Page 58 of 60
« First < 8485455565758 5960 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Rashee Rice Injury Watch [placed on IR 10-3-24]
SHOWTIME 02:49 PM 09-29-2024
Did not look good
[Reply]
penguinz 01:53 PM Today
Originally Posted by TheGuardian:
MRI's ARE 100% accurate it's the READING of the person looking at the MRI, you f'n dope.

Also for the people saying or even quoting a doctor saying the swelling interferes with the MRI that is BULLSHIT.

It actually gives contrast to the ligaments, swelling doesn't do shit to interfere with it.

It is WILD to me as a dude that has to look at this shit that there's supposed doctors on Twitter talking about it as clueless as they are.

Swelling and edema and non-contractile elements are seen on the MRI as such. They do not interfere with looking at the muscle, the architecture of it or the tendons and ligaments.

**** I can't read that dumb shit one more time.
Your and idiot.

Originally Posted by :
Results
For detecting the specific injured structures in MLKIs, MRI had high sensitivity (90.7% for ACL, 90.4% for PCL, and moderate specificity (63.6% for ACL, 50% for PCL) in detecting cruciate ligament injuries, moderate sensitivity (79.1% for MCL, 55.6% for LCL) and specificity (46.7% for MCL, 68.4% for LCL) in detecting collateral ligament injuries, fair sensitivity (61.5%) and low specificity (39.4%) in the diagnosis of injuries to the meniscus. For classifying the MIKIs, MRI had a moderate agreement with intraoperative findings in classifying KD-V (kappa value = 0.57), poor agreement in the KD-I (kappa value = 0.39) and KD-IIIM (kappa value = 0.31), meaningless in the KD-II and KD-IIIL (kappa value < 0). The overall agreement between MRI and intraoperative findings in classifying MLKIs was poor (kappa value = 0.23).

Conclusions
MRI is valuable in early detection and diagnosis of acute MLKIs, however, the accuracy of MRI in classifying MLKIs is limited. The management of MLKIs should be based on intraoperative findings, physical examinations, and comprehensive imaging results.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8756613/
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:00 PM Today

With all of the info we have, my best guess on Rashee Rice is:

-Partial ACL that may/may not need surgery
-Posterolateral Corner sprain/tear that may/may not need surgery

I still lean towards a significant amount of time missed vs a 2-4 week window, but we’ll see. https://t.co/hpJujs38Qm

— Jeff Mueller, PT, DPT (@jmthrivept) October 3, 2024

[Reply]
KCwolf 02:03 PM Today
https://x.com/AdamSchefter/status/1841928606777221129
[Reply]
LagunaSWana 02:10 PM Today
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
BLT sounds good but all I have is bacon and mayo
On what planet would that not be enough?
[Reply]
In58men 02:12 PM Today
Is it out 4 games or 4 weeks because we have a bye next week?
[Reply]
wazu 02:13 PM Today
Originally Posted by KCwolf:
https://x.com/AdamSchefter/status/1841928606777221129
Lemme help you with that.

Chiefs now have placed wide receiver Rashee Rice on injured reserve, meaning he’s out a minimum of four games.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) October 3, 2024

[Reply]
Third Eye 02:14 PM Today
Originally Posted by In58men:
Is it out 4 games or 4 weeks because we have a bye next week?
Pretty sure it is 4 games.

From 2022:

"Players designated for return from the reserve/injured or reserve/non-football injury/illness list are eligible to come back after "four games have elapsed since the date he was placed on the applicable reserve list," per the memo obtained by Garafolo."

https://www.nfl.com/news/players-now...ter-four-games
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 02:15 PM Today
yip it's games

But hell, this team loves to slow play their injuries during the RS and even IF he could come back in 4 weeks, they will probably take 6-8 to throw him back out there.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 02:15 PM Today
Originally Posted by Third Eye:
Pretty sure it is 4 games.
It is. The player must miss 4 games minimum.
[Reply]
In58men 02:16 PM Today
Thanks fellas
[Reply]
smithandrew051 02:16 PM Today
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
yip it's games

But hell, this team loves to slow play their injuries during the RS and even IF he could come back in 4 weeks, they will probably take 6-8 to throw him back out there.
If he comes back at all this year and plays well, then it’s a huge win
[Reply]
KC Shox 02:19 PM Today
Video of his momma being a porch pirate. lol. This family.
[Reply]
In58men 02:21 PM Today
I’m thinking just a very bad knee hyperextension.
[Reply]
wazu 02:26 PM Today
Just looking at the IR rules for the NFL and learned that apparently starting in 2024, even if you are on the "season ending" IR list, you are eligible to come back for the playoffs.

Should we read it as significant good news that the Chiefs are putting him on the 4 week IR list? Isn't there a limited number of spots they can use for that? Thought it was a kind of low number, but not finding anything about it online. Might be a rule that changed.
[Reply]
tyecopeland 02:27 PM Today
Originally Posted by wazu:
Just looking at the IR rules for the NFL and learned that apparently starting in 2024, even if you are on the "season ending" IR list, you are eligible to come back for the playoffs.

Should we read it as significant good news that the Chiefs are putting him on the 4 week IR list? Isn't there a limited number of spots they can use for that? Thought it was a kind of low number, but not finding anything about it online. Might be a rule that changed.
I believe it is 8 this year.
[Reply]
Page 58 of 60
« First < 8485455565758 5960 >
Up