ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 57 of 58
« First < 7475354555657 58 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Schefter: Hopkins to Chiefs
Pooch 04:50 AM 10-23-2024
Let’s go

It’s happening: Titans and Chiefs are working to finalize a trade that would send WR DeAndre Hopkins to Kansas City, league sources tell ESPN. pic.twitter.com/aEeKEgI2D8

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) October 23, 2024

Sources: #Titans WR DeAndre Hopkins is being traded to the #Chiefs in exchange for a 5th rounder that can get to a fourth rounder. Deal is being finalized.

A key veteran who could be the final piece, Hopkins name has been hot in the trade market. Now, he lands with the champs. pic.twitter.com/GRvRbUwux6

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) October 23, 2024

[Reply]
htismaqe 03:35 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Lol, if Nagy has him run even one jet-sweep . . .
He won't.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:38 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
He won't.

Yah, I know. 100% doubting DHop will do much run-blocking/running clearouts either. Come the playoffs, sure. But not right now.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 03:45 PM Yesterday
Funny little thing - Madden dropped Hopkins rating from 89 to 86 - a massive week to week drop by their standards - right after he goes to the Chiefs :-)

Jaylen Watson went UP 2 after his injury :-)
[Reply]
staylor26 03:51 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Funny little thing - Madden dropped Hopkins rating from 89 to 86 - a massive week to week drop by their standards - right after he goes to the Chiefs :-)
They're really leaning into the whole everybody hates the Chiefs thing, huh?
[Reply]
ToxSocks 03:54 PM Yesterday
Only 6'6"? I would swear it's closer to 7'6".:-)
That's his penis size.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 05:00 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Dude, white guys using the N-word aint cool. What's the point of using that term? They think they are "edgy" using that word?
They are not white......?
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:03 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Dude, white guys using the N-word aint cool. What's the point of using that term? They think they are "edgy" using that word?

First impression: that guy isn't white. He might be part white. And pretty sure that's just one guy, not several guys.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:28 AM Today

[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 04:47 AM Today
:-)FFF; border:0; border-radius:3px; box-shadow:0 0 1px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.5),0 1px 10px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.15); margin: 1px; max-width:540px; min-width:326px; padding:0; width:99.375%; width:-webkit-calc(100% - 2px); width:calc(100% - 2px);">
:-)FFFFFF; line-height:0; padding:0 0; text-align:center; text-decoration:none; width:100%;" target="_blank">
:-)3897f0; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; font-style:normal; font-weight:550; line-height:18px;">View this post on Instagram

:-)c9c8cd; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; line-height:17px; margin-bottom:0; margin-top:8px; overflow:hidden; padding:8px 0 7px; text-align:center; text-overflow:ellipsis; white-space:nowrap;">:-)c9c8cd; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; font-style:normal; font-weight:normal; line-height:17px; text-decoration:none;" target="_blank">A post shared by First Things First (@firstthingsfirstonfs1)

[Reply]
RustShack 08:12 AM Today
Originally Posted by Gary Cooper:
Why play him against a weak opponent? I'd save him for something better. I guess Tennessee already had their BYE week so maybe that went into the decision making.
This has to be a joke right? Why wouldn’t you play him? Do you think we should rest all the starters and hope the backups can get them to the playoffs?
[Reply]
notorious 08:22 AM Today
Yeah, it's kind of some kind of optical illusion. I watch those highlight reels, or that RGR clip I posted earlier, and he just looks a lot bigger than most of the DBs he faced.

Even when he was here in PHX with ARI, the games I went to, he looked a lot bigger than the DBs on him. But you look at his height/weight, and they don't seem to jibe with what your eyes tell you.

Guess it doesn't matter. He plays big. And that's exactly what we need from him.
I went to a Thursday night game Denver vs. Jets when Plaxico Burress was still playing (and Teblow for the donks).

The gentleman I flew up there had relation that played for the Jets so we had seats somewhat behind their bench.

Plaxico looked like a man among children. He even appeared big next to offensive linemen. It was crazy.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:10 AM Today
If our luck will even out, our playoff offense is gonna consist of:

Mahomes
Hunt + Pacheco
Kelce + Gray
D Hop
Hollywood
Worthy
JuJu

Please let it be a reality and the threepeat is on deck.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:28 AM Today
I know they said dhop will play the rashee role. I really hope not. I’d like that to be part of his thing but as others have pointed out with Kurt Warner, it would be a great step in mahomes’ development to trust his WRs to go and make contested catches on the outside. I feel like it was Reid, more than mahomes, that never trusted rashee enough with this.

I still feel like the Justyn Ross elevation is a sign that this is what the chiefs are thinking. Because maybe if you get mahomes comfortable that can also help unlock Ross to some extent
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:14 AM Today
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I know they said dhop will play the rashee role. I really hope not. I’d like that to be part of his thing but as others have pointed out with Kurt Warner, it would be a great step in mahomes’ development to trust his WRs to go and make contested catches on the outside. I feel like it was Reid, more than mahomes, that never trusted rashee enough with this.

I still feel like the Justyn Ross elevation is a sign that this is what the chiefs are thinking. Because maybe if you get mahomes comfortable that can also help unlock Ross to some extent

While I can see your points, and agree with a lot of them, the fact remains that we need someone to replicate much of Rice's role. And DHop is currently the best substitute.

However, I also agree with a lot of what that guy on RGR was saying about how Andy should split DHop's time inside/outside. Don't know if it will really be a 50/50 split, but something in that neighborhood seems likely.

My only concern is that Andy/Nagy might overuse him early, as they seem to be doing with Kareem so far. Or, how McVay uses Kupp, peppering him with targets. Let's not beat up our shiny new toy early. Hoping they manage his snaps carefully until the playoffs and keep him as fresh as possible until we actually need to pepper him with targets.

All that said, I'm not terribly worried about it. Andy isn't stupid; he's not going to misuse DHop the way he was in TEN.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:36 AM Today
While I can see your points, and agree with a lot of them, the fact remains that we need someone to replicate much of Rice's role. And DHop is currently the best substitute.

However, I also agree with a lot of what that guy on RGR was saying about how Andy should split DHop's time inside/outside. Don't know if it will really be a 50/50 split, but something in that neighborhood seems likely.

My only concern is that Andy/Nagy might overuse him early, as they seem to be doing with Kareem so far. Or, how McVay uses Kupp, peppering him with targets. Let's not beat up our shiny new toy early. Hoping they manage his snaps carefully until the playoffs and keep him as fresh as possible until we actually need to pepper him with targets.

All that said, I'm not terribly worried about it. Andy isn't stupid; he's not going to misuse DHop the way he was in TEN.
Yeah pretty much on the same page. It’s a bit of not overusing him. But also thinking back to our early season struggles I really wish we had more of juju playing power slot with more aggressive routes from rashee. Not because juju is better but if you have guys opening him up he’s at least an option (which many of our WRs are not). I also feel like this aggressive side of Mahomes is something we want to unlock and I don’t think we do that with a bunch of low ADOTs with some aggressive long bombs sprinkled in.

I want for us to get better with the intermediate throws and I think that’s where dhop helps us the most.
[Reply]
Page 57 of 58
« First < 7475354555657 58 >
Up