ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 10
« First < 23456 78910 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Kafka to NYG as OC
Dante84 12:02 PM 02-03-2022
Damn

The #Giants are in talks on a deal to hire #Chiefs QBs coach Mike Kafka as their OC, per @MikeGarafolo. The former NFL QB has been working with Andy Reid for the last several years and is considered an up-and-coming coach in the league. Big hire for Brian Daboll.

— Ari Meirov (@MySportsUpdate) February 3, 2022

[Reply]
penguinz 02:05 PM 02-03-2022
Originally Posted by booger:
Go look up his career and how many years he coached with Reid in Philly and KC and you pick the worst year Alex had. You dumb****ing ignorant shitstain
Name on WR he clearly was an impact on their success.
[Reply]
srvy 02:12 PM 02-03-2022
Don't the chiefs have a right to match and block this? Seems they did a while back.

Maybe he fell out of favor with Pats problems early in the season or Pat has recommended a change to Andy. I do know he and Nagy were 2 peas in a pod it seemed. But as was said Andy is still here and maybe he needs to do his bench sit downs with Pat again while the D is on the field.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:17 PM 02-03-2022
Yeah, have no idea why people clamor for Nagy. We've already seen what happens when he's the one in charge, and it sucks big floppy elephant dicks. No innovation, no attempt to cater the offense to the QB, just a retard jamming all different shapes of pegs into his trapezoid hole.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 02:21 PM 02-03-2022
Originally Posted by srvy:
Don't the chiefs have a right to match and block this? Seems they did a while back.

Maybe he fell out of favor with Pats problems early in the season or Pat has recommended a change to Andy.
Or maybe they thought EB would be gone by now and Kafka would take over, and since he isn't gone the Chiefs decided that they don't wanna cock-block a Kafka promotion.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 02:28 PM 02-03-2022
Wouldn't the value in a QB coach for KC be one that figures out a way to get quality spot starts from a backup should something happen?
[Reply]
-King- 02:30 PM 02-03-2022

Maybe he fell out of favor with Pats problems early in the season or Pat has recommended a change to Andy. I do know he and Nagy were 2 peas in a pod it seemed. But as was said Andy is still here and maybe he needs to do his bench sit downs with Pat again while the D is on the field.
He's getting a promotion, so no.
[Reply]
penguinz 02:35 PM 02-03-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
He's getting a promotion, so no.
Also, was Kafka still under contract with KC for the 2022 season? If it expires at end of the 2021 season then he can go where he wants no matter what KC says.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 02:38 PM 02-03-2022
I'm still waiting for Bosschief or anyone really to tell me just what it is that you've all seen from Kafka that makes you so sure this is a huge loss.

So far all I've seen anyone say is...(checks notes)...he's not Eric Bienemy.

Which, since Bienemy doesn't call the plays, means...nothing really.
[Reply]
Wilson8 02:46 PM 02-03-2022

If Mike Kafka was under contract, they could prevent an interview. If a coach is under contract and team wants to keep, they can block them.

This situation has nothing to do with Patrick and Kafka's relationship. EB is the OC. Mike Kafka is available and has an opportunity with HC Brian Daboll and the New York Giants. He is moving on.

The Chiefs had been grooming Kafka as an OC, but they also thought Eric would get an NFL Head Coaching job by now.

Chiefs will be fine. It will be interesting to see how the Chiefs fill the QB coach job.

As long as Chiefs have Andy Reid, we will be good.
[Reply]
Wilson8 02:52 PM 02-03-2022
I take it back. NFL rule change in 2020 prevents teams from blocking a coach advancing.

https://www.si.com/nfl/browns/news/nfl-changes-rules

Originally Posted by :
Source: NFL owners have approved a rule change that will prevent teams from blocking position coaches from interviewing from coordinator positions. Important change for a lot of folks.

[Reply]
srvy 03:11 PM 02-03-2022
Originally Posted by Wilson8:
I take it back. NFL rule change in 2020 prevents teams from blocking a coach advancing.

https://www.si.com/nfl/browns/news/nfl-changes-rules
I see

But that tweet makes it sound as though it's not signed sealed delivered.
Counter offer Kafka the promotion to OC then lift Beinemy to assistant HC put in the box upstairs. That seems to be the place that jettison you out the door at arrowhead.

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:15 PM 02-03-2022
I see

But that tweet makes it sound as though it's not signed sealed delivered.
Counter offer Kafka the promotion to OC then lift Beinemy to assistant HC put in the box upstairs. That seems to be the place that jettison you out the door at arrowhead.

Toub already has the Assistant HC title.
[Reply]
srvy 03:34 PM 02-03-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Toub already has the Assistant HC title.
He needs jettisoned too.

[Reply]
gblowfish 03:41 PM 02-03-2022
Guys like Trent Green and Alex Smith don't want to be coaches. NFL assistant coaches work their ASSES off. Like 80 hour weeks and never see their families from July to January. Green and Smith don't need the money and don't have to work that hard. Andy will be fine. There's lots of brilliant young guys who would LOVE to work with him. If nobody wanted any of our staff guys, that would be a very bad thing. You don't see anybody raiding the Lions or Jaguars....just sayin.
[Reply]
gblowfish 03:42 PM 02-03-2022
He needs jettisoned too.

Green Bay would give their left nut for Dave Toub.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 10
« First < 23456 78910 >
Up