ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 60 of 62
« First < 10505657585960 6162 >
Nzoner's Game Room>I want to show you my newest sports card...
arrowheadnation 01:18 AM 05-21-2020
The sports card market is absolutely booming right now. I sold off enough of my other stuff to buy this. There are only 10 of them. It is indescribably beautiful.

[Reply]
New World Order 11:53 AM 08-23-2024
This is a cool thread
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 12:45 PM 08-23-2024
Originally Posted by lewdog:
I have this card and looks like if grades well, could be worth quite a bit more?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/28599209846...Bk9SR6TU04WwZA
Is it an actual auto or just printed on there? Your link went to several different cards.

It also very likely won’t grade well if you’ve had it for a while and it didn’t go straight from pack to penny sleeve/top loader.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 02:11 PM 08-23-2024
I have this card and looks like if grades well, could be worth quite a bit more?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/28599209846...Bk9SR6TU04WwZA
I would call around in your area to local cards shops and see if they do bulk submissions. Let the LCS take a look to see if the condition is worth the grading fees. If it is not likely to receive a good grade, you can have the auto authenticated and encapsulated. Which can raise the value of a card as well. Just not as much as if it had both a grade on the condition of the card, and a separate grade on the auto.

You probably would want to stick with a company like PSA if you are looking for the value to rise.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 02:19 PM 08-23-2024
Originally Posted by Oz_Chief:
I think all of the parallels are ridiculous. As someone with color vision issues, I don't know what card I'm looking at half the time!
I'm in the ridiculous camp. I like the parallels.

But I think you should collect whatever you like. If that is HOF'ers from the junk wax era for .50-$2. Then have fun with it.
[Reply]
lewdog 03:20 PM 08-23-2024
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
Is it an actual auto or just printed on there? Your link went to several different cards.

It also very likely won’t grade well if you’ve had it for a while and it didn’t go straight from pack to penny sleeve/top loader.
It’s an actual autograph on the card.
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:22 PM 08-23-2024
Originally Posted by Abba-Dabba:
We are back in a junk wax era. Instead of having a dozen or so card manufacturers each making their own product. Now you have a couple card manufacturers that each have at least a dozen products.
It sure looks that way, in a way I'm glad the 90s killed my enthusiasm for serious collecting

Sure I'll still by a minibox on a whim at walmart every once in a blue moon, hoping for a lightning strike... but the big money spending days are over
[Reply]
Oz_Chief 05:28 PM 08-23-2024
I'm in the ridiculous camp. I like the parallels.

But I think you should collect whatever you like. If that is HOF'ers from the junk wax era for .50-$2. Then have fun with it.
I never said I don't collect them! They're just ridiculous. Camo pink, dot red, hologram. All the same photo. Kinda cheesy to me.

Cool thing about my color vision is that I have an eye for pattern detail. Last batch of 20 junk era cards I submitted are all 9s and 10s. Bo Jackson is probably my fave cause I loved him growing up. Recently pulled an '87 Topps Bo that is now a PSA 10.
[Reply]
Oz_Chief 09:48 PM 08-23-2024
What/where is the best placed to have about 10 cards graded?
I've only used PSA. Never had a bad issue with them. I only wish they would provide a "report card" to explain the grade. I could learn from those comments and probably make better decisions about what to send in for grading.
[Reply]
Pointer19 10:46 PM 08-23-2024
I use PSA on cards that I would hope to increase in value the most, but I use SGC for all the rest of the cards I plan on keeping. Usually cheaper and always faster.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 04:53 PM 08-24-2024
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
It sure looks that way, in a way I'm glad the 90s killed my enthusiasm for serious collecting

Sure I'll still by a minibox on a whim at walmart every once in a blue moon, hoping for a lightning strike... but the big money spending days are over
Your chances of getting a lightning strike from anything retail is a longshot. I'm old enough to know ripping wax doesn't pay out. I look at it from a money spent perspective. A retail blaster box is about $30. If I find a card around that price range, I will buy the card rather than any packs.

For instance, this card I paid $30 + shipping.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/256556730000

I'd be happy if I found that in blaster.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 04:58 PM 08-24-2024
Originally Posted by Oz_Chief:
I never said I don't collect them! They're just ridiculous. Camo pink, dot red, hologram. All the same photo. Kinda cheesy to me.

Cool thing about my color vision is that I have an eye for pattern detail. Last batch of 20 junk era cards I submitted are all 9s and 10s. Bo Jackson is probably my fave cause I loved him growing up. Recently pulled an '87 Topps Bo that is now a PSA 10.
The parallels definitely have gotten out hand. The photos are even lazy shit nowadays. Usually, the same photo on the back of the card as the front.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 05:03 PM 08-24-2024
Originally Posted by Pointer19:
I use PSA on cards that I would hope to increase in value the most, but I use SGC for all the rest of the cards I plan on keeping. Usually cheaper and always faster.
I like CGC's slabs so much better than SGC. Better clarity, better construction and a better feel in the hand. Of course, I think CGC has the best slabs out of them all.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:10 PM 08-24-2024
Your chances of getting a lightning strike from anything retail is a longshot. I'm old enough to know ripping wax doesn't pay out. I look at it from a money spent perspective. A retail blaster box is about $30. If I find a card around that price range, I will buy the card rather than any packs.

For instance, this card I paid $30 + shipping.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/256556730000

I'd be happy if I found that in blaster.
You're absolutely correct, retail is almost worthless its like a mafia racket now

The Green Lazer Kelce isn't showing up in your link, but I certainly trust you found a hidden gem
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 10:50 AM 08-25-2024
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
You're absolutely correct, retail is almost worthless its like a mafia racket now

The Green Lazer Kelce isn't showing up in your link, but I certainly trust you found a hidden gem
More than worthless. It's a fool's errand. Doesn't really matter if it is retail or hobby. And with Fanatics entering the mix and basically taking over, it isn't going to get any better.

It's a pretty good card. Panini Phoenix Kelce out of /25, BGS 9.5 with all around 9.5 sub grades on it. Regular Phoenix doesn't have a retail version but if it did, I would be damn happy to pull any Kelce SP numbered to 25 out of it. Being graded already is the cherry on top.
[Reply]
Pointer19 11:29 AM 08-25-2024
Awesome find, Abba-Dabba. Getting a decently graded card for less than $40 is worth it to me; cut out the time to wait for not much of a premium. I've started to buy singles on eBay as well. I'm a sucker for the Spectra die-cuts. Pretty colors, low numbers, and I've gotten some on the cheap. Plan to send most of them into SGC.

[Reply]
Page 60 of 62
« First < 10505657585960 6162 >
Up