ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 26
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Tamba Hali
DeezNutz 08:33 PM 09-20-2009
Has anyone seen him? His friends and family are worried.

What happened to our impact LB? The sack machine? The difference maker?
[Reply]
Easy 6 07:29 PM 09-21-2009
Originally Posted by Christofire:
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...cFadden-TD-run

Where's Tamba?

Watch the replay of the game-winning TD by McFadden, and you'll see where Tamba's at: Looking for his jock in the middle of the field, where he was COMPLETELY sucked in by the fake, leaving his outside contain totally uncovered. He didn't lose us this game, but those kinds of blown responsibilities will cost him his linebacking job.

I like the 3/4, I like the unpredictability of it, but waiting for the 4/3 guys to transition to it is gonna be painful.
Yeah, he looked terrible on that play in particular, totally fooled.

But your last line says a lot, 'waiting for transition'...its impossible for anyone to say that he's had time to do that. Doubters want to say, 'he doesnt have this', 'he doesnt have that'...but he had enough of those to collect a sack last week & apply good pressure a few other times.

'Impact Player', 'Sack Machine', 'Difference Maker'...i cant speak for anyone else, but i certainly didnt expect those things, atleast not right away.

I expected him to be hit & miss the first half of 09, how anyone expected more is beyond me.

Now back to our regularly scheduled program of sneering slams...:-)
[Reply]
milkman 07:36 PM 09-21-2009
Originally Posted by scott free:

But your last line says a lot, 'waiting for transition'...its impossible for anyone to say that he's had time to do that. Doubters want to say, 'he doesnt have this', 'he doesnt have that'...but he had enough of those to collect a sack last week & apply good pressure a few other times.

'Impact Player', 'Sack Machine', 'Difference Maker'...i cant speak for anyone else, but i certainly didnt expect those things, atleast not right away.

I expected him to be hit & miss the first half of 09, how anyone expected more is beyond me.

The issues that many of us are discussing with Hali have very little to do with learning the position.

They have to do with the physical shortcomings that aren't fixable.

He's too slow and too unathletic to compete and succeed.

It won't matter if he has 2 games, 6 games, or 60 games.

Those are not correctable issues.
[Reply]
Chiefless 07:44 PM 09-21-2009

Well, I don't mean to slam the guy...I really don't. But I suppose that's what this will sound like. That play showed a complete and utter lack of football instincts and that play was designed to exploit it IMO. Stuff like that will happen all year to him. If they flop him to the other side the naked boot will be run against him when the opposition has a crucial 3rd and 5-8. I was pulling for the guy but I really don't think he's gonna make it.
[Reply]
Easy 6 07:47 PM 09-21-2009
Originally Posted by milkman:
The issues that many of us are discussing with Hali have very little to do with learning the position.

MM, i'll have to respectfully disagree about his short area/zone capable quicks & general athleticism...like you, i didnt start closely following football last week...he was a first rounder & graded as such by many teams IIRC.

Heres a friendly wager, if he doesnt have atleast 7 sacks...you can make up the most rickdickulous sig ever & i will use it for 7 months...(former) Scouts Honor.
[Reply]
Chiefless 07:50 PM 09-21-2009
Originally Posted by milkman:

Yes, this causes him to consistently over persue the ball, which makes him susceptible to mis-direction plays. He is Eric Hicks all over again.
[Reply]
Mecca 07:51 PM 09-21-2009
The Chiefs took Hali in the first but he was widely considered to be maxed out without top end athletic gifts.
[Reply]
Easy 6 08:00 PM 09-21-2009
Originally Posted by Mecca:
The Chiefs took Hali in the first but he was widely considered to be maxed out without top end athletic gifts.
I remember you saying that after the draft & i will take your word for it, your one of our best draftniks.

I dont think he has elite talents, he's a 'hustle & desire' player...but honestly, was KC the only team that had him valued that high?

'Lunchbucket' guys are appreciated, in certain scenarios, as much as 'upside' players right? depending on what a given coach wants at that position?
[Reply]
Mecca 08:02 PM 09-21-2009
That's fine and all but he's not the kind of guy who'd you'd look at and think 3-4 rush backer because of his lack of natural athletic talent.
[Reply]
DeezNutz 08:02 PM 09-21-2009
'Lunchbucket' guys are appreciated, in certain scenarios, as much as 'upside' players right? depending on what a given coach wants at that position?
This can be true, to an extent.

But not when these guys are being played out of position.
[Reply]
milkman 08:03 PM 09-21-2009
MM, i'll have to respectfully disagree about his short area quicks & general athleticism...like you, i didnt start closely following football last week...he was a first rounder & graded as such by many teams IIRC.

Heres a friendly wager, if he doesnt have atleast 7 sacks...you can make up the most rickdickulous sig ever & i will use it for 7 months...(former) Scouts Honor.
Hali's ability to play the OLB spot isn't simply about sacks, though that is a part of it.

He's going to struggle in run defense, and really struggle with his pass covearge.

he could potentially get 7 sacks because the 34 puts a premium on communication along the O-Line.

Any breakdown in communication by the O-Line could easliy result in a sack from Hali, and it would have very little to do with his ability.
[Reply]
googlegoogle 08:14 PM 09-21-2009
Does he ever get double teamed?
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 08:15 PM 09-21-2009
Originally Posted by googlegoogle:
Does he ever get double teamed?
:-)

Why, when a RB or TE can eliminate him on their own?
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 08:17 PM 09-21-2009
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I remember when that guy last year wanted to bet me that he'd get 10 sacks last year...he's not going to get that in 2 seasons combined.
Hootie's already claimed multiple times that he'll get to double digits this year.

Of course, he also recommended starting the Eagles fantasy D yesterday, due to the inconsistency of the Saints, so...
[Reply]
Mecca 08:18 PM 09-21-2009
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Hootie's already claimed multiple times that he'll get to double digits this year.

Of course, he also recommended starting the Eagles fantasy D yesterday, due to the inconsistency of the Saints, so...
HaHa..I started Mario Manningham so I fared better with my call.
[Reply]
RedThat 08:35 PM 09-21-2009
Tamba Hali sucks bottomline.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 26
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Up