ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 55 of 72
« First < 5455152535455 5657585965 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Trent McDuffie Thread*****
Dante84 08:24 PM 04-28-2022
More to come!

.@trent_mcduffie has a message for #ChiefsKingdom pic.twitter.com/FdxstFDWLA

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 29, 2022

This is a massive hole that is filled for the #chiefs. Trent McDuffie is considered by almost everyone as the 3rd best CB in this draft. The first two went off the board at 3 and 4.

— James Palmer (@JamesPalmerTV) April 29, 2022

The newest member of #ChiefsKingdom!

��: #NFLDraft on @nflnetwork pic.twitter.com/d2F9Ye3Zsq

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 29, 2022

Here’s what @dpbrugler had to say about Trent McDuffie. pic.twitter.com/kL3dDnqFr2

— Brandon Kiley (@BKSportsTalk) April 29, 2022

The @Chiefs make a big move for a top CB (and my model's #8 overall prospect) in Trent McDuffie, who allowed 3.1 yards/target in 2021 at Washington (best in FBS, min. 30 targets).

Could be a key piece to counter the wealth of receiving talent in the AFC come playoff time!

— cynthia frelund (@cfrelund) April 29, 2022

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:12 AM 08-09-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
This kid is going to be our breakout player, and when I say breakout, I mean he's going to be among the better players at his position in the NFL by the end of the year.

He's clearly been having a fantastic camp, he looks ready to take a big leap, and this is a guy who was already really fucking good from day one.
Duncan and I talked a little bit about this in the draft thread - I've never seen someone that can gear up and down like he can. He's just so damn sticky.

Short gears - revs up and hits a limit; he's gonna fly through that stack in a hurry. This isn't a guy that's gonna go stride for stride with Tyreek Hill. But in a phone-booth you just aren't gonna shake him.

It's his feet and hips. They're really incredible. And I think O.City may be right in that he's not going to be a big INT guy but that's generally the nature of man cover corners. They aren't gonna pick off a lot of balls because typically you can't drive on them. You're there to be difficult at the catch point and that's about it.

That said, we do play some zone and he appears to be very savvy in it (as opposed to say, Scandrick, who NEVER knew when to drop off or pick up somebody - the Scandrick/Parker duo is the worst I've ever seen in zone coverage). So I think he'll get 3-4 most years.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:25 AM 08-09-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Duncan and I talked a little bit about this in the draft thread - I've never seen someone that can gear up and down like he can. He's just so damn sticky.

Short gears - revs up and hits a limit; he's gonna fly through that stack in a hurry. This isn't a guy that's gonna go stride for stride with Tyreek Hill. But in a phone-booth you just aren't gonna shake him.

It's his feet and hips. They're really incredible. And I think O.City may be right in that he's not going to be a big INT guy but that's generally the nature of man cover corners. They aren't gonna pick off a lot of balls because typically you can't drive on them. You're there to be difficult at the catch point and that's about it.

That said, we do play some zone and he appears to be very savvy in it (as opposed to say, Scandrick, who NEVER knew when to drop off or pick up somebody - the Scandrick/Parker duo is the worst I've ever seen in zone coverage). So I think he'll get 3-4 most years.

Yeah. He might not be a guy you leave in cover 0 manned up against a deep speed threat. But anything else, he can do.

He mirrors really exceptionally. I think he’ll be dynamite as the main slot guy when sneed moves on. Or in following whoever.
[Reply]
KCJake 10:56 AM 08-09-2023
I love this guy. Him and Sneed. I hope we can keep these two around for a long time
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 04:35 PM 09-24-2023
Such an outstanding player in all phases of the game. Time for him to start being noticed as one of the top handful of CBs in the NFL.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 04:54 PM 09-24-2023
Veach sneaking in front of Buffalo to nab this goddamn stud is a prime example of why we win championships and other franchises flounder in mediocrity forever.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 06:59 PM 09-24-2023
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
Veach sneaking in front of Buffalo to nab this goddamn stud is a prime example of why we win championships and other franchises flounder in mediocrity forever.
Panicking and then picking Kaiir Elam with the 23rd overall pick - the same Kaiir Elam who's been a healthy inactive in all 3 games this season - is another reason some franchises flounder in mediocrity forever.

Veach peed in the Bills' Cornflakes twice with that maneuver.
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 07:16 PM 09-24-2023
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:

Look at how pissed these guys are that when they hear it's KC that traded up. Shell-shocked faces. Just completely fucked over.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:20 PM 09-24-2023
That 2022 first round is already looking like it yielded a couple of cornerstones to build the team around. Insane value by Veach. If it wasn't for the Jets getting Gardner and Wilson I'd say we had the best.
[Reply]
Simply Red 07:21 PM 09-24-2023
He may be a top 5 Chief RN. Also mad love for Moore and Rice today!
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 07:22 PM 09-24-2023
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz:

Look at how pissed these guys are that when they hear it's KC that traded up. Shell-shocked faces. Just completely ****ed over.
Bills Fan said that they liked Elam better anyway. I'm not kidding.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 07:23 PM 09-24-2023
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
Panicking and then picking Kaiir Elam with the 23rd overall pick - the same Kaiir Elam who's been a healthy inactive in all 3 games this season - is another reason some franchises flounder in mediocrity forever.

Veach peed in the Bills' Cornflakes twice with that maneuver.
The Bills have had tunnel vision with a lot of their early round picks in the Allen era and it's made their roster full of holes like this.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 07:29 PM 09-24-2023
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz:

Look at how pissed these guys are that when they hear it's KC that traded up. Shell-shocked faces. Just completely ****ed over.
OMG, I have never seen that. How absolutely epic.
[Reply]
Mecca 07:30 PM 09-24-2023
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
The Bills have had tunnel vision with a lot of their early round picks in the Allen era and it's made their roster full of holes like this.
James Cook seems to be their only early round pick that's worked out lately...
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 07:32 PM 09-24-2023
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Bills Fan said that they liked Elam better anyway. I'm not kidding.
They also say they don’t regret trading the Mahomes pick because they ended up with Joshy boy.

Denial is a bitch.
[Reply]
Mecca 07:34 PM 09-24-2023
The Bills could have Mahomes and Jefferson...they have Allen and Diggs instead.
[Reply]
Page 55 of 72
« First < 5455152535455 5657585965 > Last »
Up