ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 60 of 69
« First < 10505657585960 61626364 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Caleb Williams is destined to be a massive bust
penguinz 08:18 AM 03-01-2024

BREAKING: USC QB Caleb Williams has DECLINED to medical examinations with teams at the Combine and did not sign off on having his medical records shared
with all teams.

Williams is believed to be the first combine invitee ever to decline an examination, per CBS. pic.twitter.com/ipHqfxNBYJ

— MLFootball (@_MLFootball) March 1, 2024

[Reply]
mr. tegu 10:11 AM 09-09-2024
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I just hate that Nick Wright decided to prematurely crown this MFer. Because I love Nick. But that was always a mistake.

He isn't making no Super Bowl 59 like Nick says regardless of if he is good. And I'm not sure he is gonna be.

His two worst consistent takes are Williams being Mahomes 2.0 and Burrow being elite and the second best QB. He of all people should know Mahomes’ greatness has so much to do with his off the field preparation and football intelligence which is so far not at all a guarantee for Williams. I’m convinced he only stays with the Burrow take because he doesn’t want the Chiefs to have losses against a fringe top 10 QB so he elevates Burrow.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:20 AM 09-09-2024
Originally Posted by FloridaMan88:
Not sure why Chicago didn’t replace Eberflus with an offensive-minded HC to help with Caleb Williams’ development

It’s not like Eberflus has a great track record of success to justify keeping him as the HC in Chicago.
Yeah - there was no reason to keep Eberflus.

Just keeps things on pause for another year for them. And they probably should've found a way to get a solid veteran QB in the room with him. You think Tyson Bagent is gonna show Williams the ropes?

A defensive minded HC and a 2nd year UDFA backup QB.

Who's teaching the kid? You really think Shane Waldron is gonna be the guy that gets Williams through this transition? The brand new OC who's trying to figure this shit out for himself? He's in no position to coach up Williams.

Ryan Tannehill was an athletic QB who needed to learn ths position on the fly. Andy Dalton was a limited athlete who had to prepare his way to success. Those are guys that would've been nice to have in the room with him.

And there are literally a half-dozen accomplished OCs and/or former HCs who have demonstrated the chops to put together a strong passing game. Now the Bears DID get a nice HC candidate in Waldron as their OC but he's still finding his way now as well. Someone like Derrell Bevell who has some limited HC experience but has been around the league for 20 odd years and has a track record of success would've been smart.

The Bears just threw Williams in the deep end of the pool and said 'good luck, kid' without seeming to understand that this ISN'T a guy who knows how to be a pro. He demonstrated that in college.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:52 AM 09-09-2024
He's certainly overrated at this point. He did not play well but no ints and should have had a TD if his receiver just catches an easy ball. Either way rookie QBs were like 0-19 or some shit in game 1 over the last decade or something. He could still hit his stride and he isn't hopeless like Bryce Young yet.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 10:59 AM 09-09-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
With their cap space and draft capital, if Caleb Williams is even average they should be a playoff team.

They could potentially be a playoff team with Justin Fields next year.

I think Chicago is as good a 1.1 opportunity as any QB has had in a VERY long time.
I don't think that defense is anything special. If you look at who they've faced over the last eight or so games there's not many great QB's to speak of. Levis yesterday literally handed Chicago the game.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:06 AM 09-09-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Yeah - there was no reason to keep Eberflus.

Just keeps things on pause for another year for them. And they probably should've found a way to get a solid veteran QB in the room with him. You think Tyson Bagent is gonna show Williams the ropes?

A defensive minded HC and a 2nd year UDFA backup QB.

Who's teaching the kid? You really think Shane Waldron is gonna be the guy that gets Williams through this transition? The brand new OC who's trying to figure this shit out for himself? He's in no position to coach up Williams.

Ryan Tannehill was an athletic QB who needed to learn ths position on the fly. Andy Dalton was a limited athlete who had to prepare his way to success. Those are guys that would've been nice to have in the room with him.

And there are literally a half-dozen accomplished OCs and/or former HCs who have demonstrated the chops to put together a strong passing game. Now the Bears DID get a nice HC candidate in Waldron as their OC but he's still finding his way now as well. Someone like Derrell Bevell who has some limited HC experience but has been around the league for 20 odd years and has a track record of success would've been smart.

The Bears just threw Williams in the deep end of the pool and said 'good luck, kid' without seeming to understand that this ISN'T a guy who knows how to be a pro. He demonstrated that in college.
This kind of all goes back to Poles, doesn't it? I know he had a great offseason on paper and people forgot about everything that led up to it, but if Caleb continues to disappoint, I think it's mostly on him. He should've fired Eberflus and used the opportunity to attract the league's best young offensive minds.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 11:49 AM 09-09-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
This kind of all goes back to Poles, doesn't it? I know he had a great offseason on paper and people forgot about everything that led up to it, but if Caleb continues to disappoint, I think it's mostly on him. He should've fired Eberflus and used the opportunity to attract the league's best young offensive minds.
The two top OC for head coach candidates stayed on their teams in Ben Johnson of Detroit and Slowik in Houston.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 11:56 AM 09-09-2024
Assuming he had the authority to fire Eberflus, 100% his fault.

It became abundantly clear that he and Poles are too tight, attached at the hip. Might cost them both jobs, but I am sure Poles gets one more hire.
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 12:28 PM 09-09-2024
CHI wins despite this POS.
[Reply]
DRM08 12:30 PM 09-09-2024
The Bears win yesterday looked similar to their victories with Mitch Trubisky. Defense & Special Teams pulling off miracle plays to put a bunch of points on the board and carry the QB.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 12:37 PM 09-09-2024
Levis is a fucking nightmare. Too tight, no natural feel.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:56 PM 09-09-2024
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
The two top OC for head coach candidates stayed on their teams in Ben Johnson of Detroit and Slowik in Houston.
I know, but the Bears job was never available to know if they would've taken it. I find it hard to believe they would've passed on that job.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:59 PM 09-09-2024
I know, but the Bears job was never available to know if they would've taken it. I find it hard to believe they would've passed on that job.
Exactly.

You tell any OC out there that they get the #1 overall pick, another top 10 pick in a loaded WR class, an established young veteran star receiver, a solid and ascending young defense and a shitload of cap space - they'll go ahead and listen to you make your pitch.

The Bears had EASILY the best job to offer this off-season. They simply never offered it.

That's a massive mistake.
[Reply]
suzzer99 04:46 PM 09-09-2024
How much money does Caleb already have from NIL? $10M? $20M? I wonder if that's going to affect how hungry some of these kids are coming out of college, especially if maybe they already aren't super gung ho to begin with.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:12 PM 09-09-2024
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
How much money does Caleb already have from NIL? $10M? $20M? I wonder if that's going to affect how hungry some of these kids are coming out of college, especially if maybe they already aren't super gung ho to begin with.
GREAT point... not saying thats what it is with CW, but why try to hard to 'make it' when you've already made it?

Its pretty easy to see that being the mindset from some of these young guys going forward
[Reply]
Titty Meat 05:12 PM 09-09-2024
What are the chances the Bears hire Lincoln Riley next year?
[Reply]
Page 60 of 69
« First < 10505657585960 61626364 > Last »
Up