ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 67 of 69
« First < 17576364656667 6869 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Who should we trade for if Rice is out?
Titty Meat 03:10 PM 09-29-2024
Discuss...
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 02:16 PM Today
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Two All Pro WRs make you play better
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
LT is the real issue. Hopefully they can figure out relatively soon if they see Suamataia as the long term answer, and if not get someone else in here.
I'm not sure they would unless to Squatch's point, LT is solidified.

If you think about it, Mahomes' biggest slumps -- early portion of 2021 and this year so far -- can be attributed to what was spotty at best LT play. It's his kryptonite if anything is. Cause when you can't see the pressure, the feet get jumpy, you start bailing out of pockets out of fear, etc.
[Reply]
DRM08 02:21 PM Today
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:

If you think about it, Mahomes' biggest slumps -- early portion of 2021 and this year so far -- can be attributed to what was spotty at best LT play. It's his kryptonite if anything is. Cause when you can't see the pressure, the feet get jumpy.
It is the constant changes at Left Tackle in my view. He got more comfortable with Orlando Brown in late 2021, and then we saw a MVP season in 2022 with Orlando. But then you replace Orlando with an aging/washed up Donovan Smith for 2023. Mahomes got comfortable enough with him in the later part of last year to end up winning a ring with Donovan healthy enough to start all 4 Playoff games.

Worth pointing out the terrible game against the Raiders on Christmas Day? That was Wanya Morris, not Donovan Smith. And now Donovan is gone, so you're dealing with the same issue all over again. Hopefully Wanya or Kingsley can turn into a longer term option. They cannot keep changing LT every year or every other year.
[Reply]
BossChief 02:22 PM Today
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:

If you think about it, Mahomes' biggest slumps -- early portion of 2021 and this year so far -- can be attributed to what was spotty at best LT play. It's his kryptonite if anything is. Cause when you can't see the pressure, the feet get jumpy, you start bailing out of pockets out of fear, etc.
And at that point he seems to have tendencies opposing defenses are prepared for.

The offense needs a counter punch
[Reply]
Chieftain 02:25 PM Today
I don't buy the LT excuse. Orlando wasn't exactly stellar at the position yet Mahomes won MVP that season. With less weapons to work with. There is something mental at play. Pat is not reading the field well. Pass protection has been there, although not perfect at times, still good enough to not affect his game. He needs to play within the pocket. Stop drifting back 10 yards and play within structure. This is where I fault Andy for not disciplining him enough. He played his best football with that injured ankle. There is a reason for it.
[Reply]
O.city 02:27 PM Today
I don't thin it's that he wasn't steller it's that he didn't get demolished quickly and pat atleast had confidence there.
[Reply]
BWillie 02:28 PM Today
Originally Posted by DRM08:
It is the constant changes at Left Tackle in my view. He got more comfortable with Orlando Brown in late 2021, and then we saw a MVP season in 2022 with Orlando. But then you replace Orlando with an aging/washed up Donovan Smith for 2023. Mahomes got comfortable enough with him in the later part of last year to end up winning a ring with Donovan healthy enough to start all 4 Playoff games.

Worth pointing out the terrible game against the Raiders on Christmas Day? That was Wanya Morris, not Donovan Smith. And now Donovan is gone, so you're dealing with the same issue all over again. Hopefully Wanya or Kingsley can turn into a longer term option. They cannot keep changing LT every year or every other year.
You can change them every game if they are good. We have just had below avg tackle play for a year and a half. We honestly should just sign Bahktiari.
[Reply]
DRM08 02:32 PM Today
Originally Posted by Chieftain:
I don't buy the LT excuse. Orlando wasn't exactly stellar at the position yet Mahomes won MVP that season. With less weapons to work with. There is something mental at play. Pat is not reading the field well. Pass protection has been there, although not perfect at times, still good enough to not affect his game. He needs to play within the pocket. Stop drifting back 10 yards and play within structure. This is where I fault Andy for not disciplining him enough. He played his best football with that injured ankle. There is a reason for it.
Do you remember early to mid 2021 with Orlando? It was not pretty. Mahomes was terrible during that time period. He got way more comfortable with Orlando in the later months of 2021 season, which led to him being comfortable for the 2022 MVP season. I think he will get more comfortable with Wanya & Kingsley the more time he spends with them, just like what happened with Orlando (and Donovan Smith).
[Reply]
RunKC 02:33 PM Today
Can we stop with this Bahktiari shit? His knee is done. He’s never playing again
[Reply]
O.city 02:34 PM Today
At some point, he's gonna have to get used to or make work what they've got at LT>
[Reply]
DRM08 02:36 PM Today
Originally Posted by O.city:
At some point, he's gonna have to get used to or make work what they've got at LT>
History says he will do exactly that.
[Reply]
BWillie 02:38 PM Today
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Can we stop with this Bahktiari shit? His knee is done. He’s never playing again
No
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 03:03 PM Today
Great, no roster elevations. Remigio can do the same damn job as skyy but we’re not gonna see what we have. We’re not gonna work Ross in. Regardless of if we make a trade or not (and given this decision, it seems inevitable) why wouldn’t we even just fucking try to see what these guys have. I just very very much hope this isn’t some last ditch effort to make skyy moore happen when the writings been on the wall for years.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:04 PM Today
Remigio and Ross suck. That's why.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:05 PM Today
As bad as Moore is, he's at least shown the tiniest glimmer that he's not COMPLETELY worthless. Remigio and Ross haven't, ever.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:08 PM Today
The fact they'd rather wheel out the decaying corpse of Jody Fortson instead of either those two fuckwits should speak volumes.
[Reply]
Page 67 of 69
« First < 17576364656667 6869 >
Up