ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 8
« First < 23456 78 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Is Trevor Lawrence a bust and vastly overrated?
scho63 07:25 AM 09-24-2024
This is really shocking to me how this guy has fallen off a cliff and the Jags are really in decline.

I don't follow them with a microscope to look at every injury or player transaction but what the hell has happened to them?

Is Doug Pederson not really great?
Was Trevor overrated from the start?
Is it all about a bad team and no weapons?
Key injuries?

He is looking bad, throwing bad picks, missing guys all over.

Almost playing like Zach Wilson

Can someone tell me how he is 0-8 in his last 8.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:05 PM Today
Taking Travon Walker over Aidan Hutchinson may be an even bigger gaffe. What the fuck was that all about?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:07 PM Today
Hines-Allen and Hutchinson would be the best EDGE duo in the league and they'd both be locked up for years. But nope.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:20 PM Today
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
Taking Travon Walker over Aidan Hutchinson may be an even bigger gaffe. What the fuck was that all about?
Yeah - I remember thinking Walker might be an interesting target at 20 if he slides a bit and we can move up to take a gamble on the measurables.

Taking him over Hutchinson was just being too clever by half.

Sometimes you just take the really good football player, fellas...
[Reply]
O.city 02:22 PM Today
Yeah, that one stings.

On another note....do they wanna trade Walker maybe?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:25 PM Today
Originally Posted by O.city:
Yeah, that one stings.

On another note....do they wanna trade Walker maybe?
If nothing else, there'd be a new name in the bottom left hand corner of those little graphs...

I think we could trade for prime Reggie White and the end result would be long conversations about how great he is at setting the edge.

(And he won't be very good at THAT either...)

It's remarkable how little we've gotten from that spot over the years.
[Reply]
O.city 02:26 PM Today
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
If nothing else, there'd be a new name in the bottom left hand corner of those little graphs...

I think we could trade for prime Reggie White and the end result would be long conversations about how great he is at setting the edge.

(And he won't be very good at THAT either...)

It's remarkable how little we've gotten from that spot over the years.
It's gotta be a something in the metrics of how they eval guys or what they look for?

Just such a blind spot at DE. I can't figure it out.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:30 PM Today
Hell, if they're about to blow the whole thing up I'd call up Pederson before he's fired and ask what he'd want. Walker isn't bad at all, he's just not going to be a DPOY candidate like Hutchinson and probably shouldn't have went #1 overall.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:31 PM Today
Originally Posted by O.city:
It's gotta be a something in the metrics of how they eval guys or what they look for?

Just such a blind spot at DE. I can't figure it out.
I'd say its an issue of priority like it was with LB and WR but it's not as though they haven't thrown significant resources at it.

And it's not entirely fair to discount the Omenihu signing. He was as advertised once he came back and got into football shape. That looked like a true impact signing....until it didn't.

The Danna one is just awfully odd to me. Essentially 2 years and $15 million for a guy who's really a guy who's probably little more than a strong backup and is clearly mis-cast in a weakside DE role.

I guess they really trust that Omenihu will be back by the post-season and at full gallop. That just seems a risky gamble on an ACL.

Because it feels like you could've cut him and saved Danna's money and found a higher quality starting DE for the money you've spent.
[Reply]
O.city 02:34 PM Today
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I'd say its an issue of priority like it was with LB and WR but it's not as though they haven't thrown significant resources at it.

And it's not entirely fair to discount the Omenihu signing. He was as advertised once he came back and got into football shape. That looked like a true impact signing....until it didn't.

The Danna one is just awfully odd to me. Essentially 2 years and $15 million for a guy who's really a guy who's probably little more than a strong backup and is clearly mis-cast in a weakside DE role.

I guess they really trust that Omenihu will be back by the post-season and at full gallop. That just seems a risky gamble on an ACL.

Because it feels like you could've cut him and saved Danna's money and found a higher quality starting DE for the money you've spent.
I don't like the Omenihu hope....just seems to take guys a few years.

They just can't seem to hit high average wise on DE's. I dunno what it is.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:38 PM Today
I mean, they really haven't tried that often? Before Karlaftis the last one they drafted relatively high was Speaks. They put all their eggs in the Clark basket.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:39 PM Today
I mean, they really haven't tried that often? Before Karlaftis the last one they drafted relatively high was Speaks. They put all their eggs in the Clark basket.
The Clark trade was quite a bit of capital. And FAU hasn't amounted to much.

I'm hard pressed to find a position they've put MORE draft/cap capital into in the Mahomes era than DE. They've damn sure put more into it than they have OT.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 02:39 PM Today
2 1sts and a quasi 1st (2nd that we traded down on) is in fact a pretty damn good attempt at trying to address the issue.
[Reply]
O.city 02:41 PM Today
That's like what, 3 1's on a spot?

Karlaftis has hit very well so that's good but outside that....not alot to show for it.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:42 PM Today
If you've already checked out on FAU then yeah, it's looking pretty dire.
[Reply]
O.city 02:42 PM Today
If you've already checked out on FAU then yeah, it's looking pretty dire.
If they keep leaving him unblocked, we should be good there.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 8
« First < 23456 78 >
Up