ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 12
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>WE ARE GOING TO GET TY LAW!!!!!!!
SLAG 09:34 PM 07-11-2006
Per
Jack Harry on 10PM News

Willie Roaf has Now Restructured his contract...

Originally Posted by Wild Eyed Jack Harry:

..THIS MEANS WE ARE GOING TO FREE CAP SPACE.... THE CHIEFS CAN GO GET TY LAW... THE CHIEFS ARE GOING TO GET TY LAW...

:-) :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
Mr. Laz 11:55 AM 07-12-2006
Originally Posted by aarowheadnation:
Won't the front office have to be thinking about stowing away some extra funds to pay LJ once his contract is up?
his contract has 3 more years
[Reply]
hypersensitiveZO6 12:02 PM 07-12-2006
If Ty Law did sign, Surtain moves to the 2 spot and basically covers the same guy he covered last year-- the 2 receiver.
[Reply]
King_Chief_Fan 12:03 PM 07-12-2006
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I highly doubt Law would have single-handedly held Tiki Barber under 200 yards, and that game really broke the season for us.
He wouldn't have helped the offense score against Bufalo either.
Wouldn't have changed the Cowboys game
wouldn't have etc. etc.
[Reply]
Bootlegged 12:04 PM 07-12-2006

YAY!!!!!!
[Reply]
Brock 12:05 PM 07-12-2006
Originally Posted by Laz:
his contract has 3 more years
At least 2 of which will never see the light of day.
[Reply]
bobbything 12:07 PM 07-12-2006
Originally Posted by :
I highly doubt Law would have single-handedly held Tiki Barber under 200 yards, and that game really broke the season for us.
Hmmm, I personally think blowing an 18 point lead, at home, to the eventual 6-10 Phillidelphia Eagles is what broke the season. Win that game, and we're in the playoffs.

NY was on the road against a playoff team. I think the Buffalo game was more so of a season-breaker than the Giants game. JMO.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:10 PM 07-12-2006
Originally Posted by bobbything:
Hmmm, I personally think blowing an 18 point lead, at home, to the eventual 6-10 Phillidelphia Eagles is what broke the season. Win that game, and we're in the playoffs.

NY was on the road against a playoff team. I think the Buffalo game was more so of a season-breaker than the Giants game. JMO.
Would Law have made a difference in the Philly game?

He wouldn't have been playing in place of Kendrell Bell, nor would he have prevented LJ's fumble or Trent's pick six.
[Reply]
Chiefnj 12:14 PM 07-12-2006
Would Law have made a difference in the Philly game?

He wouldn't have been playing in place of Kendrell Bell, nor would he have prevented LJ's fumble or Trent's pick six.
IF one of his 10 picks came in that game, he might of.
[Reply]
DaKCMan AP 12:19 PM 07-12-2006
Originally Posted by hyperliteZO6:
If Ty Law did sign, Surtain moves to the 2 spot and basically covers the same guy he covered last year-- the 2 receiver.
Or would Surtain move to the 2 spot and cover the #1 receiver while Law takes the 1 spot and covers the #2 receiver. :-)

OR...would we keep the RCB, LCB and not 1,2 and have Surtain take the LCB spot and Law the RCB (or vice-versa) and then cover the #1 or #2 depending on which side of the field the receivers line up on. Therefore, each would cover the 1.5 receiver. :-):-)
[Reply]
milkman 12:40 PM 07-12-2006
Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP:
Or would Surtain move to the 2 spot and cover the #1 receiver while Law takes the 1 spot and covers the #2 receiver. :-)

OR...would we keep the RCB, LCB and not 1,2 and have Surtain take the LCB spot and Law the RCB (or vice-versa) and then cover the #1 or #2 depending on which side of the field the receivers line up on. Therefore, each would cover the 1.5 receiver. :-):-)
Ok, now you're just trying to hurt my head! :-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:45 PM 07-12-2006
I guarantee you Law would be matched up with whoever lined up on his side of the field.

We don't have #1 and #2, only right and left.
[Reply]
DaKCMan AP 12:55 PM 07-12-2006
I guarantee you Law would be matched up with whoever lined up on his side of the field.

We don't have #1 and #2, only right and left.
So the 1.5 it is!
[Reply]
Chiefnj 01:13 PM 07-12-2006
My final thoughts on Law.

Law would be the best CB on the Chiefs. He excelled in a cover 2 last year and is in all likelihood better in zone coverage than Surtain is. He would provide additional flexibility to run plays where there is a cover 2 look, but the safeties and/or LB's blitz. One may be put off by his "business first" approach to the game, but when he's on the field on Sunday he gives it his all.

I would have no problem spending Lamar's money on the guy. Give him a modest signing bonus and a very high first year base salary.

He's not single handidly going to propel the Chiefs into the playoffs, but he is a major improvement in talent and would provide for some latitude in the defensive scheme if the pure cover 2 isn't generating enough of a pass rush.
[Reply]
DaKCMan AP 01:16 PM 07-12-2006
Originally Posted by Chiefnj:

Law would be the best TE on the Chiefs. He excelled in a cover 2 last year and is in all likelihood better in zone coverage than Surtain is. He would provide additional flexibility to run plays where there is a cover 2 look, but the safeties and/or LB's blitz. One may be put off by his "business first" approach to the game, but when he's on the field on Sunday he gives it his all.

I would have no problem spending Lamar's money on the guy. Give him a modest signing bonus and a very high first year base salary.

He's not single handidly going to propel the Chiefs into the playoffs, but he is a major improvement in talent and would provide for some latitude in the defensive scheme if the pure cover 2 isn't generating enough of a pass rush.
Even better than Tony Gonzalez??? :-) :-)
[Reply]
Gonzo 01:18 PM 07-12-2006
Originally Posted by Chiefnj:

Law would be the best TE on the Chiefs. He excelled in a cover 2 last year and is in all likelihood better in zone coverage than Surtain is. He would provide additional flexibility to run plays where there is a cover 2 look, but the safeties and/or LB's blitz. One may be put off by his "business first" approach to the game, but when he's on the field on Sunday he gives it his all.

TE???????? I think not.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 12
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Up