coach after Reid leaves and you’d bitch about that guy the moment the team showed any kind of weakness or had a few losses
[Reply]
RealSNR 06:24 PM 10-23-2021
Bill Simmons frequently says on The Ringer that when you think about how much sleep these guys get during the season (not much) that’s a huge contributing factor to why so many coaches don’t make smart choices in key moments.

I don’t have any proof, obviously, but it does make a shit ton of sense
[Reply]
TwistedChief 06:42 PM 10-23-2021
Why should I leave? You're clearly the one having an issue seeing an opinion different from yours.
Because, my moronic Wallcrawer, this post was bumped not to discuss Andy Reid but to mock a member acting like a fool in another thread. But you decide, "Hey, this is the time to re-litigate an opinion I've already shared on this site again and again and lend credence to the guy who in 2018 was convinced Reid was never going to win anything."

It's not that I have any problem with any opinion that's different from mine; it's your searing lack of context and tunnel vision.
[Reply]
HayWire 06:46 PM 10-23-2021
Bump a 3 year old thread and it sparks discussion.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 10
« First < 34567 8910 >
Up