Page 7 of 8
« First < 34567 8 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Yankees
Coach 08:35 PM 10-02-2024
ALDS

Royals-Yankees ALDS times:

Game 1: Saturday at 5:38 p.m. CT
Game 2: Monday at 6:38 p.m. CT
Game 3: Wednesday at 6:08 p.m. CT (or 7:08 if LAD-SD is a sweep)
Game 4: Thursday at 7:08 p.m. CT
Game 5: next Saturday at 7:08 p.m. CT

— Anne Rogers (@anne__rogers) October 4, 2024

[Reply]
Bearcat 06:53 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz:
Playoff Baseball is like crack.

As a casual fan of the sport, its hard to get invested in 1 game out of 162. Just doesn't have that impact.

But playoff baseball? Living and dying with every out and every pitch? Its exhilarating. So fun.
I don't think there's anything like it between regular season and playoffs.

A week 5 prime time game at Arrowhead is still pretty damn great, even if the playoffs are more electric.

Playoff hockey is amazing, but there's still plenty of sold out arenas and excitement as you get later in the regular season.

Regular season baseball is like going to a picnic.... a random regular season game is closer to going to a Spring Training game in Surprise than it is to playoff baseball. A lot closer.

I went to several playoff games in 2014/2015 and held back tears a couple times during my first playoff game at the K, as I have been going to games since the late 80s and hadn't ever seen anything like it. It was fucking magical.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 07:58 PM Yesterday
Be prepared for the home game(s), lads.

Yankees are world wide and there will be a ton of their fans there.
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:06 PM Yesterday
Cheapest ticket next week is $172 at the K and then up to $250.... yikes, miss those $30 playoff tickets in 2014. :-)
[Reply]
GabyKeepsMeWarm 08:17 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:
Be prepared for the home game(s), lads.

Yankees are world wide and there will be a ton of their fans there.
"Fans"..... filthy cocksuckers.
[Reply]
EPodolak 08:20 PM Yesterday
Great to feel excited about baseball again. Royals in the ALDS wasn't on the radar this year.
[Reply]
alanm 08:49 PM Yesterday
Fuck the Yankees!! :-)
[Reply]
alanm 08:54 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Coach:
George had some power back then. And was clutch when needed. :-)
[Reply]
RedinTexas 09:08 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Coach:
One thought about this video. Thank God I lived long enough to watch this video. Living in Texas at the time, all I had known was the ABC tv broadcast and the guys on that broadcast were clearly rooting for the Yankees. When Brett smashed that upper-deck home run, the home run call was almost depressing. If a Yankee had hit it, it would have been the most excited home run call in history.

So, wrapping up, FUCK ABC, FUCK the Yankees, and FUCK that shitty ABC crew that called the game.

(Yeah, I hold grudges)
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 09:37 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by RedinTexas:
One thought about this video. Thank God I lived long enough to watch this video. Living in Texas at the time, all I had known was the ABC tv broadcast and the guys on that broadcast were clearly rooting for the Yankees. When Brett smashed that upper-deck home run, the home run call was almost depressing. If a Yankee had hit it, it would have been the most excited home run call in history.

So, wrapping up, **** ABC, **** the Yankees, and **** that shitty ABC crew that called the game.

(Yeah, I hold grudges)
That was the call by Royals TV Channel 4 guys Al Wisk and Steve Busby.
[Reply]
UteChief 09:46 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
Blah blah blah blah - **** the Yankees
You don’t fuck the Yankees. The Yankees fuck you.

Sorry… the intrusive thoughts won.
[Reply]
GabyKeepsMeWarm Yesterday, 09:47 PM
This message has been deleted by GabyKeepsMeWarm.
cmh6476 09:49 PM Yesterday
When do we think they'll announce start times for Wednesday?
[Reply]
RedinTexas 09:57 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by UteChief:
You don’t **** the Yankees. The Yankees **** you.
Yeah, well, FUCK the Yankees.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 10:01 PM Yesterday

Here's the Royals radio call from Fred White the old WIBW and K-State play by play man. What a blast that was.
[Reply]
Bearcat 06:20 AM Today
Originally Posted by UteChief:
You don’t fuck the Yankees. The Yankees fuck you.

Sorry… the intrusive thoughts won.
Is it 1998 in here? :-)
[Reply]
TLO 07:49 AM Today
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz:
Playoff Baseball is like crack.

As a casual fan of the sport, its hard to get invested in 1 game out of 162. Just doesn't have that impact.

But playoff baseball? Living and dying with every out and every pitch? Its exhilarating. So fun.
I would call myself more than just a casual fan, but playoff baseball has a different feel to me than playoff football.

I don't know if I've just been conditioned to expect the Chiefs to win so I don't get overly emotional or what the case may be.

Watching the Royals in the playoffs is different. It really is kind of an addictive feeling.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 8
« First < 34567 8 >
Up