ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 63 of 68
« First < 13535960616263 64656667 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Caleb Williams is destined to be a massive bust
penguinz 08:18 AM 03-01-2024

BREAKING: USC QB Caleb Williams has DECLINED to medical examinations with teams at the Combine and did not sign off on having his medical records shared
with all teams.

Williams is believed to be the first combine invitee ever to decline an examination, per CBS. pic.twitter.com/ipHqfxNBYJ

— MLFootball (@_MLFootball) March 1, 2024

[Reply]
notorious 09:35 AM 09-16-2024
Originally Posted by Otter:
With USC’s pro-style offense, you’d think they’d be churning out top-tier QBs like a pizza place churns out pepperoni pies. But so far, the best they've produced are Carson Palmer and Matt Cassel. And honestly, I think I just threw up a little bit in my mouth there when saying "Cassel" and "top-tier" in the same paragraph.

They have an old gypsy curse when in comes to NFL transition me thinks.

https://www.thesportster.com/footbal...ed-in-the-nfl/
They don't face good defenses. Ever.

Surrounded by elite talent. Always.

It's easy to see why USC QB's kind of suck.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:40 AM 09-16-2024
Originally Posted by notorious:
They don't face good defenses. Ever.

Surrounded by elite talent. Always.

It's easy to see why USC QB's kind of suck.
Was Carson Palmer the last one to be any good?

Leinart was bad
Sanchez was okay for a bit then butt fumble
Darnold was bad
[Reply]
mr. tegu 09:44 AM 09-16-2024
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:

Leinart was bad
Darnold was bad

Darnold might be the best QB in that division right now.
[Reply]
notorious 09:49 AM 09-16-2024
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
Darnold might be the best QB in that division right now.
Ooof.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:51 AM 09-16-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
He went to as good of a situation as a #1 overall pick could possibly hope for.
Yup.

He couldn't have asked for more. And he's just not ready.

I still think it's a simple explanation. This is a team that has a defensive HC, inexperienced OC and UDFA young QB in the QB room with him.

There simply wasn't anyone around to tell him that he's not done the work. He thinks he did and simply hasn't.

There's nobody there that's able to show him what it truly means to be a pro QB in this league and so he's out there winging it. It's a rough look.

And for those that think he needed to sit a year - in this organization, what purpose would it have served? Sitting won't teach him anything. He'd be on the sidelines convinced he'd be kicking ass out there and there's nobody around to show him otherwise.

At least this way he'll get some lessons via humility. He's learning by doing...poorly.

The Bears fumbled this. They needed a veteran QB and, obviously, a different HC.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 09:52 AM 09-16-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Yup.

He couldn't have asked for more. And he's just not ready.

I still think it's a simple explanation. This is a team that has a defensive HC, inexperienced OC and UDFA young QB in the QB room with him.

There simply wasn't anyone around to tell him that he's not done the work. He thinks he did and simply hasn't.

There's nobody there that's able to show him what it truly means to be a pro QB in this league and so he's out there winging it. It's a rough look.

And for those that think he needed to sit a year - in this organization, what purpose would it have served? Sitting won't teach him anything. He'd be on the sidelines convinced he'd be kicking ass out there and there's nobody around to show him otherwise.

At least this way he'll get some lessons via humility. He's learning by doing...poorly.

The Bears fumbled this. They needed a veteran QB and, obviously, a different HC.

So trade them Wentz for Odunze? They aren’t using him anyways. Throw in a 7th to sweeten the deal if needed.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 01:21 PM 09-16-2024
Nothing is settled as I remember watching Stroud play the Pats in preseason and Bellichick totally schooled the kid and had him confused. Then he faced the Ravens and struggled against them too before he took off.

But I've been saying two things that remain true. Caleb struggles to run a normal offense from the pocket and has relied heavily on freelancing and backyard football. And to me that is because firstly he struggles to read defenses and secondly he's only six foot, so I believe the freelancing is because he may not be able to see over his line sometimes and that's why he holds the ball so long.

The warning signs were there in college in the Notre Dame game and many others. Once he gets behind and loses confidence, it can go downhill quickly. Pat was used to getting punched in the mouth in college and having to battle. Caleb was very much a front runner who pulled off his tricks when up big or against ovetmatched teams. That's why you saw him crying to his mom in the stands because he wasn't used to getting a reality check.

This preseason the signs were there. I'd often look at reports from camp on bears twitter just to see what's happening and Caleb was struggling big time but the excuses was "he's going against an elite defense". But the Bengals game against second and third stringers was a wakeup call as he was terrible but the media hyped up one throw and scramble for a td.

I'm sure he will grow the more he plays but the hype was way too much. Pat's debut was with backups on the road in snowy Denver facing Vonn Miller and co. And he looked a million times better than Caleb does right now.
[Reply]
New World Order 01:24 PM 09-16-2024
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:

Leinart was bad
Darnold was bad
Matt Cassel was good
[Reply]
scho63 01:25 PM 09-16-2024
Originally Posted by Pablo:
They gave him weapons. And apparently a decent defense. That's more than most 1.1 qbs get
You can bring in Jerry Rice and Randy Moss but if your QB coach and org suck at it because they are defense minded all the time, you get what you have so far. Looooooong way to go in his career but off to a horrible spot.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:26 PM 09-16-2024
The Bears fucked up keeping Eberflus it requires good coaching to develop a QB.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:55 PM 09-16-2024
Originally Posted by Urc Burry:
He was pressured on 36 of his 37 attempts. He still needs to be better.. but I’m not writing him off for at least a year.
Agreed. That offensive line is terribad. Makes it hard to accurately grade a QB.
[Reply]
notorious 01:56 PM 09-16-2024
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Matt Cassel was good
:-)

Well done.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 01:56 PM 09-16-2024
Originally Posted by Urc Burry:
He was pressured on 36 of his 37 attempts. He still needs to be better.. but I’m not writing him off for at least a year.

I loved him as a prospect back to his Oklahoma days. But soured on him the more his character came out. He’s going to need to humble himself which has always been a worry.
Young QB’s in Chicago never get better, it’s like a slow moving train wreck.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:10 PM 09-16-2024
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Agreed. That offensive line is terribad. Makes it hard to accurately grade a QB.
Two things can be true. The OL hasn't been good at all, and neither has Caleb. It's not just his play either. Body language was terrible last night.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 02:12 PM 09-16-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Two things can be true. The OL hasn't been good at all, and neither has Caleb. It's not just his play either. Body language was terrible last night.
Middle of the 3rd, down one score and he looked defeated AF.

And then he started pressing and started throwing INT's while trying to be like Stroud.
[Reply]
Page 63 of 68
« First < 13535960616263 64656667 > Last »
Up