ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 59 of 60
« First < 9495556575859 60 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Kareem Hunt signs with the Chiefs [2024 edition]
wazu 01:43 PM 09-16-2024

With RB Isiah Pacheco expected to be sideliend 6-8 weeks, the Chiefs are bringing their former RB Kareem Hunt back to Kansas City for a Tuesday visit, per league sources. Hunt could help fill the Chiefs’ running back void. pic.twitter.com/nDzNGlrcuH

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) September 16, 2024

[Reply]
FloridaMan88 07:32 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by dannybcaitlyn:
Just keep CEH on IR
Not with Steele becoming a fumbling machine.
[Reply]
TheGuardian 07:34 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
That was the highlight of the day.

Hunt is MAYBE a step or step and a half slower in terms of deep speed, but he still has good vision, balance, and burst - and those were the things that made him awesome to begin with.

He looked good today and had more than enough burst to run outside zone. And he’s still a mother****er to tackle.

I think he can still be really productive for KC and gives them a lot more as a complement to Pacheco than anyone else on the roster.
I don't think he is at all. I think it's just his first game and timing with the line and blocking. As he gets tempo with the blocks he'll look "faster" because he can play faster. But his actual burst is still the same.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 07:36 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by FloridaMan88:
Kinda wish we still had Eric to work with Steele
[Reply]
TEX 07:36 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by FloridaMan88:
Yep. He was a good preseason story, and has cool hair and all, but cant have him coughing up the football. Im over the guy.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 07:37 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
That was the highlight of the day.

Hunt is MAYBE a step or step and a half slower in terms of deep speed, but he still has good vision, balance, and burst - and those were the things that made him awesome to begin with.

He looked good today and had more than enough burst to run outside zone. And he’s still a motherfucker to tackle.

I think he can still be really productive for KC and gives them a lot more as a complement to Pacheco than anyone else on the roster.
He honestly looked as good as Pacheco ever has.

May not have pops long speed but man he saw the hole well and hit it hard. Pop doesn't always see the hole but Hunt was doing a great job feeling the blocks and maximizing them.

We may just have to hope we can keep winning ugly. It's the right year for it - lots of offenses are struggling.
[Reply]
TEX 08:03 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

May not have pops long speed but man he saw the hole well and hit it hard. Pop doesn't always see the hole but Hunt was doing a great job feeling the blocks and maximizing them.

We may just have to hope we can keep winning ugly. It's the right year for it - lots of offenses are struggling.
Yrp. Pop has more straight line speed, but Hunt has much better vision.
[Reply]
Rasputin 08:11 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
It's not miserable.

I'm simply saying I'm not going to be watching the game with any high expectations for Kareem Hunt, even despite the Travis Kelce hype.

When 2017-2018 Hunt doesn't show up.and bust 50 yard runs, run over people, jump over people, and he puts up 3 yards and a wet fart, you got some folks here that have wanted this so badly for so long, they'll be on suicide watch.

Rasputin believes the entire league is completely reeruned, how could they let us get Hunt back. Lmao.

I'll settle for converting the dreaded 3rd and 1, and him not assaulting anyone before or after the games this season. That's a win.

If all he does is reliably move the chains on 3rd and 1 the rest of the season, he'll have improved the offense immensely.
I still believe the entire league is completely reeruned letting us have Hunt back.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:17 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by kysirsoze:
Hunt just jumped to the the top of the depth chart. When Pacheco comes back they can be an outstanding 1-2 punch. I still hope Steele can be a valuable piece, but Hunt is on another level. And he's likely to get better.
This is the way.

This team is going to have to lean into Martyball.

Enjoy it.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 08:35 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
This is the way.

Enjoy it.
This team ain't abandoning the pass while Andy has 15, 87, and 1.

Are you fucking deluded?

He wouldn't even run the football with Jamaal Charles when we had Alex Smith throwing to Junior Hemingway and Anthony Fasano ffs.

Ain't no God damn way in HELL Andy Reid goes predominantly ground game with these players.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 08:39 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
This is the way.

Enjoy it.
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
This team ain't abandoning the pass while Andy has 15, 87, and 1.

Are you ****ing deluded?

He wouldn't even run the football with Jamaal Charles when we had Alex Smith throwing to Junior Hemingway and Anthony Fasano ffs.

Ain't no God damn way in HELL Andy Reid goes predominantly ground game with these players.
Ehh, I don’t think Clay is totally off base at all there.

At least relative to the other Chiefs teams of the Mahomes era, it appears very possible if not likely they’re going to need to be more committed and reliant on running the football this year. It may be a better path toward a winning formula with what appears another top five defense.

I think the offensive line has done a better job run blocking so far this year. They seem more aggressive. Probably because it seems the RPOs have dialed back, allowing them to really get after defenders more downfield.

You mix and match Kareem, Pacheco, and a very small bit of Perine behind that when it’s cold AF in Kansas City this January? We can play ball. Whether we add another WR or not.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:41 PM Yesterday
More screens please
[Reply]
DenverChief 08:45 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Ehh, I don’t think Clay is totally off base at all there.

At least relative to the other Chiefs teams of the Mahomes era, it appears very possible if not likely they’re going to need to be more committed and reliant on running the football this year. It may be a better path toward a winning formula with what appears another top five defense.

I think the offensive line has done a better job run blocking so far this year. They seem more aggressive. Probably because it seems the RPOs have dialed back, allowing them to really get after defenders more downfield.

You mix and match Kareem, Pacheco, and a very small bit of Perine behind that when it’s cold AF in Kansas City this January? We can play ball. Whether we add another WR or not.
and having a really strong running game is going to open up the passing game.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:56 PM Yesterday
It's called complimentary football, boys. Embrace it. It all works together.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 09:05 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

Seeing hunt today really emphasizes how meh CEH and Pops vision is. Hunt sets up his blocks really well too.
[Reply]
In58men 09:12 PM Yesterday
Told ya, he looked sharp in warmups. Was running hard and making all the catches. I could tell he was motivated.
[Reply]
Page 59 of 60
« First < 9495556575859 60 >
Up