ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 63 of 64
« First < 13535960616263 64 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Who should we trade for if Rice is out?
Titty Meat 03:10 PM 09-29-2024
Discuss...
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 10:07 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by -King-:
DeMarcus Robinson never had a drop problem.
He had the "run backwards after catching the ball" problem, but yeah he didn't have a drop problem.
[Reply]
O.city 06:36 AM Today
Originally Posted by kccrow:
I'm not championing Jagami, but I want not a thing to do with Toney again. Something wrong with that boy's medulla oblongata.

Dyami is one of those weird off-the-radar types that would know part of the system and is only 24. Not too many of those lying around.

Cooper is the best possibility in terms of likely draft capital, salary, and ability, but there will be bidding.

Kirk's salary is prohibitive unless he were to re-work his deal. Same goes for Johnson, though he's a alot closer to squeezing into the cap than Kirk.

After that... I mean I like Doubs but will the Packers want to dump him for sure? Then you're just hoping for JAGs or 2nd-year guys that don't fit a system well like Hyatt and that just isn't a recipe for an immediate return on investment.
Would you trade for and sign diontae Johnson to a new deal?

He kinda feels like the best short and long term play.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 07:05 AM Today
Hyatt played a ton of snaps yesterday and wasn't even targeted once as Jones either scrambled or threw to Slayton all game. And yet Jalin's speed and route running drew two crucial holding penalties.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 07:07 AM Today
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz:
He had the "run backwards after catching the ball" problem, but yeah he didn't have a drop problem.
He didn’t have terrible hands but he didn’t have great hands either. Remember he dropped a crucial third down pass against Houston the very second drive (the magical comeback game).

But yes, I love the idea of bringing drob back
[Reply]
Rain Man 07:38 AM Today
I don't really see us trading for anybody. Veach used his omnipotence to foresee the problem before it happened and that's why we picked up Juju.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 07:41 AM Today
Remigio and Ross getting first team reps. At the very least I’m hoping this is a sign that we’re not gonna keep pushing the bottom of the rotation. Watson needs to stay in his role and skyy needs to be in no role. Neither of these guys need their roles expanded
[Reply]
O.city 08:26 AM Today
Justin Watson has always been reliable when called upon, what's the issue there?
[Reply]
Woogieman 08:33 AM Today
If BV DOES make a trade, it will most likely be for a guy nobody was discussing...seems like that's his m.o. in the draft and FA as well.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:38 AM Today
Originally Posted by FloridaMan88:
The Browns look done after another blowout loss today.

Trade for Cooper.
He seems to be the clear leader to target. Has talent but not too much so it costs us a high draft pick to land him.
[Reply]
New World Order 08:41 AM Today
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Remigio and Ross getting first team reps. At the very least I’m hoping this is a sign that we’re not gonna keep pushing the bottom of the rotation. Watson needs to stay in his role and skyy needs to be in no role. Neither of these guys need their roles expanded
I think it’s just a short-term deal until they have 100% certainty with Rice.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:59 AM Today
Originally Posted by New World Order:
I think it’s just a short-term deal until they have 100% certainty with Rice.
Oh yeah, I’m 110% on the train to go get some wr help. But replacing remigio with skyy can’t be much worse and it could possibly be better. Even if we bring in WR help that is a big win.
[Reply]
tredadda 09:04 AM Today
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
Hyatt played a ton of snaps yesterday and wasn't even targeted once as Jones either scrambled or threw to Slayton all game. And yet Jalin's speed and route running drew two crucial holding penalties.
They need a WR that can do what Rice does. They have Worthy and Hardman for the burners.
[Reply]
O.city 09:13 AM Today
Yeah, picking around the margins is fine at times. I'd like to take a bigger swing this year.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:16 AM Today
Originally Posted by O.city:
Would you trade for and sign diontae Johnson to a new deal?

He kinda feels like the best short and long term play.
The WR market is just so nutty.

I mean, the market for an extension for Johnson probably starts at $16-18 million, right?

I mean at 3/$39, sure. But he won't sign early for that. The market would have to fail for him to listen at those numbers and even then you're probably looking at a 1 year deal and the same ol' merry go round.

This is a year we're really gonna feel the Skyy miss. And next season we're gonna need to draft another WR by the end of the 2nd day. Rinse and repeat. We just have to rebuild the depth there through the draft.

Because the FA market is where dreams go to die. You have to really overpay to get a FA wide receiver these days with any pedigree to speak of.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:19 AM Today
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Christian Kirk probably makes the most sense. Familiarity with similar system/verbiage/concepts. Reliable hands and good route runner.

The Jaguars and Chiefs can both improve in that scenario.
They could just send Doug over with him, I suppose...
[Reply]
Page 63 of 64
« First < 13535960616263 64 >
Up