ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Tell him the truth now or give him one last Christmas with Santa
Tell him the truth now 8 19.05%
Give him one last Christmas with Santa 29 69.05%
Gaz (yes, I'm old school CP) 5 11.90%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Is my kiddo too old for Santa?
luv 08:51 AM Today
My kiddo is 8 (hard to believe, right?) and in 3rd grade. I feel like we could get by with the Santa thing one more Christmas, but I don't want to be the parent taking the big kid to see Santa, ya know?

Our Santa tradition includes:
Going to see him
Me sending a letter from Santa with a Certificate of Nice List shortly after visit
Leaving milk and cookies with a thank you note Christmas Eve
Having one Santa gift Christmas morning (the one thing he asked for, which is never too expensive or too cheap)

What do you think? Tell him the truth now or give him one last Christmas with Santa?
[Reply]
C-Mac 02:07 PM Today
I had often wondered why Santa liked the rich kids more than us poor kids.....
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:14 PM Today
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
"Mommy and daddy were just wrestling."
"But you didn't even make it a full 10 count, dad..."

:-)
[Reply]
bobhill 02:21 PM Today
Last time I went trick or treating I was 21, your kid isn't to oldfor santa
[Reply]
KCUnited 02:21 PM Today
"sit down son, sometimes dads like to throw mommys in the Boston crab"
[Reply]
Rain Man 02:27 PM Today
Originally Posted by C-Mac:
I had often wondered why Santa liked the rich kids more than us poor kids.....
Santa gets funding from big corporations, obviously. He's got raw materials, shipping, licensing, labor, and other costs, just like any other enterprise. He's going to treat the kids of executives and managers better than other kids, because he knows where the money comes from. It's not a bad strategy, though, because he can peel off a little of the largesse to give credits to the poor and lower middle class kids. He just can't get enough funding to extend that to the poorest kids, which is unfortunate. But business is business.
[Reply]
MVChiefFan 02:36 PM Today
It’s funny. I can’t remember when or why I stopped believing in Santa. I don’t think I ever had a talk with my parents. It’s kind of like my last day of playing with G.I. Joes and Transformers. I don’t know why I stopped, I just… stopped. Life is strange. Of course, life would be stranger if I were a 49 year old grown ass man still asking Santa for G.I. Joes and Transformers.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 02:38 PM Today
Originally Posted by Buddy Rich:
I never understood how it's better to say a make-believe man gave these gifts to you instead of saying they're from real people who love you.
Because its harmless FUN man...geez...
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 02:42 PM Today
Originally Posted by MVChiefFan:
It’s funny. I can’t remember when or why I stopped believing in Santa. I don’t think I ever had a talk with my parents. It’s kind of like my last day of playing with G.I. Joes and Transformers. I don’t know why I stopped, I just… stopped. Life is strange. Of course, life would be stranger if I were a 49 year old grown ass man still asking Santa for G.I. Joes and Transformers.
I was 7 and I told my dad I didn't believe in Santa anymore. He smiled and said "That so? OK..."

Like a week later or something there was a knock at the door during dinner. Dad told me to go get it. I opened the door, and Holy Shit, it was Santa! My dad invited him in and he sat at the table. He had me and my brother sitting on his lap and asked us if we had been good. HE KNEW MY NAME AND STUFF! AND WHO MY TEACHER WAS!! Total proof.

It took like another 2 years for me to figure out the truth. I have always appreciated the extra mile my dad went on that one.
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 02:48 PM Today

[Reply]
luv 02:58 PM Today
Originally Posted by threebag:
We have always wrapped gifts that were for someone from someone. Santa gifts were always set up like displays, assembled and ready to play. Stocking filled to the top overflowing. So I just continued from my experience growing up. I try to make it great for everyone I can.
I've got special Santa gift only wrapping paper and gift tags. And I don't want him thinking every gift is from Santa...lol. I think my husband just never had enough Santa magic when he was little.
[Reply]
threebag 03:10 PM Today
Originally Posted by luv:
I've got special Santa gift only wrapping paper and gift tags. And I don't want him thinking every gift is from Santa...lol. I think my husband just never had enough Santa magic when he was little.
I was truly blessed, my folks were amazing parents. My brother and I always made a haul on holidays. When Nintendo came out, not only did we get the system, we also got dozens of games for it. Probably every title my mom found while shopping. That same year, we got a rack stereo system and television. We had our own game room complete with stand up arcade games, A/V equipment and game consoles.
[Reply]
Rain Man 03:14 PM Today
Originally Posted by MVChiefFan:
I've always found that odd as well. It seems like it's the same for everyone, give or take a year. I've wondered if it's perhaps some sort of brain development thing where we suddenly recognize that there's no longer a need to pretend on adult activities and begin to engage in adult activities.
[Reply]
ptlyon 04:00 PM Today
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I've always found that odd as well. It seems like it's the same for everyone, give or take a year. I've wondered if it's perhaps some sort of brain development thing where we suddenly recognize that there's no longer a need to pretend on adult activities and begin to engage in adult activities.
That's why I was bangin the neighborhood chicks at 8
[Reply]
Valiant 04:02 PM Today
I still get gifts from Santa.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:21 PM Today
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
"sit down son, sometimes dads like to throw mommys in the Boston crab"
I think when that conversation gets had, I'll try to keep seafood references to a minimum.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Up