ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 14
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Pacheco fractured his Fibula
Sassy Squatch 07:27 AM 09-16-2024

#Chiefs star RB Isiah Pacheco, who left the stadium in a walking boot and crutches, fractured his fibula based on initial tests, sources say.

More information coming to determine severity and associated damage, but Pacheco is set to miss real time. pic.twitter.com/9xA4hOsMyE

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) September 16, 2024

[Reply]
Shoes 08:51 AM 09-16-2024
Call Cleveland and trade for Pierre Strong Jr.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:53 AM 09-16-2024
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Reid trusted Steele after he fumbled to pick up yards at the very end of the game. Reid trusts Steele
A) Reid has never been Belichick about that stuff. BB buried guys the moment they fumbled. Reid doesn't.

B) Pacheco was hurt.

C) Steele STILL ran too loose with the ball on those 2 carries, IMO.

That's not to say I don't think we can use him. We can and will. I just think we're overstating what could reasonably be expected of him.
[Reply]
ChiefaRoo 08:53 AM 09-16-2024
Originally Posted by Kiimo:
Give Steele a chance before you write him off.

Yesterday wasn't nearly enough of a chance.
Steele can run but he’s making a huge jump and in the NFL you have to secure the ball. Can he do it? No one knows yet.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 08:54 AM 09-16-2024
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
High-low tackles are always so fucking dirty. Lets pin his legs down then just twist his upper body into whatever pretzel we want!
Tackling the herky jerky man can't be much fun, but that tackle was bad luck for Pacheco not a dirty play.

I don't really enjoy watching Pacheco run the ball, always looks like he's about to fly apart with his motions. I do though, except when it's against the Raiders, the results of the guy running. Plus he seems like a really outstanding individual.

I wish him a speedy and full recovery.
[Reply]
LagunaSWana 08:55 AM 09-16-2024
Remember that time Hunt fumbled on his first attempt and then never fumbled again? Something to emulate, Mr. Steele.
[Reply]
Monticore 08:59 AM 09-16-2024
We need someone either way , a broken bone was best case scenario with the way he was bent that could has easily been a ligament tear glad the bone gave out first . Should not affect when he returns either , depending on severity of course and location if it’s an avulsion fracture off the tip vs spiral with break pro. And distally etc.. if it’s an avulsion he would have ligaments damage as well but hoping for just distal clean break .
[Reply]
RunKC 09:02 AM 09-16-2024
If this was a full on break on his fibula he wouldn’t have jogged off the field. It feels like this is a hairline fracture type deal that will take around 6-7 weeks to heal.
[Reply]
VAChief 09:05 AM 09-16-2024
I would rather sign Prince off Miami's practice squad. He is obviously familiar with the system, has good size and speed. Perine steps up to take the regular reps, Prince can give him a blow with Steele keeping his short down and occasional 3rd down role.

I like McKinnon as an option too, but not sure what shape he is in at this point.
[Reply]
KCUnited 09:06 AM 09-16-2024
Whats a bummer is there was a run earlier in the game where Pacheco made a Lamar Jackson type move to avoid heavy contact while going to the ground. It was the type of play were in seasons past he'd of taken on the defender and absorbed a bunch of contact and it looked like he had evolved a bit to save his body

Then he gets accordion'd later in the game and breaks his leg
[Reply]
crispystl 09:06 AM 09-16-2024
Originally Posted by VAChief:
I would rather sign Prince off Miami's practice squad. He is obviously familiar with the system, has good size and speed. Perine steps up to take the regular reps, Prince can give him a blow with Steele keeping his short down and occasional 3rd down role.

I like McKinnon as an option too, but not sure what shape he is in at this point.
No thanks. That experiment is dead in the water.
[Reply]
scho63 09:09 AM 09-16-2024
We are losing offensive players to injury.

This is what we can't control in our effort for 3-peat.

Sucks all the way around.
[Reply]
Shoes 09:15 AM 09-16-2024
Originally Posted by scho63:
We are losing offensive players to injury.

This is what we can't control in pur effort for 3-peat.

Sucks all the way around.
Positive spin I would rather this happen in week 2 than later in the season- and in all honesty the RB spot I think is the most manageable to overcome. I still think the offense is in a better spot this season than it was last year.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 09:19 AM 09-16-2024
I’m not going to worry about Steele’s ypc or lack of burst. If I recall, I think all but one of his runs were basically just if you can get two yards that’s a hugely successful play for the situation.
[Reply]
carcosa 09:22 AM 09-16-2024
I'm going to kill myself!!!!!!
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:23 AM 09-16-2024
It is really really not ideal. But I don’t see perine as an RB3. He’s a really good backup plan for a team like ours that doesn’t always have to depend on our RBs. I think our 1/2 punch will be good enough.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 14
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Up