ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Nzoner's Game Room>Pete Prisco's take on the Chiefs Offense
Couch-Potato 11:39 PM 10-17-2024
Saw this on Reddit:

“This is just like last year where everyone is talking about concerns with Mahomes & the offense well I can tell you exactly what’s going on. They have a fantastic elite defense that does not get the national love or headlines they deserve. That young defense their GM built by trading Tyreek Hill to Miami, since last regular season is allowing Mahomes & Reid to be conservative with their pass play calls, run the ball more in September, October & November & slowly build up their pass game with rookie WR’s & cheap veterans who are not highly valued around the league but fit the Reid system well. You gotta understand Mahomes is 29 in his 7th season & Kelce is 35 but if you factor in their deep playoff runs over the last six years they have played an entire extra season & every game they play their opponent treats them like it’s their Super Bowl & it’s hard for them to get up week after week and match that intensity.

So their elite young defense & run game is allowing Mahomes & the pass game to take the LeBron approach. LeBron got to a point especially in his second stint in Cleveland where in the regular season he not play defense and settled for 3 point shots but when the playoffs arrived you saw LeBron at his peak form playing elite defense & attacking the rim relentlessly. Because of their defense, Mahomes & Reid in September, October & November are comfortable handing the ball off and being conservative in the pass game. Mahomes is not being aggressive throwing the football downfield right now or using his legs to make many throws on the move right now because it’s by design!!

He no longer prioritizes September, October, November and no longer cares about winning MVP’s or regular season awards, he prioritizes his body & peak play for when it matters most in late December & playoffs in January thanks to an elite defense. They’re (5-0) and Mahomes has been pretty dormant thus far and I’m telling you Kansas City feels great about themselves because it’s by design.” - Pete Prisco
[Reply]
Frazod 04:19 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
It’s clear. When a team beats us in the regular season, their fans are chirping about it for years. Despite the fact that they have nothing to show for it, and the Chiefs are filling their fingers with rings!

Guy I work with who’s a Lions fan STILL talks about how they beat us last year game 1. Even through we won the SB. And he brings up the fucking preseason game. YoU sTaRtEd KeLcE aNd MaHoMeS…..
Heh. He's a Lions fan. The hell we went through prior to the Mahomes era was a stroll through a park on a beautiful day compared to what they endured. At least we had some good/near great teams and a single SB win in the distant past. They just had ass piled upon more ass. If he's a real, life-long fan and not some bandwagon idiot, he's entitled to his madness. God knows he earned it.
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:52 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Bob Dole:
I'd like to dedicate this song to Megatron.

https://youtu.be/TZnraQmPFq8?si=pWdpCExl4nh5tDqY
Well, at least I can cook.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:24 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
It's really not a cope at all. Our eyes can see it and the boots-on-ground reporters back it up.

Andy would blow his load during his first 20 years all within the first couple months and then defenses would seem to figure the O out. It just looks different to me in recent years. I'm sure some of that is just getting the other team's full focus of every week, but whatever it is, it leads to their best performances when it's needed most.
I think it's a combination of things.

New pieces each season (last year they underperformed, this year injuries killed plan A, B, and C) so they're figuring each other out a bit.

Every team we play is fully focused and dying to beat us. It must be really difficult to be 100% focused 20 weeks a season. Sometimes our guys are just on cruise a bit.

Andy knows the defense can bail him out, so he's trying out new shit to see how it works.

These guys know when they need to hit the gas, and rarely fail to do so.
[Reply]
cabletech94 10:04 AM Today
Originally Posted by Fansy the Famous Bard:
Can we still hate Pete?
#always.
[Reply]
LagunaSWana 01:52 PM Today
Many things can be true at once:

Andy is throttling the offense because of injuries and also his confidence in the defense
Mahomes is being very picky on when he runs with the ball to preserve his legs and health
Mahomes has not been playing well. Not accurate and not seeing open receivers
Turnovers and penalties are making the offense look worse than it is
The offense has the yips in the red zone

This combination of factors has us fans frustrated and biting our nails over first 5 games.
[Reply]
TheGuardian 02:53 PM Today
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
KC is averaging 3.9yds/carry. Making them 26th in the league in rush yds/carry. Currently, league-average appears to be about 4.7 yds/carry.
This is misleading.

The Chiefs are THE BEST in the league on run success rate, eg does your run game get you to 2nd and manageable on a first down carry...

Meaning, does it make it 2nd and 6 or less. We are literally number 1 in the league at that and also converting third and short with runs

However......

We're dead last in explosive runs. The longest run we've had all year is 11 yards (by a back).

So basically, we're lining up, and grounding people into beef and no one can stop that, but we're not getting the big runs. Which really doesn't matter if we're basically holding onto the ball for most of the game and the defense is pulverizing the opponents offense.
[Reply]
KC Shox 03:27 PM Today
LOL, Prisco’s analysis is nothing but putting lacquer on a turd. This offense stinks, the tackles stink and injuries stink. His breakdown of the offense asserts this is intentional sandbagging until the playoffs. BS! Reid and Mahomes are just playing with the cards they have been dealt and that hand is stinks. I’m just praying our defense remains healthy the entire year as that’s the only way we get another championship.
[Reply]
trndobrd 03:47 PM Today
Originally Posted by TheGuardian:
This is misleading.

The Chiefs are THE BEST in the league on run success rate, eg does your run game get you to 2nd and manageable on a first down carry...

Meaning, does it make it 2nd and 6 or less. We are literally number 1 in the league at that and also converting third and short with runs

However......

We're dead last in explosive runs. The longest run we've had all year is 11 yards (by a back).

So basically, we're lining up, and grounding people into beef and no one can stop that, but we're not getting the big runs. Which really doesn't matter if we're basically holding onto the ball for most of the game and the defense is pulverizing the opponents offense.

So Martyball....but with a HOF QB, HOF TE, and receivers capable of stretching the field at any time. :-) Never understood why Andy, in situations where the opponent could not stop the run, would suddenly decide to go pass-first.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 04:20 PM Today
Generally when the Chiefs score 24 points the game is over. Defense and the running game slam the door. We watched the Patriots do it for years. They rarely blew anybody out.

Bill was asked if that's the kind of game he prefers. He replied bluntly and almost befuddled "we prefer to win." :-)
[Reply]
FlaChief58 04:26 PM Today
Tl;dr

I assume the Chiefs are good
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:35 PM Today
Is Prisco renowned for his football Xs and Os analysis? Would be news to me.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Up