« First < 4445051525354
Nzoner's Game Room>Rashee Rice Injury Update Thread
SHOWTIME 02:49 PM 09-29-2024
Did not look good
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 08:18 AM Today
Originally Posted by Monticore:
MRI are not 100%

The overall agreement across all MRI results between the two radiologists was good (kappa = 0.83, P < 0.001). MRI was found to have high sensitivity (90.7%) and moderate specificity (63.6%) in the diagnosis of injuries to the ACL; high sensitivity (90.4%) and moderate specificity (50%) in the diagnosis of injuries to the PCL; moderate sensitivity (79.1%) and low specificity (46.7%) in the diagnosis of injuries to the MCL; fair sensitivity (55.6%) and moderate specificity (68.4%) in the diagnosis of injuries to the LCL; fair sensitivity (61.5%) and low specificity (39.4%) in the diagnosis of injuries to the meniscus. The accuracy was good for ACL injuries (87.6%) and PCL injuries (84.5%), moderate for MCL injuries (69.1%) and LCL injuries (66.9%), low for the meniscus injuries (45.4%). The agreement between MRI results and intraoperative findings was moderate in the ACL injuries (kappa = 0.47) and PCL injuries (kappa = 0.39), poor in the MCL injuries (kappa = 0.26) and LCL injuries (kappa = 0.18), and meaningless in tears of the meniscus (Table ​(Table3).3). Only one of the 9 injured PLC was revealed by preoperative MRI, so the sensitivity and specificity cannot be calculated. The preoperative MR images of the injured ligaments
Just saw Dr Jesse Morse on twitter say an examination and MRI should already tell the folks treating him about a full tear or not. So they would already know by now he says.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:22 AM Today
Originally Posted by TEX:
Exactly!!! It was SHE who was driving the Lambo in Dallas, and ran after the accident!

HE GOOD!
I freaking knew it
[Reply]
RunKC 08:33 AM Today
Originally Posted by BuckeyeTheDog:
I talked to a high, high Chiefs exec who would know about Rashee (trust me on that).

He started pointing at his knee and telling me the situation (don’t trust me to get the medical terminology right).

- The ACL is not torn.
- I don’t remember him saying anything about bone bruising or a meniscus. Maybe a given? But is wasn’t THE problem.
- The real question is a PCL (?) and whether it is torn or stretched, and they still aren’t 100% sure.
- If it’s stretched, it’s a six week recovery time (projected).
- If it’s torn, it’s six months.

- They hope the swelling is down soon enough to really be able to tell. And to pray for Rashee.

I can’t believe I didn’t ask him about trades but I only had so much time in the situation and my time was up. The exec was very gracious, but seemed to definitely be juggling things, which, umm, would make sense.
This is what Dr Jesse Morse said. It was interesting that Ryan Tannehill was cited in this situation and played on a partial tear only to tear his ACL anyway.

It’s a risk, but at the same time it’s likely Rashee gets suspended for at least 4 games next season (wouldn’t be shocked if it’s 6-8 bc fuck Goodell) so he couldn’t playing on it and if it tears he will basically be on the track that Omenihu is on to come back in November of 2025 anyway
[Reply]
BWillie 08:38 AM Today
Originally Posted by In58men:
Damn lol

Saddest part is there is a little kid with her..or daughter? Either way just awful with a kid around.
[Reply]
Monticore 08:39 AM Today
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
Just saw Dr Jesse Morse on twitter say an examination and MRI should already tell the folks treating him about a full tear or not. So they would already know by now he says.
They should but yet they don’t or are unsure about something or full extent.
[Reply]
BWillie 08:40 AM Today
I talked to a high, high Chiefs exec who would know about Rashee (trust me on that).

He started pointing at his knee and telling me the situation (don’t trust me to get the medical terminology right).

- The ACL is not torn.
- I don’t remember him saying anything about bone bruising or a meniscus. Maybe a given? But is wasn’t THE problem.
- The real question is a PCL (?) and whether it is torn or stretched, and they still aren’t 100% sure.

- They hope the swelling is down soon enough to really be able to tell. And to pray for Rashee.

I can’t believe I didn’t ask him about trades but I only had so much time in the situation and my time was up. The exec was very gracious, but seemed to definitely be juggling things, which, umm, would make sense.
Thank you! I appreciate it. This is why I come to this place. Good stuff
[Reply]
O.city 08:50 AM Today
Originally Posted by RunKC:
This is what Dr Jesse Morse said. It was interesting that Ryan Tannehill was cited in this situation and played on a partial tear only to tear his ACL anyway.

It’s a risk, but at the same time it’s likely Rashee gets suspended for at least 4 games next season (wouldn’t be shocked if it’s 6-8 bc **** Goodell) so he couldn’t playing on it and if it tears he will basically be on the track that Omenihu is on to come back in November of 2025 anyway
You'd essentially lose him for all of 25 in that scenario where even when he comes back, you're not likely to get a 100% player.

If it needs surgically repaired, just do it now and you could have him back for camp.
[Reply]
threebag 08:56 AM Today
Originally Posted by Monticore:
My friend’s son got a grade 1 tear of PCL sliding into the board dead on like Rice he missed maybe a week or two and played rest of season with a brace .
Fuck Yeah
[Reply]
penguinz 08:56 AM Today
If it was torn the MRI would be showing it just like an ACL tear.
JFC just shut the fuck up. MRI's are not 100% accurate. They have false positive and negative diagnosis from them all the time.
[Reply]
George Liquor 09:02 AM Today
This guy's ACL live by any one of you?
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 09:45 AM Today
Originally Posted by penguinz:
JFC just shut the **** up. MRI's are not 100% accurate. They have false positive and negative diagnosis from them all the time.
OK forum Doctor :-) :-)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:50 AM Today
Originally Posted by O.city:
You'd essentially lose him for all of 25 in that scenario where even when he comes back, you're not likely to get a 100% player.

If it needs surgically repaired, just do it now and you could have him back for camp.
Yeah - partial tear would be something of a nightmare scenario.

I would HOPE they'd scope him if that were a possibility just to get the best possible view of what's going on in there.
[Reply]
threebag 10:01 AM Today
OK forum Doctor :-) :-)
The results are back, LeBron sucks and Angel Reese sucks harder
[Reply]
Nirvana58 10:09 AM Today

- The ACL is not torn.

If it's a grade 1 or 2 PCL tear it will heal on its own and he should be back this season. If it was a complete tear then I would assume it would have been seen on the MRI.

Honestly it this is true then Rice got extremely lucky.
[Reply]
Spott 10:21 AM Today
Originally Posted by threebag:
The results are back, LeBron sucks and Angel Reese sucks harder
I don’t know who that second person is, but I’m sure she sucks too.
[Reply]
Page 54 of 54
« First < 4445051525354
Up