3 years 4 OC's debate ended ..next
So it's the OCs fault that Baker throws a 2 yard pass on 3rd and 12....gotcha
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 03:11 PM 09-08-2021
Just kick this guy in the dick hole
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 03:14 PM 09-08-2021
Originally Posted by eastsidedawg:
since most of what i have said was for this years browns team. i find it hard to believe i am saying anything i have been saying is the same old crap.

1. the browns D is going to be miles better than last year berry revamped the Offense in 1 offseason. he attacked the D the same way this year. if you guys cant see the Dline is going to be a problem and the secondary has improved night and day idk what to tell you.

that doesnt mean they are shutting down the cheifs no one does but yes they will be able to compete ...last year they couldnt.

2. the chiefs can try to play D how they did last year but with the 2 new WR's the browns will pay if they try and guard OBJ and Schwartz 1v1. so does that mean the browns can run more effectively against less stacked boxes i think so.

even resident Chief homer nick wright thinks the browns are the biggest threat to the Chiefs so wake up
1. We've talked about this over and over and over again. You keep citing the Browns defensive personnel upgrades as a plus while discounting the Chiefs personnel upgrades or saying they're going to be a weakness. It's nice that the Browns found a potential diamond in the rough at DT (who literally has never taken an NFL snap, right?) and added JaDaveon Clowney. But you cite dudes like Malik Jackson and Andrew Billings like they're more than just guys (when both are worse than Sheldon Richardson). That would be like Chiefs fans bragging on how much of a difference Austin Blythe would make.

Both units are going to be better later than they are right now. 8/9 of 11 new starters on D (including a lot of unproven guys you're pinning your hopes on i JOK and McDowell and Greedy Williams and Delpit) dictates that.

Continually saying "Those rookies on the OL are a weakness, Chiefs took a step back" when they all beat out experienced guys for their starting spots and offer massive upgrades from the dudes they replaced last year is silly. You and your kind are doing it (I've checked your board, too).

If you can't see that the Chiefs OL is upgraded in spite of the inexperience you're not looking. The Chiefs also improved their RB group (Jerick McKinnon) and dramatically upgraded their TE play.

We'll see on Sunday, though.

2. If you think Anthony Schwartz is inspiring any fear around here, you're, well, wrong. Yes, he is fast. He also needs to work on running routes, improve his hands, and improve his play strength (the things that an effective NFL receiver needs).

Beckham Jr. is kinda like that defender you're pinning hopes on - JaDaveon Clowney. The name is big. It sounds scary. But why did the offense run better without him? This is a guy that caught, what, like 20 passes from Mayfield for less than 300 yards in 7 games before getting hurt?

The Chiefs are going to do what they're going to do on defense. They're going to mix and match. They're going to play a big DL on a lot of downs. And they HAVE added some talent.

Jarran Reed improves their DL (Jones is still a dynamic playmaker at LE, Reed is much better at DT than the JAGs the Chiefs had available at LE last year).

Mike Hughes offers a quicker, faster, twitchier option at outside CB than Bashad Breeland when the Browns go to 11 personnel, too.
[Reply]
eastsidedawg 03:26 PM 09-08-2021
Originally Posted by mililo4cpa:
So it's the OCs fault that Baker throws a 2 yard pass on 3rd and 12....gotcha

So it's an excuse when mahomes gets pressured and looks like shit in the Super Bowl.

But baker gets pressured and he should have Made a play.... got it .
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 03:28 PM 09-08-2021

Frank Clark, Mecole Hardman, and Derrick Nnadi were limited. Austin Blythe did not practice. https://t.co/S1FAAmCuMp

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) September 8, 2021

[Reply]
eastsidedawg 03:31 PM 09-08-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
1. We've talked about this over and over and over again. You keep citing the Browns defensive personnel upgrades as a plus while discounting the Chiefs personnel upgrades or saying they're going to be a weakness. It's nice that the Browns found a potential diamond in the rough at DT (who literally has never taken an NFL snap, right?) and added JaDaveon Clowney. But you cite dudes like Malik Jackson and Andrew Billings like they're more than just guys (when both are worse than Sheldon Richardson). That would be like Chiefs fans bragging on how much of a difference Austin Blythe would make.

Both units are going to be better later than they are right now. 8/9 of 11 new starters on D (including a lot of unproven guys you're pinning your hopes on i JOK and McDowell and Greedy Williams and Delpit) dictates that.

Continually saying "Those rookies on the OL are a weakness, Chiefs took a step back" when they all beat out experienced guys for their starting spots and offer massive upgrades from the dudes they replaced last year is silly. You and your kind are doing it (I've checked your board, too).

If you can't see that the Chiefs OL is upgraded in spite of the inexperience you're not looking. The Chiefs also improved their RB group (Jerick McKinnon) and dramatically upgraded their TE play.

We'll see on Sunday, though.

2. If you think Anthony Schwartz is inspiring any fear around here, you're, well, wrong. Yes, he is fast. He also needs to work on running routes, improve his hands, and improve his play strength (the things that an effective NFL receiver needs).

Beckham Jr. is kinda like that defender you're pinning hopes on - JaDaveon Clowney. The name is big. It sounds scary. But why did the offense run better without him? This is a guy that caught, what, like 20 passes from Mayfield for less than 300 yards in 7 games before getting hurt?

The Chiefs are going to do what they're going to do on defense. They're going to mix and match. They're going to play a big DL on a lot of downs. And they HAVE added some talent.

Jarran Reed improves their DL (Jones is still a dynamic playmaker at LE, Reed is much better at DT than the JAGs the Chiefs had available at LE last year).

Mike Hughes offers a quicker, faster, twitchier option at outside CB than Bashad Breeland when the Browns go to 11 personnel, too.

Why is mahomes numbers better without hill Idk soem things don't make sense. the is the reason baker was better without obj had more to do with his comfort in the offense... your take is old and sad and already been debunked a thousand times.

If you don't think your 3 rookies are going to get exposed game 1 by this d line idk what to tell ya I'll collect me receipts later.

Andy Will probably scheme a bunch of quick passes to protect them because that's what he does.
[Reply]
Renegade 03:37 PM 09-08-2021
Why is mahomes numbers better without hill Idk soem things don't make sense. the is the reason baker was better without obj had more to do with his comfort in the offense... your take is old and sad and already been debunked a thousand times.

If you don't think your 3 rookies are going to get exposed game 1 by this d line idk what to tell ya I'll collect me receipts later.

Andy Will probably scheme a bunch of quick passes to protect them because that's what he does.
Drunk posting again in the same thread?
[Reply]
FlaChief58 03:39 PM 09-08-2021
Originally Posted by Renegade:
Drunk posting again in the same thread?
I mean, he's from Cleveland....
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 03:49 PM 09-08-2021

Garrett is awesome. Clowney is a name who hasn't lived up to his billing since 2018. Malik Jackson and Andrew Billings are JAGs. Malike McDowell and Jordan Elliott are completely unproven.

If you think that group is going to be an elite unit, I don't know what to tell you. I'll collect my receipts later. (Except I won't. Because you'll disappear).
[Reply]
TEX 03:55 PM 09-08-2021
So it's an excuse when mahomes gets pressured and looks like shit in the Super Bowl.

But baker gets pressured and he should have Made a play.... got it .
Except Mahomes gained more respect from his peers in the Super Bowl. Baker looked like shit when the big moment arrived for him to do something. :-)

Gawd I love Browns fans. Comparing Mayfield to Mahomes. :-)
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 03:59 PM 09-08-2021
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Hardman with an oblique injury... hopefully nothing serious.
[Reply]
runyon27 04:16 PM 09-08-2021
Originally Posted by mililo4cpa:
Here's my problem with Baker Mayfield:

In the five years that Alex Smith was the QB in Kansas City, he threw for 17,608 yards in 76 games, and average of ~231 per game (Baker averages 222 for his career in Cleveland).....anyways, that won us exactly ONE playoff game in five years.

Now, fast forward to last year's playoff game Chiefs v. Browns. Pat Mahomes goes out at 7:44 left in the 3rd quarter, and the game is finished by Chad Henne. at that point, the score was 19 - 10, but the Chiefs kicked a field goal to make it 22 - 10 with 4:24 remaining. Cleveland scores a TD on their next drive, which goes into the 4th, 11:07 remaining. Next, Henne tosses an Interception, and with exactly 8 minutes remaining, Cleveland gets the ball off the turnover.....

At this point, they have all the momentum, just got a big turnover, and plenty of time to drive down the field and take control of the game.....with more than enough time to not have to change their offense at all.

And what do the Browns do? They proceed to go 12 yards on 7 plays, eating up 3:51 off the clock....and they had to covert a 4th and 1 to even do that. In the process, Mayfield completed a 4 yard pass, a 5 yard pass, and a 2 yard pass....in the most critical of times, Mayfield failed....sorry to be so blunt.

Now to wrap this all up: Baker Mayfield may be all that you say he is....I'm sure you've watched him way more than I have.....but show me one "clutch" play where Baker carried the team on his shoulders....because he sure as heck couldn't do it when the lights were the brightest and everything was on the line.

As of right now, he's Alex Smith without the ball security: He needs a ton of help to win. Every year with Alex, it was "need better receivers" or "look at our Defense", and every year it was the same.....couldn't win the big game, couldn't elevate the team.

Keep in mind, the Alex years were behind Matt Freaking Cassel....who might single handedly be the worst QB I've seen start for any extended period of time. Alex was light years better than Cassel, still wasn't good enough, no differently than Baker is light years ahead of the crap the Browns have trotted out there over the years.

But at the end of the day, beat frigging Chad Henne for crying out loud when you have everything going in your favor....but Baker didn't, and I don't think he really can, because that's not something that can be taught.

And that is my problem with Baker Mayfield, and hence the Browns in general....
If you want to see a game where Baker carried the Browns, you can look at the 2nd Bengals game last yr or the Titans game or the 2nd Ravens game(even though they lost). As for the playoff game, you gotta throw to guys that are open and the Chiefs made plays, so you have to credit some of your team and Baker isn't Mahomes and never will be. And losing to Henne had more to do with the crappy defense then Baker. You don't understand how bad the secondary was last yr, it was probably worse then your O-line in the SB. Baker also has had 4 HC in 4 yrs, he should be better this year, the first time he has been in the same office since he came in the NFL. Even so, for the Browns to win this Sunday they will need help from KC.
[Reply]
tredadda 04:25 PM 09-08-2021
Originally Posted by runyon27:
If you want to see a game where Baker carried the Browns, you can look at the 2nd Bengals game last yr or the Titans game or the 2nd Ravens game(even though they lost). As for the playoff game, you gotta throw to guys that are open and the Chiefs made plays, so you have to credit some of your team and Baker isn't Mahomes and never will be. And losing to Henne had more to do with the crappy defense then Baker. You don't understand how bad the secondary was last yr, it was probably worse then your O-line in the SB. Baker also has had 4 HC in 4 yrs, he should be better this year, the first time he has been in the same office since he came in the NFL. Even so, for the Browns to win this Sunday they will need help from KC.
KC scored zero points with Henne at QB. Plus he threw an INT. To blame your defense for losing the game to Henne is just false.
[Reply]
eastsidedawg 04:25 PM 09-08-2021
Originally Posted by FlaChief58:
I mean, he's from Cleveland....
Kinda just parked the boat after catching a few walleye.
Attached: received_661078504787744.jpg (72.6 KB) received_242707927060979.jpg (45.4 KB) received_319348075811726.jpg (78.1 KB) 
[Reply]
FlaChief58 04:27 PM 09-08-2021
Kinda just parked the boat after catching a few walleye.
Riiight
[Reply]
Page 64 of 106
« First < 14546061626364 6566676874 > Last »
Up