ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 59 of 173
« First < 9495556575859 6061626369109159 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Rashee Rice Thread*****
Dante84 06:41 PM 04-28-2023
More to come!

Mahomes knew Rashee Rice was his guy after throwing with him in Dallas.@AdamLefkoe with the scoop �� pic.twitter.com/X8ZAab22kM

— B/R Gridiron (@brgridiron) April 29, 2023

Rashee Rice | WR | SMU

One of the best WR prospects at the catch point and winning leverage mid-route. He consistently sets up defenders to put them on his back, locates the ball, and attacks it at the highest point.

Skill set is wild for a 6' 200lb WR. pic.twitter.com/ClxW4SJvi5

— Matt Lane (@Matty_KCSN) February 16, 2023

Rashee Rice was drafted with pick 55 of round 2 in the 2023 draft class. He scored a 9.53 #RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 145 out of 3062 WR from 1987 to 2023. https://t.co/lwD9tvVPvv pic.twitter.com/YjucxErSE1

— Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) April 29, 2023

[Reply]
staylor26 08:57 AM 05-08-2023
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
The point with the 10 and 20 times not lining up with the 40 time is that the 40 time is fiction.

If it's true he ran a 4.4 for coaches I will never complain about his speed again, he's plenty fast.

Also his 10 time is faster than Toney so he will be juuuuust fine getting open off the line.

Word that he was practicing double moves at the request of the Chiefs since he wasn't asked to do it in college and he must have shown promise in that as well.

I apologize to everyone for ever doubting this pick. It's like Pickens without the drama and he could have been a first rounder. No wonder Veach traded up to make sure he got his guy.
Where'd you hear this?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:31 AM 05-08-2023
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Look at this.

Tell me that 40 score doesn't just stick out like a sore thumb

What stands out is that this 'athletic score' says Rice is a more athletic player because he's taller and heavier.

RAS is reeruned.
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:38 AM 05-08-2023
The only thing I like about RAS is that it puts a lot of statistical information in front of you in one box.

But the score itself doesn't seem to tell us anything useful.

For example, if we take two players, X and Y, and player X has a score of 9.0 and player Y has a score of 9.5, what exactly does that tell me about either player or why player Y is 0.5 points better?

It is convenient though just in terms of putting all those stats on one page. And of course, all the pretty colors.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:11 PM 05-08-2023

Built 4️⃣ this. pic.twitter.com/6Tn4RPiYhS

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) May 8, 2023

[Reply]
htismaqe 01:43 PM 05-08-2023
That video shows the thing that's just great for him - his body control.

Notice how he turns completely around and heads to the outside, all without really slowing down at all. The end result is beating his man to the corner and a bunch of extra YAC.

He's going to be a lot like Juju only younger and faster.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:04 PM 05-08-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
That video shows the thing that's just great for him - his body control.

Notice how he turns completely around and heads to the outside, all without really slowing down at all. The end result is beating his man to the corner and a bunch of extra YAC.

He's going to be a lot like Juju only younger and faster.
Considering we traded up to get him, he better be quite a bit better than JuJu ever was. And I believe he can do so. But he's not yet a complete WR, so we'll see how long it takes to get there.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:08 PM 05-08-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Kelce shit....

Planting that left foot to start his cut and YAC as he's catching the football.

The guys that are great YAC getters don't do it by accident - they do little stuff like that. They do those things you only notice when you get beat over the head with it (see: Years of wondering how guy like Kelce is constantly finding yardage after the catch) or specifically look for it.

Rice's YAC totals aren't an accident. He's just good at that sort of thing.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:10 PM 05-08-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Considering we traded up to get him, he better be quite a bit better than JuJu ever was. And I believe he can do so. But he's not yet a complete WR, so we'll see how long it takes to get there.
We gave up a 4th and a mid-2nd.

I think he'll outperform JJSS, yes. But you're essentially saying that he'd better be a 1,200 yard receiver because we traded a pick outside of the top 100 to take him.

Huh?
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:12 PM 05-08-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
How bout my boy Oladokun getting that ball out.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:14 PM 05-08-2023
I think Rice ends up as a good number 2 WR, he reminds me quite a bit of Michael Gallup.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:15 PM 05-08-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

I think he'll outperform JJSS, yes. But you're essentially saying that he'd better be a 1,200 yard receiver because we traded a pick outside of the top 100 to take him.

Huh?
Yeah, that trade was nothing if Beach got the guy he liked. It should also be noted that we have more players than spots at this point and Bert continues to add nice looking guys as USFAs. We're sitting in a pretty good spot currently.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:17 PM 05-08-2023
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Yeah, that trade was nothing if Beach got the guy he liked. It should also be noted that we have more players than spots at this point and Bert continues to add nice looking guys as USFAs. We're sitting in a pretty good spot currently.
True but at WR we're going to cross our fingers a couple of these guys workout because it's a position of unknowns.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:18 PM 05-08-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

Huh?
Actually, why not? I mean, we're all pretty excited about the potential of Rice, are we not? He has the physical attributes and abilities/talent that make us think he could be a legit WR2 at the least, right?

Then why can't I believe he should perform at that level and be a 1,200 yard WR? I don't think he will this season, and it might take a couple seasons before he's all the way there, but why shouldn't I expect at least that much, unless he's really just another middling player we probably shouldn't have drafted with that pick?

Again, i don't have that expectation in 2023, but I do by 2025. Is that not realistic?
[Reply]
Mecca 02:20 PM 05-08-2023
Actually, why not? I mean, we're all pretty excited about the potential of Rice, are we not? He has the physical attributes and abilities/talent that make us think he could be a legit WR2 at the least, right?

Then why can't I believe he should perform at that level and be a 1,200 yard WR? I don't think he will this season, and it might take a couple seasons before he's all the way there, but why shouldn't I expect at least that much, unless he's really just another middling player we probably shouldn't have drafted with that pick?

Again, i don't have that expectation in 2023, but I do by 2025. Is that not realistic?
That's fine...this year is time for Skyy Moore to do something...
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:22 PM 05-08-2023

8 WRs went over 1,200 yards receiving last season.

Yeah - 'expecting' top 10 WR production from a 2nd rounder at any point in his contract is too much.

Again - about half of all 2nd round picks become starters by the 3rd year of their deal. Do I think that's a reasonable expectation? It's a reasonable goal, for sure. Expectation? Well again, as many as not fail.

Same problem that always surfaces with Hardman. Hardman was fine for where he was drafted but the 'expectation' was a superstar. That's not who you get outside of the top 50, fellas.
[Reply]
Page 59 of 173
« First < 9495556575859 6061626369109159 > Last »
Up