ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Nzoner's Game Room>This seems to explain Mahomes happy feet
RunKC 12:59 PM Yesterday
OL got absolutely wrecked the first 3 drives. Patrick probably felt like he had to get rid for he ball quickly or scramble the rest of the game bc of the early OL play.

1st play: Wants to take a deep shot to start the game, gears up, about to unleash, and has an OL in his lap and can't follow through. Has to pull the ball down and dump it off. pic.twitter.com/DwqvMh4h3Q

— Mitchell Schwartz (@MitchSchwartz71) October 1, 2024

3rd play: Can't step into the throw because and OL is being pushed into his follow through area and has to throw it flat footed to Kelce. Incredible throw. Catching a theme here yet? pic.twitter.com/QWTmg46LKD

5th play: Immediate read not open, left side of the OL starts getting collapsed into him, finds his RB on the check down but the ball gets tipped by a DL. pic.twitter.com/fg66gFFFnk

7th play: Nice pocket, ball out on time, hits the WR in the hands on 3rd down for a dropped pass. pic.twitter.com/9vUVTY8zbV

9th play: Stunts going on but a cleaner pocket than it seems from the back view. Doesn't matter, ball out and ripped to the WR for a completion. pic.twitter.com/nNZFaP4YB5

11th play: Defense wins the rep, gets a free rusher for a quick sack. pic.twitter.com/3pwQeLXykT

13th play: Hits the top of his drop, already has to slide left, hits the TE down the middle while another DL gets hands on him after the throw. pic.twitter.com/IHsNKMZRCP

15th play: Clean pocket, drifts slightly left towards his throw and completes the pass. pic.twitter.com/8UodoeN8k4

17th play: FIRST time all game he's gotten "happy feet" or bailed from a clean pocket. Feels the stunts and games and makes a run for it. Should've stayed in the pocket. pic.twitter.com/mGinhozWgH

Ok, so do we understand now? Every clean pocket except for the INT was a nice play and completed pass. He had people in his face from the get go, and the pocket was continually getting collapsed into him. Despite that he still completed a lot of those passes early on.

By my eye the OL has not allowed Pat to feel clean pockets with regularity most of the year. It started late in the 2nd quarter of the Baltimore game and has mostly continued through this game. For whatever reason the protection hasn't been quite as good.

That will need to change, and quick, because of the injuries to the WR position and changes there. But I wanted to do this to show that what we do up front is usually the biggest difference in every game, regardless of who's throwing and who's catching. It's still an OL league.

[Reply]
RunKC 10:05 AM Today
Originally Posted by TEX:
Dont be. Nagy sucks regardless.
It’s wild to me that folks are blaming Nagy since he’s in lock-step with Andy. And if you are a Chiefs fan before the Mahomes era, you’d see that the horizontal passing was a major part of the offense with Alex Smith when Doug Pederson was the OC and Nagy was the QB coach who was not call off plays. In fact Nagy was the playcaller with Andy telling Alex to push the ball downfield in Alex’s last year here.

The problem is talent. Their hands are tied.

Last season Kelce started declining and wasn’t the consistent player he was for years. Kadarius ****ing Toney and Skyy Moore were WR1 and WR2, MVS was god awful and Rashee was a rookie still learning most of the season. They didn’t have any talent at WR last year none. And McKinnon was their best receiving back and he got hurt.

Now they have Carson ****ing Steele, the worst starting RB in the league, starting games, their LT gets beat so badly he gets benched and now Rice, Pacheco and Hollywood are all hurt. And they still have Skyy Moore out there!

This isn’t 2018 where we had amazing talent everywhere. It’s an adjustment. It really sucks that Rice, Hollywood and Pacheco got hurt bc I really do think the offense would like miles better with those guys, but this is the reality.

The talent on offense has regressed the last 2 years.
[Reply]
SurroundedByMorons 10:29 AM Today
The left side clearly got their shit pushed in. Thuney wasn't albe to anchor at all, from what I just saw, on many of those plays. Stunts make some of that difficult as it is just a guessing game on which guy is coming at you on pass pro. It does, though, make running the ball easier which we have seen this year. I think teams are just daring the Chiefs to be patient, run, dink and dunk.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 10:37 AM Today
Man, i really think we need to keep Smith over Thuney. Smith is a damned Iron wall and doesn't get pushed backwards so much. Thuney was getting pushed into Mahomes just about anytime a 1 on 1 bull rush happened. He's still a great left guard, but Smith is just wow.
[Reply]
O.city 10:41 AM Today
Thuney is showing some age for sure.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Up