ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 62 of 68
« First < 12525859606162 63646566 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Caleb Williams is destined to be a massive bust
penguinz 08:18 AM 03-01-2024

BREAKING: USC QB Caleb Williams has DECLINED to medical examinations with teams at the Combine and did not sign off on having his medical records shared
with all teams.

Williams is believed to be the first combine invitee ever to decline an examination, per CBS. pic.twitter.com/ipHqfxNBYJ

— MLFootball (@_MLFootball) March 1, 2024

[Reply]
staylor26 09:11 AM 09-16-2024
Originally Posted by scho63:
He went to a bad franchise to build a QB.
He went to as good of a situation as a #1 overall pick could possibly hope for.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:13 AM 09-16-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
He went to as good of a situation as a #1 overall pick could possibly hope for.
Yeah, the number 1 pick normally goes to a situation like what Bryce Young is in.

You don’t always get this many weapons.
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 09:16 AM 09-16-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:
No it’s the Fangio cover 2 neutering offenses. None of these rookie QB’s has thrown a TD yet. They’ve all looked bad or terrible passing the ball.

Offense is way down now that defenses league wide have implemented Fangio’s scheme.
Maybe the NFL O's need to a adopt 41 personal and just run the ball at these DB's all day. Just line up 4 tight ends. Hell...how about 50 offense. :-)
[Reply]
TwistedChief 09:19 AM 09-16-2024
As somebody who bought into the talent/hype to an extent, this has been a VERY disappointing first 2 games. He might just end up being a bust.
Same. He looks so overmatched and sped up out there. Lots of time to improve and lots of tools, but he doesn’t seem to be processing well or throwing accurately.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 09:20 AM 09-16-2024
Attached: Screenshot_20240916_111923_Facebook.jpg (78.5 KB) 
[Reply]
notorious 09:20 AM 09-16-2024
As somebody who bought into the talent/hype to an extent, this has been a VERY disappointing first 2 games. He might just end up being a bust.
I didn't think he was going to be that good in the NFL, but I'm not going to call it just yet.

Chicago is a QB hell. Has been forever, and it's only 2 games.

I'm giving him a season.
[Reply]
Urc Burry 09:22 AM 09-16-2024
He was pressured on 36 of his 37 attempts. He still needs to be better.. but I’m not writing him off for at least a year.

I loved him as a prospect back to his Oklahoma days. But soured on him the more his character came out. He’s going to need to humble himself which has always been a worry.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:22 AM 09-16-2024
Of the big 3 receivers from the draft, Odunze is the only one who hasn’t done anything yet.

Harrison looked great this week. Nabers was good in week 1 and better in week 2.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 09:23 AM 09-16-2024

So far the biggest red flag to me has been that he is completely ignoring any passes not outside the numbers. Shows that he isn’t reading the defense or going through progressions at all. Everything is just sideline tosses hoping for a great receiver play or being surprised it’s actually covered with regularity, unlike in college.
[Reply]
redfan 09:24 AM 09-16-2024
Never believed the hype, but I didn't think he'd be this bad. Only 2 games, but looking like a bust. Definitely not as much hutzpah as Stroud.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 09:25 AM 09-16-2024
Yeesh! 21.4 QBR is rough. In fairness, Stroud didn't have amazing games stats either.

I didn't watch the game, but looking at the stats at least he spread the ball around well. He needs to go downfield more, but maybe not enough time? Where's DJ Moore this year? ...kid has flashed some talent when scrambling, let's give him until midway through the season and see if he and Moore find some momentum. I'm not counting him out yet.

Goes to show you though, that it's better to be humble.
[Reply]
Pablo 09:27 AM 09-16-2024
Originally Posted by notorious:
I didn't think he was going to be that good in the NFL, but I'm not going to call it just yet.

Chicago is a QB hell. Has been forever, and it's only 2 games.

I'm giving him a season.
Oh he’s not a bust or anything yet. But I don’t believe he put in the same work as a guy like Bo Nix. And he’s getting the same results

Just a guy who huffs his own farts and has to figure out he’s actually not that special at all when on the field with other NFL players
[Reply]
ToxSocks 09:29 AM 09-16-2024
Im just not sure he has the mental fortitude. They were down by a score most of that game and every shot on the bench he looked defeated.

He's relying too much on pure talent and thus missing throws.

You could see how badly he wanted to do "Stroud" things (i.e off schedule throws) but it was never there for him.

He's not processing well.

His O-line is doing him no favors.

The arm talent is there but.....he's got a long way to go.

He's starting to remind me of Zach Wilson.
[Reply]
notorious 09:30 AM 09-16-2024
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Oh he’s not a bust or anything yet. But I don’t believe he put in the same work as a guy like Bo Nix. And he’s getting the same results

Just a guy who huffs his own farts and has to figure out he’s actually not that special at all when on the field with other NFL players
Most fans just want to know what color of nails he chooses on game day.
[Reply]
Otter 09:33 AM 09-16-2024
With USC’s pro-style offense, you’d think they’d be churning out top-tier QBs like a pizza place churns out pepperoni pies. But so far, the best they've produced are Carson Palmer and Matt Cassel. And honestly, I think I just threw up a little bit in my mouth there when saying "Cassel" and "top-tier" in the same paragraph.

They have an old gypsy curse when in comes to NFL transition me thinks.

https://www.thesportster.com/footbal...ed-in-the-nfl/
[Reply]
Page 62 of 68
« First < 12525859606162 63646566 > Last »
Up