ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 66 of 69
« First < 16566263646566 676869 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Kareem Hunt signs with the Chiefs [2024 edition]
wazu 01:43 PM 09-16-2024

With RB Isiah Pacheco expected to be sideliend 6-8 weeks, the Chiefs are bringing their former RB Kareem Hunt back to Kansas City for a Tuesday visit, per league sources. Hunt could help fill the Chiefs’ running back void. pic.twitter.com/nDzNGlrcuH

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) September 16, 2024

[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 08:35 AM Today
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Said it before we haven't had a good NFL RB since Hunt and he showed everyone last night what one looks like. Best signing this year by far and hopefully he stays healthy.
I second this. Hunt was and is a great player. Best RB since himself and Charles. :-)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:46 AM Today
Originally Posted by philfree:
In his interview he was pretty humble. Heal up and get ready for a long grind with 12 games after the bye.
I think the Chiefs went into this game fully prepared to take advantage of the bye.

I mean no, JJSS can't hold up to that kind of volume week after week. But boy, you can drive him like you stole him for an evening and then give him two weeks off.

And no, Hunt's not gonna be able to handle 25+ carries every week (he was reaching for his ribs/chest area a lot early in this game) but you can grind him up tonight and let him recover.

It was a really smart way to leverage the week off. They just decided to lean heavily into 3 guys who they really can't do that with every week (Hunt, JJSS and Kelce) but who you could count on for a game and give plenty of time to rest and recover.

That's damn smart.
[Reply]
In58men 08:50 AM Today
Undefeated 3-peat because we haven’t fired on all cylinders yet.
[Reply]
O.city 08:52 AM Today
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I think the Chiefs went into this game fully prepared to take advantage of the bye.

I mean no, JJSS can't hold up to that kind of volume week after week. But boy, you can drive him like you stole him for an evening and then give him two weeks off.

And no, Hunt's not gonna be able to handle 25+ carries every week (he was reaching for his ribs/chest area a lot early in this game) but you can grind him up tonight and let him recover.

It was a really smart way to leverage the week off. They just decided to lean heavily into 3 guys who they really can't do that with every week (Hunt, JJSS and Kelce) but who you could count on for a game and give plenty of time to rest and recover.

That's damn smart.
Yep.

But damn they were all beat to hell against that defense, but thus is life in the NFL. It's why I always cringe when guys lower a shoulder on the sideline, or try to run over someone in the MOF.

The name of the game here is to avoid hits. At all costs.
[Reply]
O.city 08:54 AM Today
They need to get Wiley some touches at some point and see how that development can go.

Get CEH and Steele some carries I guess, but do you carry 4 RBs?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:56 AM Today
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni:
That dude posts some weird shit.

Hates on Andy, Spags, Jones, and now Kareem? The fuck?
Oh he'll be back.

He and BWillie are willing to be wrong with their whole chest pretty much every time.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 08:57 AM Today
Originally Posted by O.city:
They need to get Wiley some touches at some point and see how that development can go.

I'm glad to have Jody back and everything but it does make me wonder if they aren't loving what they see from Wiley.
[Reply]
BWillie 08:58 AM Today
Originally Posted by Kman34:
I really think what he doing is amazing.. Coming off the couch with no OTAs or training camp and takes the full load of carries his second game back.. Must of been in amazing shape.. I thought it would take 3 or 4 games to get him up to speed..
I really think he’s running smarter and better than Pop was.. But with those 2 together… Pain for opposing defenses..
Further proof that training camp and practice or getting in "football shape" is extremely overrated for vets.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:58 AM Today
Yep.

But damn they were all beat to hell against that defense, but thus is life in the NFL. It's why I always cringe when guys lower a shoulder on the sideline, or try to run over someone in the MOF.

The name of the game here is to avoid hits. At all costs.
I rarely criticize a skill player for going down or getting OOB.

Playoff game? Maybe a key game for 1 seed or a division championship (I don't even remember what 'key games for a division championship' are like anymore) -- maybe then you get physical to set a tone.

But 90% of the games we seen in the regular season don't have THAT kind of meaning to them. Live to play another down.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:00 AM Today
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I'm glad to have Jody back and everything but it does make me wonder if they aren't loving what they see from Wiley.
They're sprinkling him in and I tend to watch him when I see him out there. He had a free release up the seam when they had a play pretty clearly designed for Kelce.

But he does seem to struggle with some of the little stuff. Blocks aren't clean, seems to be a little less confident in his routes (though that's pretty speculative from the stands).

I don't think they've lost confidence in him because they're still sending him out there. But he just looks like a rookie, that's all.

Nothing to worry about there, really.
[Reply]
O.city 09:02 AM Today
Yeah, I don't think there's much issue there yet, rookie TE's are what they are.
[Reply]
MIAdragon 09:03 AM Today

You had me until CEH....
[Reply]
O.city 09:05 AM Today
Originally Posted by MIAdragon:
You had me until CEH....
It's not my first choice either.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:07 AM Today
I'd trade Skyy for a hot dog and keep the five RBs once Pacheco is ready
[Reply]
stevieray 09:07 AM Today
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

That's damn smart.
They all need the rest.

Mitch commented on postgame how they've basically played six seasons in five.

Early bye is a Godsend.
[Reply]
Page 66 of 69
« First < 16566263646566 676869 >
Up