ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 69 of 72
« First < 19596566676869 707172 >
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Trent McDuffie Thread*****
Dante84 08:24 PM 04-28-2022
More to come!

.@trent_mcduffie has a message for #ChiefsKingdom pic.twitter.com/FdxstFDWLA

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 29, 2022

This is a massive hole that is filled for the #chiefs. Trent McDuffie is considered by almost everyone as the 3rd best CB in this draft. The first two went off the board at 3 and 4.

— James Palmer (@JamesPalmerTV) April 29, 2022

The newest member of #ChiefsKingdom!

��: #NFLDraft on @nflnetwork pic.twitter.com/d2F9Ye3Zsq

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 29, 2022

Here’s what @dpbrugler had to say about Trent McDuffie. pic.twitter.com/kL3dDnqFr2

— Brandon Kiley (@BKSportsTalk) April 29, 2022

The @Chiefs make a big move for a top CB (and my model's #8 overall prospect) in Trent McDuffie, who allowed 3.1 yards/target in 2021 at Washington (best in FBS, min. 30 targets).

Could be a key piece to counter the wealth of receiving talent in the AFC come playoff time!

— cynthia frelund (@cfrelund) April 29, 2022

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:57 AM 02-21-2024
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Puka? It’s about gotta be a rookie high value low cost piece.
This is going to sound stupid. It might be stupid.

But I'm still not sold on Puka? I know that doesn't make much sense because damn he was good. But when I watch him I still just kinda wonder what he actually does.

I really do wonder if he's not a McVay creation. I see the tape of McDuffie gearing up and down with guys and just staying in their hip pockets. He shows such incredible traits on film.

With Puka I just see...production. And as stupid as it sounds to say, I don't understand where it comes from. It's the same thing people have said about Kelce for a decade now. I recognize the absurdity of "Sure, I've seen it work in practice, but does it work in theory?"

But why? Why the hell is Puka so productive? I just don't know and unless/until I knew, I wouldn't be willing to make that deal.
[Reply]
notorious 04:25 PM 02-21-2024
Miami is starting to feel the hurt of all those contracts. About time for them to fall apart.
[Reply]
Kiimo 04:56 PM 02-21-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

But I'm still not sold on Puka? I know that doesn't make much sense because damn he was good. But when I watch him I still just kinda wonder what he actually does.

I really do wonder if he's not a McVay creation. I see the tape of McDuffie gearing up and down with guys and just staying in their hip pockets. He shows such incredible traits on film.

With Puka I just see...production. And as stupid as it sounds to say, I don't understand where it comes from. It's the same thing people have said about Kelce for a decade now. I recognize the absurdity of "Sure, I've seen it work in practice, but does it work in theory?"

But why? Why the hell is Puka so productive? I just don't know and unless/until I knew, I wouldn't be willing to make that deal.

he gets open

and then has the speed to house it
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 05:03 PM 02-21-2024
Originally Posted by Kiimo:
he gets open

and then has the speed to house it
Rams prioritize route running.

Elite route runners get open in the NFL.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 05:05 PM 02-21-2024
Originally Posted by notorious:
Miami is starting to fell the hurt of all those contracts. About time for them to fall apart.
Trying to build a championship-caliber team with Tua at QB is a doomed strategy.
[Reply]
notorious 05:19 PM 02-21-2024
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Trying to build a championship-caliber team with Tua at QB is a doomed strategy.
Yep.

Franchise Qbs don't grow on trees, they live in Kansas City.
[Reply]
crispystl 05:29 PM 02-21-2024
Originally Posted by BossChief:
The pairing of Sneed and McDuffie has to be a top ten all time CB duo for what they did to WRs last season, right?

They basically erased everyone and they faced a lot of top tier passers and WRs.

What combos would you rather have?

Also to add to this just a bit…have any of you ever seen any QB jam people better than Sneed did this year? I can’t recall anything like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Rain Man 05:58 PM 02-21-2024
I assume that this talk of trading McDuffie is nothing but a thought exercise, right? Because there's no way we're trading McDuffie.

Another thing to consider is that having two great cornerbacks is about eight times better than having one great cornerback. A quarterback can avoid one great cornerback, but he's got to throw against two of them.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 06:03 PM 02-21-2024
Originally Posted by In58men:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Trade Waddle for Sneed.
[Reply]
Rain Man 06:05 PM 02-21-2024
Originally Posted by crispystl:
Also to add to this just a bit…have any of you ever seen any QB jam people better than Sneed did this year? I can’t recall anything like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That jam against Justin Jefferson was stunning in its speed. It was like watching a mantis shrimp stun its prey.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 06:20 PM 02-21-2024
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
That jam against Justin Jefferson was stunning in its speed. It was like watching a mantis shrimp stun its prey.
The best one has largely been lost to history. He fucking stole Garret Wilson's lunch money and then didn't send his mom flowers when he was done with her.

Almost set up a pick for Edwards when he completely wiped Wilson out of the play (who Edwards was doubling and freed him up to play robber).

I'll try to find it tomorrow. It was spectacular.
[Reply]
Valiant 06:24 PM 02-21-2024
Originally Posted by In58men:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
In what universe do you trade a stud cb on a rookie deal for a constantly injured wr.

To even be even we would need waddle, and 2 firsts. Or waddle and Miami paying for half the contract and guaranteed money.

McDuffie literally all pro level at a rookie contract.
[Reply]
Hoover 07:23 PM 02-21-2024

I think it’s all volume.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:20 PM 02-21-2024

I don’t have a good answer for that. All I know is I watched those jackasses and wondered why the hell some fuck was THAT wide the hell open.
[Reply]
tredadda 11:05 PM 02-21-2024
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
No doubts. Glad it’s their problem and not ours. They are too good with him to get a top QB, but not good enough to win it all with him.
[Reply]
Page 69 of 72
« First < 19596566676869 707172 >
Up