Page 55 of 84
« First < 5455152535455 5657585965 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Kareem Hunt Thread*****
Dante84 08:38 PM 04-28-2017
Updates to come.

[Reply]
milkman 09:22 AM 10-08-2017
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
Firstly his attitude was shit when he arrived. Besides being a petulant whiner who thought everything was about him, he was also a low life woman beating dipshit.

He was great in 05, when KC had 3 HOFers on the OL and nobody ever touched him in the backfield. He was unstoppable if he got to full speed.

06 was a result of high volume and the number of times he ran the ball up his Center's ass with a running lane available was astounding.

My dislike of Larry Johnson isn't revisionist. I said in 05 that he was a flash in the pan back and KC should trade him while he has value. I compared him to Chris Warren, and said he'd wash out within 3 years. I gave him too much credit. Chris Warren lasted longer and gained more yards than LJ did.

I took heat for it then, but nobody can convince me it would have been the wrong move. Green Bay was ready to hand KC a king's ransom for the guy.

I don't know where this imaginary version of him came from where he was a patient elusive RB with good vision. He was exactly what I said he was from the day KC drafted him until he was ran out of town. I think Rudy Niswanger (however you spell that guy's name, don't care enough to look it up) still has LJ's helmet lodged in his ass.
He did have a remarkable ability to miss holes that were within a yard of the butts he ran into.
[Reply]
Simply Red 10:01 AM 10-08-2017
Milkman - do you think i'm less of a dumbass this year?
[Reply]
BossChief 10:29 AM 10-08-2017
Lol
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:34 AM 10-08-2017
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
The 70s were before my fandom, but the 80s brought us Delaney and Okoye
Delaney had a nice rookie season of 1,121 yards and a strike shortened second season of 380 yards in 7 games. Tragedy aside, those aren't exactly mind-blowing numbers.

Okoye didn't have a banner year (over 1,000 yards rushing) until his 3rd season and only replicated that once over the next 4 seasons.

The Chiefs ground games was just short of a disaster until Priest Holmes arrived in 2001 and Grandpa Crybaby Fuckface thought Priest was just a 3rd down back when he was signed.
[Reply]
milkman 10:36 AM 10-08-2017
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
Milkman - do you think i'm less of a dumbass this year?
Have I ever actually called you a dumbass?

I have to say, though, this is a dumbass question, and now a dumbass conversation, which makes us both dumbasses.
[Reply]
Simply Red 10:42 AM 10-08-2017
Originally Posted by milkman:

I have to say, though, this is a dumbass question, and now a dumbass conversation, which makes us both dumbasses.
Yes once. HAHA
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:45 AM 10-08-2017
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
Yes once. HAHA
Make him an oatmeal thread!
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 10:47 AM 10-08-2017

:-)
[Reply]
Easy 6 10:48 AM 10-08-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Delaney had a nice rookie season of 1,121 yards and a strike shortened second season of 380 yards in 7 games. Tragedy aside, those aren't exactly mind-blowing numbers.

Okoye didn't have a banner year (over 1,000 yards rushing) until his 3rd season and only replicated that once over the next 4 seasons.

The Chiefs ground games was just short of a disaster until Priest Holmes arrived in 2001 and Grandpa Crybaby ****face thought Priest was just a 3rd down back when he was signed.
I dont see why this needs to be an argument, I said we've been blessed with running backs through the years as much or more than any other team... and will stand by that

Podolak
Garret was a two time pro bowler
Abner Haynes made it three times
Delaney
Okoye
Word
Allen
Priest
LJ
Charles
And now Hunt

We've done pretty damn well
[Reply]
Rausch 10:49 AM 10-08-2017
You did call me one after my draft take (this year.)

Pointedly on my post on Hunt being similar to Emmit Smith/Curtis Martin which I think couldn't be more accurate...
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:54 AM 10-08-2017
Rausch can see the future. Hopefully we beat your Steelers next week :-)
[Reply]
milkman 10:56 AM 10-08-2017
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
I dont see why this needs to be an argument, I said we've been blessed with running backs through the years as much or more than any other team... and will stand by that

Podolak
Garret was a two time pro bowler
Abner Haynes made it three times
Delaney
Okoye
Word
Allen
Priest
LJ
Charles
And now Hunt

We've done pretty damn well
Podolak gets propped up by one spectacular game.
Overall, he was pretty pedestrian.

Delaney was the one bright spot between the days of Garret and Okoye.

The 70's, 80's and much of the 90's were mostly "meh".

This glut of RBs didn't start until Priest.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 02:03 PM 10-08-2017
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
This is why I always say RB is hands down the most 'immediate impact' position on offense.

RB's need to learn routes. They need to learn protections. With the ball in their hand, it's all football instincts. If a RB isn't productive running as a rookie, he usually never is.

Also, I'm standing by my pre draft assessment that Fournette is a 3.5 YPC back. I don't see what made everyone drool.
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Yea I’m starting to question Fournette myself. I mean 3.5 YPC is just awful.

I know some people will point to the Jags offense and in particular their OL, but Ivory and Yeldon weren’t even that bad, and that was without the real commitment to running the football.
He looked pretty good today.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:17 PM 10-08-2017
His pace dropped to a mere 1,948 yards tonight. :-)
[Reply]
Dinny Bossa Nova 10:20 PM 10-08-2017
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
His pace dropped to a mere 1,948 yards tonight. :-)
The Titanic was on a pace to cross the ocean.

Do you have a point?

Dinny
[Reply]
Page 55 of 84
« First < 5455152535455 5657585965 > Last »
Up