ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 65 of 82
« First < 15556162636465 6667686975 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Tourist(s) missing in submarine while trying to reach the Titannic
Ming the Merciless 10:45 AM 06-19-2023
https://www.ctvnews.ca/world/u-s-coa...-sub-1.6446841

Originally Posted by :
A search and rescue operation is currently underway to locate a submarine that went missing during an expedition to the Titanic.
The U.S. Coast Guard was looking for the submarine Monday morning after it disappeared during the expedition from St. John's, N.L. The infamous 1912 wreck is located more than 600 kilometres southeast of the province in the North Atlantic Ocean.
The trip to the Titanic was being run by OceanGate Expeditions, a U.S.-based company. It uses a five-person submersible named Titan to reach the wreckage 3,800 metres below the surface. OceanGate's website advertises a seven-night voyage to the Titanic for US$250,000 per person, or approximately CA$330,000.
"We are exploring and mobilizing all options to bring the crew back safely," an OceanGate spokesperson said in an email to CTV News. "Our entire focus is on the crewmembers in the submersible and their families."

Those tours are a series of five eight-day missions to the Titanic with the money raised by tourists going towards Titanic research. Posts on social media show the ship launched from the St. John's area last week.

Did they really have 5 people in this?? Or do they have a larger version??

[Reply]
Rain Man 02:30 PM 06-23-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Man.

Even money says you worked with my wife's aunt out there. She'd be about the same age and worked at McDonnell Douglas in Denver for like 25 years before retiring 3-4 years ago.

Then again, you could tell me that they employ 20,000 people there and I'd believe your. Or 17. I have no idea what the odds of anyone crossing paths there would be...
I didn't even know McDonnell Douglas was in Denver. This fish-food guy was in Seattle, and I was at the main facility in St. Louis. I think there were 60,000 to 80,000 people at the St. Louis plant while I was there.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:44 PM 06-23-2023
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I didn't even know McDonnell Douglas was in Denver. This fish-food guy was in Seattle, and I was at the main facility in St. Louis. I think there were 60,000 to 80,000 people at the St. Louis plant while I was there.
Well hell, maybe you're right. Maybe Boeing? I thought it was MD but maybe not.

Some big company that builds airplanes in Denver.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 02:55 PM 06-23-2023

[Reply]
Rain Man 02:56 PM 06-23-2023
Well hell, maybe you're right. Maybe Boeing? I thought it was MD but maybe not.

Some big company that builds airplanes in Denver.
Maybe Lockheed? They're kind of big around here. There's also Ball Aerospace, though I'm not sure what they do.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:39 PM 06-23-2023
That is correct sir - wife has confirmed.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 03:48 PM 06-23-2023
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
In what world, besides your mind, does evidence exist they wouldn't be willing to pay for any service that would rescue them?

Just a complete nonsensical stupid post.

[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 03:54 PM 06-23-2023
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx:
Couple more tax breaks for billionaires should do the trick for them to pick up the bill.
[Reply]
alpha_omega 03:59 PM 06-23-2023
What about Canada's expenses?
[Reply]
Pablo 04:01 PM 06-23-2023
Originally Posted by Abba-Dabba:
Couple more tax breaks for billionaires should do the trick for them to pick up the bill.
They just went to the bathroom. They'll be right back to pay the tab.
[Reply]
Rain Man 04:09 PM 06-23-2023
Originally Posted by alpha_omega:
What about Canada's expenses?
They'll make it up via the added streaming plays of Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald.

Under the circumstances, I wouldn't mind seeing the billion-dollar estates billed for the costs. This was a preventable problem.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 04:11 PM 06-23-2023
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
They'll make it up via the added streaming plays of Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald.

Under the circumstances, I wouldn't mind seeing the billion-dollar estates billed for the costs. This was a preventable problem.
Yup... I hope the US goes after the estate of the CEO. I suspect there will be grounds for a lawsuit from the families of those 4 passengers who died due to Rush vastly overstating his company's business partners and the level of their contributions.
[Reply]
Rain Man 04:17 PM 06-23-2023
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx:
Yup... I hope the US goes after the estate of the CEO. I suspect there will be grounds for a lawsuit from the families of those 4 passengers who died due to Rush vastly overstating his company's business partners and the level of their contributions.
It looks like the spambait estimates of his net worth vary from $12 million to $25 million, and I bet it's optimistically on the low end of that. His widow will be spending her retirement working the fries at Burger King if she gets billed the rescue costs, even without considering lawsuits.
[Reply]
KC Dan 05:20 PM 06-23-2023
My memory is they spend a lot of time talking about that sucker in Sontag's book (Blind Man's Bluff).

Rickover seems part brilliant, part bastard. Or maybe several parts of both.

I can't imagine you haven't read that one but if not, it's an interesting read.
I have not read that but he was a cooky as they come. He would come to New London and we'd all be in dress uniforms as he inspected our assets and gave a little talk. One time, he opened the door to our Radcon lab in a pier trailer, lit the trash can on fire inside while we were all in dress whites. Of course, the fire drill had just begun. outstanding citizenoo outstanding citizenoo..
[Reply]
KC Dan 05:25 PM 06-23-2023
Originally Posted by jettio:
Wow, you have to be top notch to serve on NR-1. I actually was wondering if it could be used to help in this situation, but considering that the implosion was picked up on Sunday, I was suppose US Navy knew the score right away.
She decommissioned quite awhile ago but couldn't go that deep anyhow.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 05:26 PM 06-23-2023
Originally Posted by Pablo:
They just went to the bathroom. They'll be right back to pay the tab.
I've waited for nearly for an hour and a half. Where the fuck is that dude?
[Reply]
Page 65 of 82
« First < 15556162636465 6667686975 > Last »
Up