ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 68 of 69
« First < 18586465666768 69 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Kareem Hunt signs with the Chiefs [2024 edition]
wazu 01:43 PM 09-16-2024

With RB Isiah Pacheco expected to be sideliend 6-8 weeks, the Chiefs are bringing their former RB Kareem Hunt back to Kansas City for a Tuesday visit, per league sources. Hunt could help fill the Chiefs’ running back void. pic.twitter.com/nDzNGlrcuH

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) September 16, 2024

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:38 AM Today
Still want to see Kareem getting work in the passing game.

Pacheco has never looked "natural" in the passing game to me.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:48 AM Today
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Still want to see Kareem getting work in the passing game.

Pacheco has never looked "natural" in the passing game to me.
Feel like Hunt would've brought in that wheel route that Pacheco duffed in the Ravens game.

Pacheco doesn't look 'natural' doing a damn thing. He's just so aggressive in his movements. But in the case of the passing game, it probably does impact him a bit.
[Reply]
crispystl 10:57 AM Today
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I'd almost forgotten what lateral movement looks like from a Chiefs RB. I'm drooling at the idea of Hunt and Pacheco both in the rotation.
The wheel routes that develop from having both of them in the backfield are gonna be sick
[Reply]
philfree 11:03 AM Today
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Pat mentioned awhile back that they hated the early bye. Now they play 12 straight weeks with a couple short weeks thrown in.
We have a couple of long weeks in there too. We need to make hay before we hit the 3 games in 10 days stretch. Make those games less important.
[Reply]
dirk digler 11:08 AM Today
Originally Posted by philfree:
We have a couple of long weeks in there too. We need to make hay before we hit the 3 games in 10 days stretch. Make those games less important.
True and the last game of the regular season is like a bye with 10 days in between.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:10 AM Today
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I think the Chiefs went into this game fully prepared to take advantage of the bye.

I mean no, JJSS can't hold up to that kind of volume week after week. But boy, you can drive him like you stole him for an evening and then give him two weeks off.

And no, Hunt's not gonna be able to handle 25+ carries every week (he was reaching for his ribs/chest area a lot early in this game) but you can grind him up tonight and let him recover.

It was a really smart way to leverage the week off. They just decided to lean heavily into 3 guys who they really can't do that with every week (Hunt, JJSS and Kelce) but who you could count on for a game and give plenty of time to rest and recover.

That's damn smart.
Andy knew exactly what he was doing.

Hey, how 'bout those CHIEEEEEEEFS‼️ pic.twitter.com/LqUeTKO947

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) October 8, 2024

[Reply]
dirk digler 11:14 AM Today
KH still has some juice

On Kareem Hunt’s 27 carries last night, he reached 15 miles per hour or more on three of them. So did Patrick Mahomes on 3 of his 6 carries per Next Gen Stats. Neither reached the 20+ mph mark. #Chiefs #ChiefsKingdom

— Nick Jacobs (@Jacobs71) October 8, 2024

[Reply]
Boxer_Chief 11:21 AM Today
JJSS is only 27, I think he’ll be fine with the workload
[Reply]
penguinz 11:26 AM Today
Originally Posted by Boxer_Chief:
JJSS is only 27, I think he’ll be fine with the workload
The question is how much his knees can hold up to.
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:28 AM Today
Didn't realize until after the game that Kareem carried 27 times last night. Makes me wonder if they lost track of that during the game? Just seems like a ton of carries for a RB that was sitting on the couch just a couple weeks ago.
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:31 AM Today
Originally Posted by penguinz:
The question is how much his knees can hold up to.

This 100%. Was pleasantly surprised at his performance last night, and hopefully he'll stay healthy, but I don't believe that JJSS will hold up if he has to absorb that many targets per game for the next 12 games, plus the playoffs. That knee needs to be coddled until January, especially if Veach isn't able to acquire a quality WR like Cooper/DHop before the deadline.
[Reply]
stevieray 11:58 AM Today
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Andy will always give guys multiple chances to redeem themselves.

We’ve seen that with Hardman, CEH, Skyy Moore, Toney.
false equivalence.

Besides, he said he wasn't down on the kid the same night most here threw him under the bus.

He's a rook.
You cant base his career off of two fumbles, one that was forced.
[Reply]
ForeverIowan 12:26 PM Today
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Pretty easy answer to me, really.

Hunt really has no burst at all to speak of. 13-15 yards may be the best he has in those legs.

But he's still powerful and has excellent vision.

So you use Pacheco between the 20s and you use Hunt in the Red Zone and short yardage situations. Perine as the 3rd down back but you sprinkle Hunt in for some tendency breakers in between the 20s as a pass catching option on 1st and 2nd down.

I don't think it's really going to be a problem.
IMO Hunt is a lot better than Pacheco in short yardage situations. Hunt knows how to make himself skinny and has this little instinctive side jump to avoid defenders. His short yardage vision is pretty elite. Dude is just a Dawg as well will not be denied first down yardage.

Good luck to opposing defenses when Pacheco returns. 15 touches for Pacheco, 12 for Hunt and 2-3 from Steele a game. All of those touches from a fresh and hungry back. Good luck!
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:29 PM Today
Pacheco should be used at the start of games. He's faster and will be more effective against fresher defenses.

Then bring in Hunt when everyone is gassed.
[Reply]
TEX 01:05 PM Today
Originally Posted by ForeverIowan:
IMO Hunt is a lot better than Pacheco in short yardage situations. Hunt knows how to make himself skinny and has this little instinctive side jump to avoid defenders. His short yardage vision is pretty elite. Dude is just a Dawg as well will not be denied first down yardage.

Good luck to opposing defenses when Pacheco returns. 15 touches for Pacheco, 12 for Hunt and 2-3 from Steele a game. All of those touches from a fresh and hungry back. Good luck!
Hunt is better b/c he has much better vision.
[Reply]
Page 68 of 69
« First < 18586465666768 69 >
Up