ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 20
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Diggs traded to Texans
RunKC 08:57 AM 04-03-2024

Blockbuster: Bills are finalizing a trade to send four-time Pro-Bowl WR Stefon Diggs to the Houston Texans for draft-pick compensation, sources tell ESPN. pic.twitter.com/5tIJGkve6t

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 3, 2024

[Reply]
TEX 09:38 AM 04-03-2024
Originally Posted by redfan:
Imitating the Chiefs by trading their "best" WR for a bevy of picksss...oh.
Except that it's basically for only one pick and its for next year. Nothing this season. And they have a huge cap hit. :-)
[Reply]
mr. tegu 09:38 AM 04-03-2024
Originally Posted by Jerm:
I can't believe Buffalo traded him to a direct competitor in the AFC...hilarious lol.

BTW great offseason in Buffalo...gut your team, make some moves in FA, and then trade your best weapon. WTF. Can't even rebuild right.

The Texans overhype will be in the stratosphere now...let's see how they do with a 1st place schedule and a year of film on Stroud.

They know he’s washed and will do more harm than good. They needed to get rid of him. The Texans are the ones making a mistake here. They should of just kept their first round pick and gotten a WR there.
[Reply]
TEX 09:38 AM 04-03-2024
Originally Posted by redfan:
Imitating the Chiefs by trading their "best" WR for a bevy of picksss...oh.
Except that it's basically only one pick and its for next year. Nothing this season. And they have a huge cap hit. :-)
[Reply]
Dunerdr 09:39 AM 04-03-2024
We’re all celebrating buffalos fall but now we likely have to get ahead of Buffalo for a WR in the draft.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:40 AM 04-03-2024
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
I’m not understanding. How much are the Bills still going to be paying Diggs in 2024? Anything beyond that?
Nothing.

But they take the cap hit of his pre-rated bonus off that god-awful extension they gave him a couple years back.

And they won't pay him anything beyond that.

All this does for them is move the dead cap they would've taken in 2025 when they cut him into 2024. Over a 2 year window it saves them about $19 million (hurts them a bit this year, helps them next year; sum total savings on the cap is $19 million over those two years).

It's the football equivalent of holding your L. They realized that the extension was pretty much a disaster and have decided to eat their shit now vs. later (presumably with the idea that taking that hit now will help them next season when Allen's deal gets even bigger).

Buffalo's in a little trouble here, fellas.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 09:41 AM 04-03-2024
Originally Posted by Stryker:
Where is Mr. "The Bills take the AFC this seasom"? :-)
Choking on a big fat dildo
[Reply]
louie aguiar 09:42 AM 04-03-2024
Good deal for buffalo. This isn’t 26 year old Stefon Diggs. He looked washed late last year.
[Reply]
Dante84 09:43 AM 04-03-2024
Does this feel like a roster rebuild approach? Or a shipping off the malcontent despite it hurting us in the short term approach (ala Marcus Peters)?
[Reply]
Jerm 09:44 AM 04-03-2024
Originally Posted by louie aguiar:
Good deal for buffalo. This isn’t 26 year old Stefon Diggs. He looked washed late last year.
Eating a ton of dead cap, giving up two picks PLUS your best WR for a 2nd rounder next year...

Beane is a wizard indeed.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:45 AM 04-03-2024
I can't believe Buffalo traded him to a direct competitor in the AFC...hilarious lol.

BTW great offseason in Buffalo...gut your team, make some moves in FA, and then trade your best weapon. WTF. Can't even rebuild right.

The Texans overhype will be in the stratosphere now...let's see how they do with a 1st place schedule and a year of film on Stroud.
Says a lot about how much they expect to compete this year...
[Reply]
louie aguiar 09:46 AM 04-03-2024
Eating a ton of dead cap, giving up two picks PLUS your best WR for a 2nd rounder next year...

Beane is a wizard indeed.
They got value for a declining asset and got rid of a malcontent from the locker room.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:46 AM 04-03-2024
Really good move for Houston. With the rookie cap why not just go all in knowing you have the QB you want on a rookie contract? Spend it all and then worry about cap later when he's due for a long term deal
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:47 AM 04-03-2024
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Really good move for Houston. With the rookie cap why not just go all in knowing you have the QB you want on a rookie contract? Spend it all and then worry about cap later when he's due for a long term deal
Diggs isn’t getting another longterm deal.
[Reply]
PHOG 09:49 AM 04-03-2024
Well, I guess I didn't understand why Houston would do this, but they don't have a 1st rounder as of right now. They have the 42nd and the 59th picks. https://www.nfl.com/news/2024-nfl-dr...l-seven-rounds

But still a lot of moolah for Diggs. I don't think I would've taken on his contract.
[Reply]
tredadda 09:51 AM 04-03-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Bills fan on Reddit:

"Chiefs traded Tyreek Hill and won the SB so :-)"

:-)

Most delusional fanbase in sports.
If only they got a Tyreek level haul for him.......which they did not.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 20
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Up