ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 56 of 57
« First < 6465253545556 57 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Schefter: Hopkins to Chiefs
Pooch 04:50 AM 10-23-2024
Let’s go

It’s happening: Titans and Chiefs are working to finalize a trade that would send WR DeAndre Hopkins to Kansas City, league sources tell ESPN. pic.twitter.com/aEeKEgI2D8

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) October 23, 2024

Sources: #Titans WR DeAndre Hopkins is being traded to the #Chiefs in exchange for a 5th rounder that can get to a fourth rounder. Deal is being finalized.

A key veteran who could be the final piece, Hopkins name has been hot in the trade market. Now, he lands with the champs. pic.twitter.com/GRvRbUwux6

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) October 23, 2024

[Reply]
PHOG 03:08 PM Today
Originally Posted by Snerd:
He tall.
6'1 212lbs. https://www.pro-football-reference.c...H/HopkDe00.htm
[Reply]
Mosbonian 03:10 PM Today
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Lol, if Nagy has him run even one jet-sweep . . .
If Nagy does that, the entire interior line should pull on a sweep to the Chiefs bench side and absolutely run him over....hard.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:11 PM Today
Originally Posted by PHOG:
6'1 212lbs. https://www.pro-football-reference.c...H/HopkDe00.htm

Yeah, it's kind of some kind of optical illusion. I watch those highlight reels, or that RGR clip I posted earlier, and he just looks a lot bigger than most of the DBs he faced.

Even when he was here in PHX with ARI, the games I went to, he looked a lot bigger than the DBs on him. But you look at his height/weight, and they don't seem to jibe with what your eyes tell you.

Guess it doesn't matter. He plays big. And that's exactly what we need from him.
[Reply]
Snerd 03:12 PM Today
Originally Posted by carcosa:
At least 5'10" from this picture!!!!
It must be the angle that the picture (the top one) was taken from. Hopkins is listed at 6'1", but in the picture it looks like he's towering over Reid, who I think is about the same height.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:14 PM Today
Originally Posted by Mosbonian:
If Nagy does that, the entire interior line should pull on a sweep to the Chiefs bench side and absolutely run him over....hard.

Just once?:-)
[Reply]
Rausch 03:14 PM Today
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Nagy thinking DeHop could be the greatest gadget trick WR of all time.

:-)
The man has been seen with the call sheet this year. Likely why we've been running the ball more.

And not even Paul Hackett would fart around with DHop when he's got the toy of all toys in Worthy available. DHop will be this team's Marcus Allen and bring some gravitas and experience to the WR room.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 03:15 PM Today
Yeah, it's kind of some kind of optical illusion. I watch those highlight reels, or that RGR clip I posted earlier, and he just looks a lot bigger than most of the DBs he faced.

Even when he was here in PHX with ARI, the games I went to, he looked a lot bigger than the DBs on him. But you look at his height/weight, and they don't seem to jibe with what your eyes tell you.

Guess it doesn't matter. He plays big. And that's exactly what we need from him.
He has a 6’6 wingspan.
[Reply]
DRM08 03:16 PM Today

A lot of corners seem to be less than 6 foot tall. JaMarr Chase is right at 6'0" but seems bigger than a lot of the guys covering him.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 03:17 PM Today
Just once?:-)
You know....they say if a play is successful, then you should continue to run it until the other team stops you.... :-)
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:19 PM Today
Originally Posted by DRM08:
A lot of corners seem to be less than 6 foot tall. JaMarr Chase is right at 6'0" but seems bigger than a lot of the guys covering him.

It's been a few years since I actually looked, but I remember reading that the average NFL CB was about 5' 10".

But it's not just the height; it's also the stature. On the field, he looks like he's 20-30-lbs heavier, much wider in the shoulders, etc.
[Reply]
PHOG 03:19 PM Today

Yeah, I had to go look it up because in that picture he looks to be 6'5" or so.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:20 PM Today
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
He has a 6’6 wingspan.

Only 6'6"? I would swear it's closer to 7'6".:-)
[Reply]
DRM08 03:21 PM Today
Originally Posted by Gary Cooper:
Why play him against a weak opponent? I'd save him for something better. I guess Tennessee already had their BYE week so maybe that went into the decision making.
I wouldn't call the Raiders defense a weak opponent after seeing what they did to the Chiefs offense last year on Christmas Day.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:23 PM Today
Originally Posted by Gary Cooper:
Why play him against a weak opponent? I'd save him for something better. I guess Tennessee already had their BYE week so maybe that went into the decision making.

Someone may have already said this, but he needs the game reps with the 1s. Even DHop needs to develop some chemistry with Mahomes, and vice versa.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 03:32 PM Today
Originally Posted by Snerd:
He tall.
The tallest.
[Reply]
Page 56 of 57
« First < 6465253545556 57 >
Up