ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 65 of 72
« First < 15556162636465 66676869 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Trent McDuffie Thread*****
Dante84 08:24 PM 04-28-2022
More to come!

.@trent_mcduffie has a message for #ChiefsKingdom pic.twitter.com/FdxstFDWLA

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 29, 2022

This is a massive hole that is filled for the #chiefs. Trent McDuffie is considered by almost everyone as the 3rd best CB in this draft. The first two went off the board at 3 and 4.

— James Palmer (@JamesPalmerTV) April 29, 2022

The newest member of #ChiefsKingdom!

��: #NFLDraft on @nflnetwork pic.twitter.com/d2F9Ye3Zsq

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 29, 2022

Here’s what @dpbrugler had to say about Trent McDuffie. pic.twitter.com/kL3dDnqFr2

— Brandon Kiley (@BKSportsTalk) April 29, 2022

The @Chiefs make a big move for a top CB (and my model's #8 overall prospect) in Trent McDuffie, who allowed 3.1 yards/target in 2021 at Washington (best in FBS, min. 30 targets).

Could be a key piece to counter the wealth of receiving talent in the AFC come playoff time!

— cynthia frelund (@cfrelund) April 29, 2022

[Reply]
BWillie 09:38 PM 02-12-2024
He's better than Sneed. Commits less PI as well.
[Reply]
Bump 09:41 PM 02-12-2024
If that draft had a redo

Which DB would be taken first? Stingley and Sauce Gardner went #3 and #4 and then McDuffie at #21. What a steal! I think most fans would still say to take Gardner first, but I would go with McDuffie.
[Reply]
BWillie 09:45 PM 02-12-2024
Originally Posted by Bump:
If that draft had a redo

Which DB would be taken first? Stingley and Sauce Gardner went #3 and #4 and then McDuffie at #21. What a steal! I think most fans would still say to take Gardner first, but I would go with McDuffie.
If McDuffie and SAUCE gardner just traded first names McDuffie would have went #3 and Gardner #21
[Reply]
RunKC 09:51 PM 02-12-2024
McDuffie was the best and most consistent player on this team throughout the playoffs. He's the best cover corner in the league.

Trent McDuffie in the playoffs pic.twitter.com/cglAjVzRsW

— James Foster (@NoFlagsFilm) February 12, 2024

[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:55 PM 02-12-2024
The first few pages of this thread have some hilariously bad takes
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:57 PM 02-12-2024
Originally Posted by Mizzou_8541:
Well, about half of CP hates this pick. He will be an all pro in year 2.
Holy shit. Lmfao.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 10:19 PM 02-12-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:
McDuffie was the best and most consistent player on this team throughout the playoffs. He's the best cover corner in the league.

This guy might be more honey badger than honey badger
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:41 PM 02-12-2024
I don't think it's too much of a reach to say snatching him out from underneath Buffalo and their subsequent pivot into an absolute bust in Elam undoubtedly made the difference in at least this years playoff run and may have well been enough for Buffalo to shut down Cincinnati last year as well. This trade up and pick legitimately swung at least one Super Bowl our way.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 10:59 PM 02-12-2024
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
This guy might be more honey badger than honey badger
Completely different kind of player.

Honey Badger was completely boom or bust. Was liable to have a pick 6 and then get burned for a TD the next drive. Gave our defense must needed moxie but his style of play allowed a QB like Brady to expose him over and over again.

McDuffie is just otherwordly consistent. Not gonna likely have a pick 6 and will not be burned for a TD, but so far no QB or receiver in the league have been able to remotely phase him. Brock is the first QB I remember to even try and it was beautiful to see the results.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:25 PM 02-12-2024

Trent McDuffie taking on Trent Williams twice and living to tell about it.. I'm impressed. pic.twitter.com/OMcniyoxJG

— Ben Fennell (@BenFennell_NFL) February 13, 2024

[Reply]
BossChief 11:31 PM 02-12-2024
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Pretty amazing hearing Veach say they ran through scenarios for every player they targeted for the pick …except McDuffie because they never thought he would even be possible to draft. They saw him as a sure fire top 10 pick with no chance to make it to within striking distance.

And the kid hasn’t given up a TD in over 2 years.

God damn what a dream like first round with him and Karlaftis.

Now, we just hope Jeremiah Johnson doesn’t become a HOF pass rusher and McDuffie is a pro bowl quality corner that most think he is.

Lots of comparisons to Revis…
Regarding Elam…
Kid showed a lot of talent at Florida, but he also has a few collapses that made me back off of him.

I still can’t believe we got McDuffie. I didn’t think there was any chance we would get him OR Karlaftis and HERE WE ARE.

What a great time to be a Chiefs fan.
He’s Revis part 2, but without the entitlement.

Solid kid.
2 Super Bowl rings and an all pro nod in his first 2 years is the type of player that ends his career with a Gold Jacket.
[Reply]
JPH83 07:33 AM 02-13-2024
Did anyone post this article evaluating his performance as historically great? Pretty rad to read https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-super-b...rancisco-49ers
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:36 AM 02-13-2024
:-) Yeesh, reading back through the start of this thread. Some folks were salty as fuck about us skipping on Jermaine Johnson.
[Reply]
Kiimo 08:28 AM 02-13-2024
Originally Posted by Kiimo:
We won't hear about him during the season either.

He and his receiver will be ghost town, never a part of the action. McDuffie Island will grow over time when people realize he's shutting his guy down.
Originally Posted by Kiimo:
Shake my head. He IS shining. I've mentioned this before, you aren't going to hear about McDuffie. His play isn't Marcus Peters baiting the QB to throw after letting a guy get open and then recovering fast enough to make the interception.

McDuffie's play is "the QB never throws to his receiver because he's blanketed" and that's exactly what is happening so far, save a miracle catch by Skyy Moore. They're moving McDuffie all over the defense and he's running with the 1s

Hell yeah I'm taking a victory lap. The first 20 pages of this thread are full of fail takes on McDuffie.

Remember how his arms were too short lmao
[Reply]
notorious 08:29 AM 02-13-2024
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Holy shit. Lmfao.
:-)
[Reply]
Page 65 of 72
« First < 15556162636465 66676869 > Last »
Up