ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 9
« First < 23456 789 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Does anyone know Vrabel's 40 time?
SenselessChiefsFan 07:47 AM 03-02-2009
I personally believe that Tamba Hali will be an absolute stud in the 3-4 defense. I think he is similar to Mike Vrabel in that he never gives up on a play. He is very active and gives himself fully to the cause.

I have read that Hali is 'too slow'. Does anyone know what Vrabel's 40 yard dash time was? Or any of his drills? I am just wondering how they stack up to Hali's.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:29 AM 03-02-2009
Hali can't take on OT's 1-on-1. But he's played serviceably in the past at DE.

I have no reason to believe he can't be a backup/situational OLB in the 3-4. Every guy on this team can't be a Tier 1 starter. You need roleplayers. Sure, it would have been nice if we hadn't spent a 1st-round pick on a roleplayer, but them's the breaks. It happens.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:30 AM 03-02-2009
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Because he runs like a slug.
And he can't cover TE's.

So what? He can still run downhill and get to the QB, especially if he doesn't have to take on blockers every down. And he does have a knack for stripping the ball.

There's a place on this team for Hali.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:31 AM 03-02-2009
I don't know how you could ever put him on the field as a 3-4 OLB, he can't beat an OT 1-1 on him in coverage is painful to watch because he's not athletic or fast.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:38 AM 03-02-2009
I don't know how you could ever put him on the field as a 3-4 OLB, he can't beat an OT 1-1 on him in coverage is painful to watch because he's not athletic or fast.
As a situational rusher in blitz packages.

It's not like the guy has no sacks for his career. He outperformed Jared Allen his rookie year. You can't act like he's done NOTHING - that's not true.
[Reply]
Ralphy Boy 10:38 AM 03-02-2009
Here is some draft info on Hali if anyone wants to look at it. They reference him being capable of playing LB in a 3-4.http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/foo...yers/4660.html

He was a disappointment last year on defense, but who wasn't? You go from 7.5 sacks in 2007 to 3 in 08 and its natural for people to think you've slipped. Not having Allen on the other side certainly allows offenses to load up the line against your only real pass rusher.

For those who say its time for him to go, get real. That is foolish talk, you don't just get rid of a guy just because of one year, especially not a first round draft pick when you already got rid of the defensive coordinator. Everyone on defense underachieved, you can't make excuses for Dorsey and not for Hali, who has proven more at this point than Dorsey.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:40 AM 03-02-2009
Hali has been on the team for 3 years not 1....and he's ALWAYS injured, that's the 1 thing he's good at.
[Reply]
Mr. Krab 10:41 AM 03-02-2009
I don't even know if there is a position that Hali can play in a 3-4. He might just end up getting cut. He was tried at a RDE pass rusher and failed completely and he's not particularly strong at the run at LDE in a 4-3.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:42 AM 03-02-2009
Originally Posted by Mr. Krab's:
I don't even know if there is a position that Hali can play in a 3-4. He might just end up getting cut. He was tried at a RDE pass rusher and failed completely and he's not particularly strong at the run at LDE in a 4-3.
His biggest problem is he's not really good at anything, there's nothing he excels at, he tries hard and tends to get injured.
[Reply]
crazycoffey 10:49 AM 03-02-2009
cracking me up, every other post is "injuried" - I got your opinion Mecca, that's great - now go scurry along and cry about not being able to draft Sanchez. Many players play with bumps and bruises, how many games has Hali missed over the last three years?
[Reply]
Mecca 10:50 AM 03-02-2009
Why do people like shitty players?
[Reply]
crazycoffey 10:51 AM 03-02-2009
Why do people like shitty players?

I don't know, why do you like sanchez?
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:53 AM 03-02-2009
Hali has been on the team for 3 years not 1....and he's ALWAYS injured, that's the 1 thing he's good at.
He's not hurt any more often than Antonio Cromartie. :-)
[Reply]
Mecca 10:53 AM 03-02-2009
What the fuck does Mark Sanchez have to do with Tamba Hali and his inability to do a god damn thing, being an end on the a team that just set the record for the worst pass rush ever is qualification enough to be told to go away and not come back.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:53 AM 03-02-2009
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
He's not hurt any more often than Antonio Cromartie. :-)
When he produces like Cromartie we can overlook that :-)
[Reply]
Groves 10:59 AM 03-02-2009
my kingdom for a properly fitting shoe
[Reply]
Page 6 of 9
« First < 23456 789 >
Up