ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 8
« First < 23456 78 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Should we be more worried about the Jets?
gordonelloyd 08:23 PM 07-09-2024
In an earlier thread, I asked who should we be most worried about and concluded that the Jets were number four behind Cincinnati Baltimore and Buffalo. I said that depended on if Rogers returns to his MVP form of 3 years ago.

In reading PFF assessment of strengths of each team I am rethinking the jets. Obviously it all depends on Rogers still. But it is noteworthy that PFF ranks the Jets defence top in the NFL in all three categories: DL, LB, and DB. And the assessment is hard to argue with. at most, they would probably drop a place or two. So very formidable.

On offense, I realized their line had improved, but was struck by PFF grading them at number five. And it was probably smart for them too add depth to their line with their first round draft pick instead of going for a receiver. PFF actually ranks there RB lower than I would. I think Hall is probably only behind McCaffrey. They also rank their receivers fairly low, although Wilson could be among the best and Williams if healthy will be a great addition. And Rogers can make everyone much better. I think they could’ve done a better job in the draft adding to their WR group. Not sure Corley was the best pic at number three. But we will see.

We know Mahomes can beat Allan and Jackson so I am not so worried about Buffalo and Baltimore. I’ve always been most worried about Cincinnati because we know Burroughs can beat us, but Rogers is an unknown quantity. And it looks like he has a better supporting cast than I had realized.
[Reply]
Brody Wa 03:47 PM 07-10-2024
I don’t see the Jets making the playoffs so…No
[Reply]
Bearcat 04:03 PM 07-10-2024
Originally Posted by Rausch:
You moonlighting for KCSN?

I keep hearing them mention a Bearcat and thought I'd ask.
Nope, not me.
[Reply]
Bump 04:10 PM 07-10-2024
The Jets have talent on their roster but their coach doesn't seem very good. So it all depends if Rodgers is comeback player of the year or not.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 04:33 PM 07-10-2024
Originally Posted by cmh6476:
Is mecole still with them?
:-)
[Reply]
gordonelloyd 05:14 PM 07-10-2024
It’s good to see my post has attracted some attention. We really need to start getting back into football talk.

I was somewhat disappointed in a lot of my fellow posters for the hate That was showing up in the first several pages of replies to my reasoning that the Jets are probably going to be better then many expect, depending of course on Rogers. But it was good to see the discussion eventually mostly moved beyond the hate and in most cases instead put forward some actual facts and argument and reasoning.

And don’t get me wrong. I am quite convinced the Chiefs, barring injury to Mahomes, will repeat. But I think that if this board is going to be worth reading, we need to have rational discussion about what teams we are more concerned about and less concerned about.
[Reply]
Dante84 05:17 PM 07-10-2024
Originally Posted by Dante84:
I think the Bills fall off a bit this year; the Ravens stay in it, the Bengals will go as Joe's wrist goes, Dolphins will win enough to be relevant, and the Texans will continue to ascend.

My pre-camp AFC playoff teams probably go as follows:

1. Chiefs
2. Ravens
3. Texans
4. Dolphins
5. Bengals
6. Jags
7. Bills or Jets
Originally Posted by Nickhead:
I'd go:
Chiefs
Bengals
Ravens
Bills
Dolphins
Texans
Jets

I could see the Texans missing the playoffs. The perfect trifecta of the "Sophmore slump"... Texans coaching staff and second year studs.

I guess the Jags could turn some heads, I just don't like that Lawrence looks like an Avatar character.

I hear ya; I was trying to get the seeding right, which would mean that the top 4 seeds would have to be the 4 division winners, and then 5-7 would be 3 of the 4 division second-place finishers.
[Reply]
gordonelloyd 05:22 PM 07-10-2024
Originally Posted by Dante84:
I think the Bills fall off a bit this year; the Ravens stay in it, the Bengals will go as Joe's wrist goes, Dolphins will win enough to be relevant, and the Texans will continue to ascend.

My pre-camp AFC playoff teams probably go as follows:

1. Chiefs
2. Ravens
3. Texans
4. Dolphins
5. Bengals
6. Jags
7. Bills or Jets
Right now in terms of who the Chiefs have to worry about, I would go:
1.Bengals
2.Texans
3.Jets
4. Ravens
5. Bills
6.Dolphins

I think we will come out on top of them all. But the first five I think are a real threat. I don’t think the dolphins are.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 05:23 PM 07-10-2024
Originally Posted by gordonelloyd:
It’s good to see my post has attracted some attention. We really need to start getting back into football talk.

I was somewhat disappointed in a lot of my fellow posters for the hate That was showing up in the first several pages of replies to my reasoning that the Jets are probably going to be better then many expect, depending of course on Rogers. But it was good to see the discussion eventually mostly moved beyond the hate and in most cases instead put forward some actual facts and argument and reasoning.

And don’t get me wrong. I am quite convinced the Chiefs, barring injury to Mahomes, will repeat. But I think that if this board is going to be worth reading, we need to have rational discussion about what teams we are more concerned about and less concerned about.
You know what else would draw attention? A golfer with an arm growing out of his ass.
[Reply]
Pablo 05:34 PM 07-10-2024
Every team that isn't the Chiefs is pretty much dogshit and not worth worrying about.

I'm more worried Butker gets the yips next post season than I am of the Jets doing anything. And my concern level on Buttkicker is at like 0.75/10
[Reply]
PHOG 06:08 PM 07-10-2024
I don't know about us being too worried or not about the Jets, but they damn well better be worried about the Chiefs!
[Reply]
Stryker 08:21 PM 07-10-2024
Should we be worried about the J-E-T-S?

FUCK NO! Rodgers is a washed up attitude driven loser!! Let me go into my bat cave and "meditate" on my decision. Our worries need to be 3 teams, Texans, Ravens, Bengals. Beat these teams and move forward!
[Reply]
007 08:35 PM 07-10-2024

[Reply]
Smed1065 08:39 PM 07-10-2024
Originally Posted by gordonelloyd:
In an earlier thread, I asked who should we be most worried about and concluded that the Jets were number four behind Cincinnati Baltimore and Buffalo. I said that depended on if Rogers returns to his MVP form of 3 years ago.

In reading PFF assessment of strengths of each team I am rethinking the jets. Obviously it all depends on Rogers still. But it is noteworthy that PFF ranks the Jets defence top in the NFL in all three categories: DL, LB, and DB. And the assessment is hard to argue with. at most, they would probably drop a place or two. So very formidable.

On offense, I realized their line had improved, but was struck by PFF grading them at number five. And it was probably smart for them too add depth to their line with their first round draft pick instead of going for a receiver. PFF actually ranks there RB lower than I would. I think Hall is probably only behind McCaffrey. They also rank their receivers fairly low, although Wilson could be among the best and Williams if healthy will be a great addition. And Rogers can make everyone much better. I think they could’ve done a better job in the draft adding to their WR group. Not sure Corley was the best pic at number three. But we will see.

We know Mahomes can beat Allan and Jackson so I am not so worried about Buffalo and Baltimore. I’ve always been most worried about Cincinnati because we know Burroughs can beat us, but Rogers is an unknown quantity. And it looks like he has a better supporting cast than I had realized.
Kinda like the Chargers to me....Pre-season winners.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 08:39 PM 07-10-2024
Rogers is probably one of the weaker links on that team.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:47 PM 07-10-2024
Worried about them?

No, I’m not.

The defensive set they run is one Reid and co. have excellent answers for, and the upgrade in WR personnel only helps with that. The Chiefs OL strengths match up well with the Jets interior DL, too.

I think Saleh is a rock head/bad head coach. Nathaniel Hackett is still their offensive coordinator. Rodgers has free rein to do whatever he wants and that is not a positive, even if he is healthy.

Their big offseason acquisitions are guys who won’t be healthy come playoff time (Mike Williams and Tyron Smith).

I just don’t see them as a legit threat come playoff time.

I see them finishing 10-7, with a late 4-game losing streak that drops them to 9-7 before a last week “rally” vs the Dolphins … before a wild card round playoff loss.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 8
« First < 23456 78 >
Up