ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 59 of 72
« First < 9495556575859 6061626369 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Trent McDuffie Thread*****
Dante84 08:24 PM 04-28-2022
More to come!

.@trent_mcduffie has a message for #ChiefsKingdom pic.twitter.com/FdxstFDWLA

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 29, 2022

This is a massive hole that is filled for the #chiefs. Trent McDuffie is considered by almost everyone as the 3rd best CB in this draft. The first two went off the board at 3 and 4.

— James Palmer (@JamesPalmerTV) April 29, 2022

The newest member of #ChiefsKingdom!

��: #NFLDraft on @nflnetwork pic.twitter.com/d2F9Ye3Zsq

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 29, 2022

Here’s what @dpbrugler had to say about Trent McDuffie. pic.twitter.com/kL3dDnqFr2

— Brandon Kiley (@BKSportsTalk) April 29, 2022

The @Chiefs make a big move for a top CB (and my model's #8 overall prospect) in Trent McDuffie, who allowed 3.1 yards/target in 2021 at Washington (best in FBS, min. 30 targets).

Could be a key piece to counter the wealth of receiving talent in the AFC come playoff time!

— cynthia frelund (@cfrelund) April 29, 2022

[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:07 PM 09-27-2023
Originally Posted by JPH83:
Best thing about the pick is it swam against all the supposed Spags and Veach priorities on physical characteristics. Do they like tall and rangey CBs? Sure. Does it overrule picking a great player who's a little undersized? Nope.
Even more, the team had previously devalued corner in general, only using day three picks and UDFA'S.

For what it's worth, I agreed in general, because the current rules emphasis really neuter corner play. Churn and burn, in general, I say.

Clearly, I was incorrect. I wasn't against the pick, just surprised.
[Reply]
crispystl 01:20 PM 09-27-2023
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
Rice looks really good in my opinion. Dude has some serious potential.
I think he's going to be our Anquan Boldin once he gets another year in the NFL weight and strength program.
[Reply]
JPH83 01:24 PM 09-27-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Even more, the team had previously devalued corner in general, only using day three picks and UDFA'S.

For what it's worth, I agreed in general, because the current rules emphasis really neuter corner play. Churn and burn, in general, I say.

Clearly, I was incorrect. I wasn't against the pick, just surprised.
I think most.people here felt like you and, to be honest, it was a reasonable take given the results. I was probably a little more keen on investing a little more there, but people wanting us to focus on the DL first...totally fair imo.
[Reply]
raybec 4 01:26 PM 09-27-2023
Originally Posted by crispystl:
I think he's going to be our Anquan Boldin once he gets another year in the NFL weight and strength program.
I don't think strength is even a concern for Rice. He just has to clean up the drops.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:27 PM 09-27-2023
Originally Posted by crispystl:
That’s a strange comp, IMO.

Anquan Boldin was more of a possession receiver. He was huge, slow as shit, and always had reliable hands.

Rice looks relatively light on his feet and doesn’t have reliable hands.
[Reply]
rico 02:29 PM 09-27-2023
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
That’s a strange comp, IMO.

Anquan Boldin was more of a possession receiver. He was huge, slow as shit, and always had reliable hands.

Rice looks relatively light on his feet and doesn’t have reliable hands.
Hit the nail on the head.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 03:04 PM 09-27-2023
Originally Posted by JPH83:
I think most.people here felt like you and, to be honest, it was a reasonable take given the results. I was probably a little more keen on investing a little more there, but people wanting us to focus on the DL first...totally fair imo.
Yeah. But if I'm going to gloat when I'm right ( and let's be honest, I'ma gloat like a mufucka) I'll also admit when I was wrong. Lol
[Reply]
Toad 07:08 AM 11-06-2023
Trent is quietly (or maybe not so quietly after yesterday) becoming a DPOY candidate.
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 07:44 AM 11-06-2023
most underrated player in the league possibly. he’s as good as sauce or surtain but doesn’t get the credit bc he was a later pick
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:45 AM 11-06-2023
Originally Posted by Toad:
Trent is quietly (or maybe not so quietly after yesterday) becoming a DPOY candidate.
They'll want to see stats for DPOY. For CBs, that means INTs.

I could see him making an All Pro team, which in the long run I find to be a more true indicator of how elite a player is.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 08:55 AM 11-06-2023
Absolute soul stealing, game changing, heart crushing stud. Never imagined he would be this good, and especially this fast. It's absurd he lasted into the 20s, NFL GMs are so stupid sometimes.
[Reply]
raybec 4 09:21 AM 11-06-2023
Originally Posted by St. Patty's Fire:
most underrated player in the league possibly. he’s as good as sauce or surtain but doesn’t get the credit bc he was a later pick
He's going to need to pile up some interceptions to be considered with those guys as the best. That presents a problem because they don't throw his way very often because he is so good.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 10:53 AM 11-06-2023

Cam Taylor-Britt and Trent McDuffie — two second year players — may end up being my First Team All-Pro CB’s this year. Who am I snubbing ?

— Peter Schrager (@PSchrags) November 6, 2023

[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 05:05 PM 11-14-2023

Heading into Monday night’s rematch vs. Philadelphia, Chiefs’ CB @trent_mcduffie still remembers the feeling of beating the Eagles in Super Bowl LVII. But he and the Chiefs’ defense also remember giving up 35 points.

🎧 https://t.co/EcEszJLnpj pic.twitter.com/CWZUMgiJmi

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) November 14, 2023

[Reply]
Bowser 09:18 PM 11-14-2023
He still doesn't have a pick, does he?
[Reply]
Page 59 of 72
« First < 9495556575859 6061626369 > Last »
Up