ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Nzoner's Game Room>What to do about Wanya Morris?
SHOWTIME 04:38 PM Yesterday
The guy is absolutely brutal

Veach needs to get Donovan Smith or Bakhtiari in here ASAP. Wanya is not sustainable for the rest of the season.
[Reply]
Kman34 07:12 AM Today
Originally Posted by SHOWTIME:
The folks here seem to think that winning erases poor LT/RT play and that as long as the team keeps winning no changes are necessary.
And some folks here seem to think if we aren’t all pro at every position we can’t win a SB….
[Reply]
SHOWTIME 07:12 AM Today
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
The problem is Crosby is the best DE in the NFL. He makes most tackles look bad.
Bosa was having his way with our tackles last week and Hendrickson almost single handedly wrecked the o-line vs Cincy. it's not just Crosby.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:13 AM Today
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz:
After spending a 2nd on Kingsley? Would be pretty damning to make that move, you're basically just giving up on him after 2 games of starting.
Then Suamataia needs to start playing. Morris is not a long term answer at LT and Mahomes doesn't trust him at all.
[Reply]
PatMahomesIsGod 07:52 AM Today
New coaching? As in a younger stud OL assistant.

It’s tough to develop OL due to the style of college play. Maybe find a guy that’s proficient at it.
[Reply]
Lzen 07:54 AM Today
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Trade for Maxx Crosby
As good as he is, I wouldn't want that. I can't stand that fucker.
[Reply]
SHOWTIME 07:57 AM Today
Originally Posted by Kman34:
And some folks here seem to think if we aren’t all pro at every position we can’t win a SB….
We had a better LT in 2019, 2022, and 2023. And we've never won a SB with a Wanya Morris quality LT.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:05 AM Today
Originally Posted by PatMahomesIsGod:
New coaching? As in a younger stud OL assistant.

It’s tough to develop OL due to the style of college play. Maybe find a guy that’s proficient at it.
Reid is one of the best guys this league has ever seen at coaching up OL and is often taking an active role in the process.

Coaching isn't the issue.

Morris just has heavy feet. This sort of thing is going to happen for him against guys with blue chip talent.

But honestly, Donovan Smith has some of the same issues over there. OBJ always did. There are probably 6-8 edge rushers in the league that will torment someone like Wanya Morris . We've played 3 of them so far (Hendrickson, Bosa and Crosby).

Garrett, Parsons and Watt are the other 3 that would give me some concern. Maybe Hutchinson but he's out for the season.

The good news is that the only one of those guys we MIGHT see in the post-season is Watt. I guess we could see Bosa in the SB again but that seems unlikely. I guess maybe Hendrickson again should the Bengals un-fuck themselves but that's a long-shot in its own right (and maybe Morris will have more success against him than Kingsley did).

If Morris starts to sink gameplans against teams that DON'T have one of the handful of elite edge rushers in the league, then you've reached critical mass. But that's not what we've seen. Against most guys, he's credible. And credible's about all we're gonna get from anyone we have out there.

Bakhtiari is about the only guy that might provide a clear upgrade when he's healthy and I'm not opposed to giving him a call. But if he's not coming, this is what you've got.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:07 AM Today
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
Then Suamataia needs to start playing. Morris is not a long term answer at LT and Mahomes doesn't trust him at all.
Don’t think Mahomes trusts either tbh. Kingsley has a lot of technique work to do right now though and I don’t think that’s gonna get fixed this year.

Unfortunately Wanya might be our best bet right now
[Reply]
Lzen 08:09 AM Today
I have noticed that several posters have been down on Wanya for a while now. I didn't think he had been that bad. Sure, he's not been playing like a stud, just ok. Yesterday was not a great game for him. An improvement over Christmas day game, yes, but still below average.

I'm wondering when they will give Kingsley another shot. Would be nice to see him improve and take back the spot this year.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:11 AM Today
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Don’t think Mahomes trusts either tbh. Kingsley has a lot of technique work to do right now though and I don’t think that’s gonna get fixed this year.

Kingsley was losing fast. And in the same way.

When a guy exposes a weakness that the opponent can just spam, he's gotta sit down. You can't have that.

Now if he's demonstrated some improvement there, give him another shot. But the first guy he faces is going to hit him with that same club/rip and attack that outside shoulder the same way Hendrickson did. And if he doesn't show immediately that's he's developed a plan against it, we're shot.

Because if a guy wins every rep but has to at least work to do it, that's better than a guy just going out there and doing the same thing over and over again with nothing to think about because then he's not even having to execute his secondary moves. You're not taxing him a bit.

Unless/until he doesn't have a spammable weakness, Kingsley can't play.
[Reply]
O.city 08:12 AM Today
He's a 3rd round T prospect. There's a few positions that the league has down pretty well on who needs drafted where and tackle is one of them.

The fact that he's this as a 3rd, is...well a success.

If you want a lock down LT....open the pocket book or trade up into QB range.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:13 AM Today
Originally Posted by Lzen:
I have noticed that several posters have been down on Wanya for a while now. I didn't think he had been that bad. Sure, he's not been playing like a stud, just ok. Yesterday was not a great game for him. An improvement over Christmas day game, yes, but still below average.

I'm wondering when they will give Kingsley another shot. Would be nice to see him improve and take back the spot this year.
I'm not a Wanya fan at all. I think he's a G that we're asking to do too much.

And he did play better yesterday than he did in the Christmas game. But when you compare how he played vs. Crosby vs. how Taylor played vs. Crosby in the same game, it's night and day.

He's CLEARLY fringe starter caliber at his best and his realistically a swing OT who should be playing G.

I think yesterday further established that. It wasn't the disaster of last season where he didn't look like he should be on an NFL roster. But it did suggest he's being stretched quite a bit doing what we're doing with him.
[Reply]
SHOWTIME 08:21 AM Today
Originally Posted by RunKC:

Unfortunately, all the decent LT prospects were taken way before we had a chance to draft one. At least 10 OTs went ahead of Kingsley...
[Reply]
RunKC 08:21 AM Today
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Kingsley was losing fast. And in the same way.

When a guy exposes a weakness that the opponent can just spam, he's gotta sit down. You can't have that.

Now if he's demonstrated some improvement there, give him another shot. But the first guy he faces is going to hit him with that same club/rip and attack that outside shoulder the same way Hendrickson did. And if he doesn't show immediately that's he's developed a plan against it, we're shot.

Because if a guy wins every rep but has to at least work to do it, that's better than a guy just going out there and doing the same thing over and over again with nothing to think about because then he's not even having to execute his secondary moves. You're not taxing him a bit.

Unless/until he doesn't have a spammable weakness, Kingsley can't play.
Kingsley reminds me so much of Eric Fisher. A guy with the traits and a high ceiling but is a mold of clay needing work whereas Wanya is a higher floor kinda guy that is playable but not a certainty by any means.

Kingsley is more athletic and stronger than Wanya but he just doesn’t know the technique yet. When Trey Hendrickson beat Kingsley it was almost strictly due to technique and leverage every time. Trey knew how to get his hands on him and get leverage immediately.

I remember seeing that in Fisher in 2013 and 2014. This could take a bit but I think the endgame for Kingsley could be a really solid player like Fisher was. We just need patience.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 08:22 AM Today
I'm still hoping Kingsley gets another crack here soon, but we all know Andy isn't changing the lineup unless there is injury.

I'm not ready to make a move necessarily, but I would be touching base with Donovan Smith and making sure he's in shape if needed. That would obviously only be needed if Kingsley is still not ready for primetime in their eyes.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Up