ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 58 of 72
« First < 8485455565758 5960616268 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Trent McDuffie Thread*****
Dante84 08:24 PM 04-28-2022
More to come!

.@trent_mcduffie has a message for #ChiefsKingdom pic.twitter.com/FdxstFDWLA

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 29, 2022

This is a massive hole that is filled for the #chiefs. Trent McDuffie is considered by almost everyone as the 3rd best CB in this draft. The first two went off the board at 3 and 4.

— James Palmer (@JamesPalmerTV) April 29, 2022

The newest member of #ChiefsKingdom!

��: #NFLDraft on @nflnetwork pic.twitter.com/d2F9Ye3Zsq

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 29, 2022

Here’s what @dpbrugler had to say about Trent McDuffie. pic.twitter.com/kL3dDnqFr2

— Brandon Kiley (@BKSportsTalk) April 29, 2022

The @Chiefs make a big move for a top CB (and my model's #8 overall prospect) in Trent McDuffie, who allowed 3.1 yards/target in 2021 at Washington (best in FBS, min. 30 targets).

Could be a key piece to counter the wealth of receiving talent in the AFC come playoff time!

— cynthia frelund (@cfrelund) April 29, 2022

[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 04:23 AM 09-26-2023
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
A **** hair away from having 3 TDs in 3 games in limited playing time. 2 times down at the inch marker Sunday.
You are a **** hair.
[Reply]
JPH83 07:07 AM 09-26-2023
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
I'm impressed with McDuffie's coverage skills but he's an absolute menace in the run game and short passes behind the LOS. He's a complete player.

With that said how is Sneed and Watson in the 50's? Makes no sense. PFF is so hit and miss but I like them.

George is more than a 65 as well. He's at least a 75.

How is Gay in the 50's? Our D is playing better than anybody's and PFF says there's JAG's all over it.

How is Rice an 81 with all the drops?

It's early, PFF will get their **** together when we smoke the Jets.
I actually thought Sneed did look a little rusty the first 2 games. Watson got beaten on 2 long-ish throws late, I believe, the last game. But I totally agree. There are some scores where every individual score could be 70+ for a DL guy - like coverage, run D, pass-rush, tackling, all above 70 and then the overall score is 55 or something. Sometimes it's probably a result of fumbles and things you need to look into more, but frequently I'm scratching my head.

Also some guys they just reeaaally seem to dislike. Gay is one, which I sort of get, he's inconsistent. But if I remember they always gave McKinnon crappy blocking grades - I have no idea what they are seeing.

Re Karlaftis they always mark down his run D, which again I think is sometimes actually pretty fair. I think he could improve there. But this last game they marked him down and he looked solid to me. They DID give him a 75-ish for pass-rush which looked fair, he was great. But man, i dunno, just all over the shop.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:05 AM 09-26-2023
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
I'm impressed with McDuffie's coverage skills but he's an absolute menace in the run game and short passes behind the LOS. He's a complete player.

With that said how is Sneed and Watson in the 50's? Makes no sense. PFF is so hit and miss but I like them.

George is more than a 65 as well. He's at least a 75.

How is Gay in the 50's? Our D is playing better than anybody's and PFF says there's JAG's all over it.

How is Rice an 81 with all the drops?

It's early, PFF will get their **** together when we smoke the Jets.
The same way Trevor Lawrence, who couldn't hit a receiver in the end zone if his life depended on it, is presently their 2nd best passer.

PFF makes shit up as they go. It's not even moderately useful for those 'fine motor' grading efforts. It can grade guys into tiers well enough. And it has stats that are interesting.

But those efforts at grading are so clearly impacted by early biases that it's not worth using at all for that purpose.
[Reply]
Urc Burry 09:03 AM 09-26-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
The same way Trevor Lawrence, who couldn't hit a receiver in the end zone if his life depended on it, is presently their 2nd best passer.

PFF makes shit up as they go. It's not even moderately useful for those 'fine motor' grading efforts. It can grade guys into tiers well enough. And it has stats that are interesting.

But those efforts at grading are so clearly impacted by early biases that it's not worth using at all for that purpose.
By Pat’s standards he’s been average-ish through 3 games. And he’s at a 90.0 through 3 games.

It was 2 or 3 years ago when he was playing at his absolute best through the first month and he was like a 70.

PFF can still be useful, but they still don’t know what the hell they’re doing. I trust Seth Keysor’s breakdowns a lot more than them
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:19 AM 09-26-2023
Originally Posted by Urc Burry:
By Pat’s standards he’s been average-ish through 3 games. And he’s at a 90.0 through 3 games.

It was 2 or 3 years ago when he was playing at his absolute best through the first month and he was like a 70.

PFF can still be useful, but they still don’t know what the hell they’re doing. I trust Seth Keysor’s breakdowns a lot more than them
He's at a 90 because he's evidently Lamar Jackson in their world. As a pure passer they have him level with Goff.

But what I don't get is Lawrence - they believe he played an outstanding game last week. Huh?

And here's what REALLY doesn't make sense -- his 3 scores for the season have been 84.4, 71.4 and 83.1; his score for the season is 85.9.

So according to PFF his average grade is HIGHER than any single week he's had all year.

And I guess the argument would be that it speaks to relative consistenty in relation to his peers, but I'm sorry, that doesn't check out when I watched that guy take points off the board against KC.
[Reply]
Balto 10:00 AM 09-26-2023
Originally Posted by BossChief:
McDuffie Island
McDuffie District
[Reply]
JPH83 10:07 AM 09-26-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
He's at a 90 because he's evidently Lamar Jackson in their world. As a pure passer they have him level with Goff.

But what I don't get is Lawrence - they believe he played an outstanding game last week. Huh?

And here's what REALLY doesn't make sense -- his 3 scores for the season have been 84.4, 71.4 and 83.1; his score for the season is 85.9.

So according to PFF his average grade is HIGHER than any single week he's had all year.

And I guess the argument would be that it speaks to relative consistenty in relation to his peers, but I'm sorry, that doesn't check out when I watched that guy take points off the board against KC.
I also was wondering on this, and does it follow for the opposite i.e. 3 below average performances can mean an even worse aggregate score? Sometimes if feels like a couple of bad early performances and PFF won't let you off the rest of the season.
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 11:53 AM 09-27-2023
Originally Posted by Skyy God:
Whatever.
Originally Posted by wazu:
Yuck.
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
There were some damn good pass rushers on the board and we go CB?
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Don't like this at all
Originally Posted by BuckeyeTheDog:
Don’t like this at all.

I can’t believe this guy- or someone like him- wouldn’t be available at 29 or 30.
Originally Posted by Beethoven:
Undersized corner. Bleh.
Originally Posted by In58men:
Fucking awful!

We gave up our 3rd round pick?

Hahahahaha
Quality entertainment.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:56 AM 09-27-2023
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz:
Quality entertainment.
I'm sorry, but anybody who had takes like this about this pick should probably just stay out of draft discussion forever.

McDuffie was about as clean of a prospect as you could possibly get. If he were an inch taller and him arms were longer, he would've been a top 5 pick.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:57 AM 09-27-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
He’s a fucking stud.

I know we all wanted Jermaine Johnson, but don’t let that make you upset about this pick.

This guy is a legit top 15 player.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 12:11 PM 09-27-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I'm sorry, but anybody who had takes like this about this pick should probably just stay out of draft discussion forever.

McDuffie was about as clean of a prospect as you could possibly get. If he were an inch taller and him arms were longer, he would've been a top 5 pick.
Which just goes to show how stupid NFL front offices are, he should have clearly been a top 10 pick anyway.

Whatever, thanks idiots!
[Reply]
raybec 4 12:21 PM 09-27-2023
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz:
Quality entertainment.
In all fairness, has anyone ever seen a quality take come from any of those goofs you quoted?
[Reply]
Womble 12:40 PM 09-27-2023
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
In all fairness, has anyone ever seen a quality take come from any of those goofs you quoted?
Taking your quality girlfriend to Belize for a dirty weekend is a quality take in my book.
[Reply]
JPH83 12:56 PM 09-27-2023
I liked the pick. We needed a replacement for Ward and I like the "build from the back" approach as much as anything
[Reply]
JPH83 12:59 PM 09-27-2023
Best thing about the pick is it swam against all the supposed Spags and Veach priorities on physical characteristics. Do they like tall and rangey CBs? Sure. Does it overrule picking a great player who's a little undersized? Nope.
[Reply]
Page 58 of 72
« First < 8485455565758 5960616268 > Last »
Up