« First < 7475354555657 5859606167107157557 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Investing megathread extravaganza
DaFace 11:23 AM 06-27-2016
A place to talk about investing stuff.
[Reply]
FD 02:15 PM 03-25-2017
Originally Posted by scho63:
If the Queen had balls she would be the King

If I didn't spend $500,000-600,000 eating and drinking these past 20-25 years I would be retired

If I shorted the market the day before 1987 Black Monday I would be rich

If I bought Microsoft or Apple when they first came out I would be rich

If I exercised more I wouldn't be fat

You said you play craps.....I guess that gambling is ok but mine is not.

My 401K did very well and so did some of my other stocks.

By the way, I made another nearly $4,000 the last two days in BABA options, both CALLS and PUTS.
I'm not very optimistic that this will work, but I think it's worth a try. I'm going to say this one last time and hope it sinks in: you are bad at what you do and you should stop doing it.

For anyone else reading this who has "learned" from this guy, he is not someone you want to learn from. If a significant part of your knowledge about options trading comes from a guy on a football message board, you should not be doing options trading. It is a bad idea.
[Reply]
scho63 06:00 PM 03-25-2017
Originally Posted by FD:
I'm not very optimistic that this will work, but I think it's worth a try. I'm going to say this one last time and hope it sinks in: you are bad at what you do and you should stop doing it.

For anyone else reading this who has "learned" from this guy, he is not someone you want to learn from. If a significant part of your knowledge about options trading comes from a guy on a football message board, you should not be doing options trading. It is a bad idea.
Show me where I tell one single person in this thread they should trade options? I haven't

I've spent years as a broker in a prior life.

I talk all the time about risk, risk, and risk. Not for the average or unsophisticated investor. I haven't even gotten into covered call writing or naked put selling, which is a whole other level of crazy that I don't participate in.

I link to the CBOE and other investor based explanations on options. I explain some basics

Show me one time I gave false information about options? You can't!

You have a deeper issue going on......
Maybe you lost money on options and are bitter?
Maybe you invested in penny stocks from a newsletter and cost you money?
Maybe you are reformed gambler?
Something more is going on with you.......:-)
[Reply]
FD 12:03 PM 03-26-2017
Show me where I tell one single person in this thread they should trade options? I haven't

I've spent years as a broker in a prior life.

I talk all the time about risk, risk, and risk. Not for the average or unsophisticated investor. I haven't even gotten into covered call writing or naked put selling, which is a whole other level of crazy that I don't participate in.

I link to the CBOE and other investor based explanations on options. I explain some basics

Show me one time I gave false information about options? You can't!

You have a deeper issue going on......
Maybe you lost money on options and are bitter?
Maybe you invested in penny stocks from a newsletter and cost you money?
Maybe you are reformed gambler?
Something more is going on with you.......:-)
I'm just a guy who knows a lot about money management and hopes there aren't people on here reading this thread and making terrible decisions with their money like you.
[Reply]
scho63 01:52 PM 03-26-2017
Originally Posted by FD:
I'm just a guy who knows a lot about money management and hopes there aren't people on here reading this thread and making terrible decisions with their money like you.
You didn't answer a single question I asked. :-)

So playing craps is the good money management skills you speak off?

I'm not risking my rent or car payment money.

I'm enjoying 6-9 months off in the sunshine in Scottsdale AZ without working a single day at 54 years old so I think I've done a few things right.

But that's OK, I'm sure you are the money manager to the stars in Hollywood.
[Reply]
eDave 01:53 PM 03-26-2017
Originally Posted by FD:
He's telling us what he does. He hasn't advocated his style as far as I know.
[Reply]
eDave 01:54 PM 03-26-2017
You didn't answer a single question I asked. :-)

So playing craps is the good money management skills you speak off?

I'm not risking my rent or car payment money.

I'm enjoying 6-9 months off in the sunshine in Scottsdale AZ without working a single day at 54 years old so I think I've done a few things right.

But that's OK, I'm sure you are the money manager to the stars in Hollywood.
And it's a fantastic freaking day. There's not a better Margarita day is known to man. Well, maybe yesterday, or Friday, or...

THIS is why we move here. Enjoy the fruits of your labor man.
[Reply]
Weapon X 08:48 AM 03-27-2017
Blockchain. Blockchain is a technological breakthrough that even the programmers are still learning new use cases for on a daily basis.

You see execs from Goldman, JP Morgan, Merrill, Microsoft, etc. (and the government), leaving lucrative careers to run start ups or invest in blockchain.

It's projected that the blockchain will make 30-60% of ALL global jobs redundant and unnecessary.

Invest now. Blockchain will be bigger than the internet. Already valued in tens of billions, it will soon be measured in the trillions.

Top Blockchain Growth opportunities:

Ethereum (smart contracts, the Ethereum Enterprise Alliance is composed of Microsoft, JP Morgan, BNY Melon, Santander, Intel, etc) up 700% this year
PIVX (HUUUUUGE growth potential) up 650 in a WEEK
NEM (south east Asia's ethereum) up 400% so far this year
BitBay (homerun potential but could also strike out) up 330% this year
Ark is a small market cap play that's brand new that could really explode too

Obviously Bitcoin is the most reknowned/widespread blockchain, but it's currently undergoing a big scalability civil war between it's bitcoin core and bitcoin unlimited dev teams.

Learn about it, get involved, make smart decisions and you WILL be rich. Soon.
[Reply]
Weapon X 08:50 AM 03-27-2017
Still can't post links but add the youtube prefix and this heavenly blessed beauty Jewess (also an MSc from Oxford and runs a Silicon Valley think-tank and VC firm) will explain the blockchain:

watch?v=RplnSVTzvnU
[Reply]
lewdog 07:38 PM 04-10-2017
Anyone know much about Pure Energy Minerals (PEMIF)? I read about an agreement with Tesla awhile ago for sourcing lithium. I honestly can't find a good source that this deal is even true. I can't find how much Tesla uses this company's source and why exactly this stock has been almost cut in half in the past year? Seems a bit risky but also possibly a good time to buy. I just can't locate much information outside of a few articles spaced out over a few years. Is this just another penny stock?
[Reply]
Weapon X 07:40 AM 04-11-2017
Originally Posted by Weapon X:
Blockchain. Blockchain is a technological breakthrough that even the programmers are still learning new use cases for on a daily basis.

You see execs from Goldman, JP Morgan, Merrill, Microsoft, etc. (and the government), leaving lucrative careers to run start ups or invest in blockchain.

It's projected that the blockchain will make 30-60% of ALL global jobs redundant and unnecessary.

Invest now. Blockchain will be bigger than the internet. Already valued in tens of billions, it will soon be measured in the trillions.

Top Blockchain Growth opportunities:

Ethereum (smart contracts, the Ethereum Enterprise Alliance is composed of Microsoft, JP Morgan, BNY Melon, Santander, Intel, etc) up 700% this year
PIVX (HUUUUUGE growth potential) up 650 in a WEEK
NEM (south east Asia's ethereum) up 400% so far this year
BitBay (homerun potential but could also strike out) up 330% this year
Ark is a small market cap play that's brand new that could really explode too

Obviously Bitcoin is the most reknowned/widespread blockchain, but it's currently undergoing a big scalability civil war between it's bitcoin core and bitcoin unlimited dev teams.

Learn about it, get involved, make smart decisions and you WILL be rich. Soon.
Since this post, PIVX, NEM and BitBay all up AT LEAST another 50% :-)
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 11:20 PM 04-12-2017
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
Thank you, kind sir. I will definitely look at those.

And here's one for you. Pure Energy Minerals, LTD. PEMIF. Lithium mining. $0.46/share, currently. About 1, 1.5 years from hitting. Load up while you can.
I've been tracking this like you said. They hit close to a 52 week low just now and will probably buy a good chunk of it. Hard to decipher where their efforts/research have come along to this point.
[Reply]
lewdog 06:44 AM 04-13-2017
Originally Posted by TigerUppercut:
I've been tracking this like you said. They hit close to a 52 week low just now and will probably buy a good chunk of it. Hard to decipher where their efforts/research have come along to this point.
I just brought them up but see you aren't quoting me.

Did someone else here mention them? I'm finding it difficult to find good information on them.
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 06:50 AM 04-13-2017
Originally Posted by lewdog:
I just brought them up but see you aren't quoting me.

Did someone else here mention them? I'm finding it difficult to find good information on them.
JH brought them up a month ago. They're a very small startup with what looks like a couple different area projects now trying to extract lithium. Their success hinges upon whether they can use this theoretical process to become a player in the industry. In comparison, the biggest supplier is getting Tesla about 1/3 of their lithium and are 40x the valuation of PEMIF
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 06:53 AM 04-13-2017
I'm twiddling my thumbs waiting for portola to file their application to the fda for their drug reversal agent. It's supposed to be filed this quarter and I assume the fda will make a decision by this Fall. Two novel drugs on the market for a small start-up would be an awesome feat
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 01:45 PM 04-18-2017
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
No worries. You can buy it in a couple of weeks when it's back at $0.15.
I was thinking the same thing, but it never came back down. Now it's (BITCF) at $0.83. Up over 1000% since I mentioned it about a month ago. Even the measly 20K shares I tried to buy for $1200 would be worth over $15k now. :-)
[Reply]
Page 57 of 941
« First < 7475354555657 5859606167107157557 > Last »
Up