Page 53 of 940
« First < 3434950515253 5455565763103153553 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Investing megathread extravaganza
DaFace 11:23 AM 06-27-2016
A place to talk about investing stuff.
[Reply]
scho63 04:19 PM 03-02-2017
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I think you're supposed to buy when blood is running in the streets and everyone is screaming in agony. That's certainly the case here, but then again sometimes blood runs in the streets and people scream in agony because they're actually dying.
Traditional retail scares the shit out of me. I don't really see much to invest in. Very few, only niche companies with stand alone stores. Anything tied to an indoor mall is pretty much dead on arrival.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 05:47 PM 03-02-2017
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
That sounds like a solid plan. You will be very comfortable at retirement age.

Make sure you say hi to me when I am 90 and still working as a Walmart greeter. Sucks when you lose half your retirement in a divorce- it takes a lot of years to get it back.
Yeah hit me up and I will give you some money to convince pest I am funny
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:09 PM 03-02-2017
Originally Posted by scho63:
Traditional retail scares the shit out of me. I don't really see much to invest in. Very few, only niche companies with stand alone stores. Anything tied to an indoor mall is pretty much dead on arrival.
Agreed. Except maybe Walmart. It's always going to attract lowest common denominator types. Their free 2 day shipping might take some shine off amazon who would be the only retailer I would even think about.

I doubt any of them release it but it is all driven by inventory efficiency (probably calculated as inventory turns or inventory as a % of sales) and sales/sq ft. That's where amazon is hell on these fools. They set up the infrastructure and make vendors hold the inventory and do the shipping.

There may be a buying opportunity if labor laws relax some or something maybe. But I don't see what is going to make retail more profitable save structural changes or taxes that would hurt online sales.
[Reply]
O.city 08:22 PM 03-02-2017
Buehler, any insight on AI for me?
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:34 PM 03-02-2017
Originally Posted by O.city:
Buehler, any insight on AI for me?
Artificial intelligence?

Not much. Sorry.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 08:50 PM 03-02-2017
Originally Posted by TigerUppercut:
Want to make a nice investment that will cash out well in the next few years?

Aclaris Therapeutics and Portola Pharmaceuticals.

You're welcome.
Thank you, kind sir. I will definitely look at those.

And here's one for you. Pure Energy Minerals, LTD. PEMIF. Lithium mining. $0.46/share, currently. About 1, 1.5 years from hitting. Load up while you can.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 12:59 AM 03-03-2017
The problem with Target is it was supposed to be an alternative to shitty ass walmart, well guess what, now we got so many dumb fucks in the USA they spilled over to Target.
[Reply]
kepp 08:14 AM 03-10-2017
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
UBQU

Best MJ stock I have found lately- they are actually making money. All of their products are legal in all 50 states.
Alright, I opened an individual brokerage account to play with and I just placed a (small) order for UBQU. Go cannabis, go!
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 08:52 AM 03-10-2017
Originally Posted by :
Average hourly earnings increased 2.8% from year earlier
:-)

Were definitely getting another rate hike this month. Futures are over 90% now. A 2nd one by June is almost at 50%
[Reply]
kepp 08:57 AM 03-10-2017
Here's a beginner's question...when I am creating a buy order for a stock I'm seeing "bid" and "ask" prices and then a place where I can specify a price, but it is pre-filled with the "ask" price. What is bid vs. ask?
[Reply]
DaKCMan AP 09:25 AM 03-10-2017
Originally Posted by kepp:
Here's a beginner's question...when I am creating a buy order for a stock I'm seeing "bid" and "ask" prices and then a place where I can specify a price, but it is pre-filled with the "ask" price. What is bid vs. ask?
There are a set number of shares available for a given stock. When you buy shares of a stock that means someone else is selling.

Bid is what someone buying is willing to pay per share.
Ask is what someone selling is willing to accept per share.

Bid/Ask prices fluctuate constantly as the share price of a stock changes.

[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 09:45 AM 03-10-2017
You're entering a market order.

Read this
http://www.investopedia.com/terms/b/bid-askspread.asp
Then this about limit orders
http://www.investopedia.com/ask/answ...-far-apart.asp

That site has good info for a beginner. You can also paper trade in their simulator
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:12 AM 03-10-2017
For big stocks, I think the difference between bid and ask is so small that it's inconsequential. But for small stocks sometimes it's a pain because you always get the price that's worse and it can make a difference in your plan.
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 11:25 AM 03-10-2017
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
For big stocks, I think the difference between bid and ask is so small that it's inconsequential. But for small stocks sometimes it's a pain because you always get the price that's worse and it can make a difference in your plan.
He's buying a OTC penny stock that the last 3 refreshes of my google finance page have been -6%, -8% and then -11%. You can get in for .0213/share now!

.. and back to -6.67 on next refresh
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 11:27 AM 03-10-2017
If/when you buy, make sure to put in a limit order, not a market order. Especially on lower-priced stocks. It's just as easy, and it keeps you from getting screwed by market makers.
[Reply]
Page 53 of 940
« First < 3434950515253 5455565763103153553 > Last »
Up