ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Nzoner's Game Room>Colonoscopy
BlackHelicopters 08:17 AM 08-19-2016
Just picked up prep liquid for colonoscopy. Procedure is Monday. So excited I can hardly wait.
[Reply]
Rasputin 07:14 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by DaFace:
There's plenty of shitting, for sure.
So it begins ...
[Reply]
Bump 07:23 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by scho63:
It is the easiest thing you will ever do with your health.

Most overrated fear factor I have ever seen. I actually felt great after dropping all the gut waste and bloat during the prep.

Eat fiber and other light things the day or two before your prep. You will have very loose bowels and should use your shower to clean up rather than wiping 1000 times. A bidet is best.
I had a colonoscopy over a month ago and they specifically said not to eat anything high in fiber 2 or 3 days before the procedure.

The worst part was taking 2 parts of the prep, the first part went down okay and not eating didn't bother me either. But I did the 2nd part of the prep at about 5 am because the procedure was at 11am and that part fucking sucked. I wanted to throw up the 2nd part, but kept it down. The no drinking any water or anything for 4 hours before was the worst, I was so fucking thirsty because that salty shit made me thirsty.
[Reply]
Bump 07:29 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
So it begins ...
It's more like peeing out of your butthole rather than shitting.

It will start brown, like shit and work it's way to a clear or yellowish color.

Good luck, hope they don't find anything and tell you to come back in 10 years if you want.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 07:31 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
So it begins ...
Be sure to look for anything important you lost and dont know where it went before you flush
[Reply]
PHOG 07:35 PM Yesterday

[Reply]
threebag 07:47 PM Yesterday
If you get too loose, Big Bill would gladly plug ya.
[Reply]
scho63 08:01 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Bump:
I had a colonoscopy over a month ago and they specifically said not to eat anything high in fiber 2 or 3 days before the procedure.

The worst part was taking 2 parts of the prep, the first part went down okay and not eating didn't bother me either. But I did the 2nd part of the prep at about 5 am because the procedure was at 11am and that part fucking sucked. I wanted to throw up the 2nd part, but kept it down. The no drinking any water or anything for 4 hours before was the worst, I was so fucking thirsty because that salty shit made me thirsty.
I had both an endoscopy and colonoscopy during the same appointment.

I had one simple large one gallon mix. It had a lemonade flavoring packet that I mixed with a cup of hot water to dissolve. I then poured into the solution container, added bottled water and refrigerated.

After 5pm I had to begin drinking the first half by 7pm. Then the last half after 9pm to 11pm.

The solution was no problem and tasted fine, a little thicker than lemonade but not horrible.

It was good that my procedures were around 10am. I was tired and relaxed by the time it all started. Knocked out in 10 seconds and about 20 minutes later, both procedures done.
[Reply]
Bump 08:27 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by scho63:
I had both an endoscopy and colonoscopy during the same appointment.

I had one simple large one gallon mix. It had a lemonade flavoring packet that I mixed with a cup of hot water to dissolve. I then poured into the solution container, added bottled water and refrigerated.

After 5pm I had to begin drinking the first half by 7pm. Then the last half after 9pm to 11pm.

The solution was no problem and tasted fine, a little thicker than lemonade but not horrible.

It was good that my procedures were around 10am. I was tired and relaxed by the time it all started. Knocked out in 10 seconds and about 20 minutes later, both procedures done.
it was just the last 4 or 5 hours that were awful for me. It said you can't drink any water within 4 hours and that salty shit made me thirsty AF, but once they knocked me out everything was fine. I took SUPREP, I think you had a different type of prep. Mine said on the label that seizures causing death can happen even if you've never had a seizure and that sure helped the mood
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 08:40 PM Yesterday
You know you can just get the pills and not drink the mixture. You still drink the water.
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 08:41 PM Yesterday
Also recommend getting a cream for the old starfish.
[Reply]
TrebMaxx 08:52 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco:
You know you can just get the pills and not drink the mixture. You still drink the water.
Can I substitute beer for the water??
[Reply]
Dartgod 09:07 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
Obligatory...

Make sure you watch this.
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 09:13 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by TrebMaxx:
Can I substitute beer for the water??
You cannot.

The other thing to point out about the pills is you take 12 of them over an hour every 5 minutes. And you're going to do that twice depending on when your appointment is scheduled.

I had mine for a Monday afternoon. So I had to start fasting at 9:00 a.m. on Sunday. That night I did the first round of pills and all the water. Woke up the next morning did the pills and the water again. I've also found out talking with friends that different gastroenterologists do it different ways.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Up