« First < 23456 7 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Bryce Young benched
Mecca 11:47 AM 09-16-2024

Had to happen. https://t.co/BcfZOIoq09

— Daniel Harms🏈 (@InHarmsWay19) September 16, 2024

[Reply]
tredadda 06:03 PM 09-16-2024
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
Biggest draft bust of all time at this point.

This is worse than Jamarcus or Leaf.
Not even close to accurate.
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 06:07 PM 09-16-2024
Originally Posted by tredadda:
how? dude got benched for andy dalton not even a full season into his career after they traded a top 10 receiver and the 1st and 9th overall picks for him. i genuinely cant think of a worse trade and subsequent pick in nfl history

at least the raiders and chargers didnt give up massive assets for those two
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 06:15 PM 09-16-2024
Originally Posted by IrsaysLiver:
Feel bad for the dude, everything i've read about him seems on up and up personality-wise. These past few weeks have got to have been a really shitty time.
He apparently spent the offseason 'away from football.' Doesn't necessarily make him a bad guy but certainly not someone to feel sorry for.

Sounds like he doesn't give a shit.
[Reply]
tredadda 06:18 PM 09-16-2024
Originally Posted by DRM08:
So is Kyler Murray, but at least Kyler has elite speed & quickness to help make up for his size problem. Bryce Young has some mobility, but nowhere close to Kyler's explosiveness.
Wasn’t Murray also a first round pick of the Oakland A’s? He might be short, but he’s a freak athlete.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 06:22 PM 09-16-2024
Originally Posted by tredadda:
No - it's real close to accurate.

And Leaf didn't go 1.1. Nor was there an obviously better alternative. Leaf was a better pick than Young, IMO.

Jamarcus is closer. Because there were like 6 HoFers that went after him in that round. It's a pretty legendary bust and a pick many thought was iffy at the time.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 06:30 PM 09-16-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

And Leaf didn't go 1.1. Nor was there an obviously better alternative. Leaf was a better pick than Young, IMO.

Jamarcus is closer. Because there were like 6 HoFers that went after him in that round. It's a pretty legendary bust and a pick many thought was iffy at the time.
Ironically, they're better picks because they could have been good if they gave a shit. They were both incredibly talented players. Bryce Young was like Pioli drafting Tyson Jackson if he also weighed 220 lbs.
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 06:43 PM 09-16-2024
Wow, well, it's looked absolutely terrible.
[Reply]
tredadda 06:52 PM 09-16-2024
Originally Posted by St. Patty's Fire:
how? dude got benched for andy dalton not even a full season into his career after they traded a top 10 receiver and the 1st and 9th overall picks for him. i genuinely cant think of a worse trade and subsequent pick in nfl history

at least the raiders and chargers didnt give up massive assets for those two
I’m not basing it on what was given up. I am basing it on how they performed/were viewed prior to their draft. Ja’Marcus was a physical freak who was paid a fortune to do essentially nothing, not even reading the playbook. He was cut by the Raiders and that was the end of his career, no backup jobs or anything. Just gone from the league.

Leaf didn’t last much longer. Leading up to that draft there was discussion on who was the better QB prospect between him and Peyton Manning. That’s the caliber of player that people considered him and he flamed out quickly. So comparing his expectations vs results makes him a bigger bust.
[Reply]
tredadda 06:59 PM 09-16-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

Young most likely doesn’t go #1 if the owner didn’t meddle. Young was nowhere near the prospect coming out that Russell or Leaf were. I mentioned in a different post, but I base being a bust more on the expectations vs reality. It’s also why I don’t consider Ricky Williams a bust despite Ditka giving up an entire draft for him.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 07:12 PM 09-16-2024
Ricky W was a bad ass back. He wa anlittlebnuts but that dude could take a pounding. He was one of the last workhorse backs.
[Reply]
Pablo 07:18 PM 09-16-2024
Andy Dalton looks like a giant next to that turd. Glad to see another bama qb get flushed. That university only churns out dogshit
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:21 PM 09-16-2024
Russell would wear Young like a g-string
[Reply]
Rain Man 07:34 PM 09-16-2024
I bet it's a cute little Playskool bench.

[Reply]
BWillie 07:35 PM 09-16-2024
Originally Posted by Mecca:
David Tepper is currently throwing drinks on everyone in the front office.
In his defense, who was the #1 ranked QB in that draft?
[Reply]
In58men 07:41 PM 09-16-2024
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
Who is worse?

The Panthers traded DJ Moore, two first round picks, two second round picks and passed on CJ Stroud for a guy who couldn’t even make it through 19 games before being benched.
The trade is probably the worst. He wasn’t hyped up like Russ or Leaf though.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Up