ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 52 of 82
« First < 2424849505152 5354555662 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Tourist(s) missing in submarine while trying to reach the Titannic
Ming the Merciless 10:45 AM 06-19-2023
https://www.ctvnews.ca/world/u-s-coa...-sub-1.6446841

Originally Posted by :
A search and rescue operation is currently underway to locate a submarine that went missing during an expedition to the Titanic.
The U.S. Coast Guard was looking for the submarine Monday morning after it disappeared during the expedition from St. John's, N.L. The infamous 1912 wreck is located more than 600 kilometres southeast of the province in the North Atlantic Ocean.
The trip to the Titanic was being run by OceanGate Expeditions, a U.S.-based company. It uses a five-person submersible named Titan to reach the wreckage 3,800 metres below the surface. OceanGate's website advertises a seven-night voyage to the Titanic for US$250,000 per person, or approximately CA$330,000.
"We are exploring and mobilizing all options to bring the crew back safely," an OceanGate spokesperson said in an email to CTV News. "Our entire focus is on the crewmembers in the submersible and their families."

Those tours are a series of five eight-day missions to the Titanic with the money raised by tourists going towards Titanic research. Posts on social media show the ship launched from the St. John's area last week.

Did they really have 5 people in this?? Or do they have a larger version??

[Reply]
frozenchief 01:51 PM 06-22-2023
This song seems appropriate for these circumstances:

[Reply]
Donger 01:51 PM 06-22-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
oof

Surface of the sun, eh?

:-)
[Reply]
wazu 01:58 PM 06-22-2023
Originally Posted by Donger:
Surface of the sun, eh?

:-)
Yes and they are all very sadly died.
[Reply]
Radar Chief 01:58 PM 06-22-2023

[Reply]
ptlyon 02:03 PM 06-22-2023
Well, that's that.

How about a Fresca? Hmmm? Hmmm?
[Reply]
RedRaider56 02:04 PM 06-22-2023
Originally Posted by ChiefaRoo:
Journalists have a large ‘Ron Burgundy’ level of thinking in them.
Yep.. It's like the statement "Tell me you don't understand catastrophic implosion without telling me you don't understand catastrophic implosion"
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:05 PM 06-22-2023
I'm trying to understand the physics displayed in this scene, and failing.
The movie was directed by Sean S. Cunningham, who also brought you Friday the 13th and SPRING BREAK!
[Reply]
Rams Fan 02:08 PM 06-22-2023

‘Titanic’ director James Cameron on the ‘catastrophic implosion’ of Titan submersible: “I’m struck by the similarity of the Titanic disaster itself, where the captain was repeatedly warned about ice ahead of his ship and yet he steamed at full speed into an ice field." pic.twitter.com/vO8JkCXS5f

— ABC News (@ABC) June 22, 2023

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:09 PM 06-22-2023
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
"Quoted from deep inside James Cameron's own ass"

God that guy is full of himself. And just a staggeringly pretentious d-bag.
[Reply]
ptlyon 02:09 PM 06-22-2023
Yet another example of the sayings "you can't take it with you" and "last I checked, coffins don't have pockets"
[Reply]
ReynardMuldrake 02:09 PM 06-22-2023
I'm trying to understand the physics displayed in this scene, and failing.
Originally Posted by :
Decompression sickness (abbreviated DCS; also called divers' disease, the bends, aerobullosis, and caisson disease) is a medical condition caused by dissolved gases emerging from solution as bubbles inside the body tissues during decompression. DCS most commonly occurs during or soon after a decompression ascent from underwater diving, but can also result from other causes of depressurisation, such as emerging from a caisson, decompression from saturation, flying in an unpressurised aircraft at high altitude, and extravehicular activity from spacecraft. DCS and arterial gas embolism are collectively referred to as decompression illness.

Since bubbles can form in or migrate to any part of the body, DCS can produce many symptoms, and its effects may vary from joint pain and rashes to paralysis and death. DCS often causes air bubbles to settle in major joints like knees or elbows, causing individuals to bend over in excruciating pain, hence its common name, the bends. Individual susceptibility can vary from day to day, and different individuals under the same conditions may be affected differently or not at all. The classification of types of DCS according to symptoms has evolved since its original description in the 19th century. The severity of symptoms varies from barely noticeable to rapidly fatal.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decompression_sickness
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:10 PM 06-22-2023
Just listening to the presser - lord these reporters are stupid.

The admiral says "I have an expert that can answer that..." steps away from the microphone and a couple of these mid-wits start shouting questions to him as he's walking away.

Hey! Dummy! Someone else is coming to the podium. Can you maybe shut the fuck up for a minute?
[Reply]
neech 02:12 PM 06-22-2023
I bet the Blink-182 concert was good.
[Reply]
Hoover 02:13 PM 06-22-2023
Originally Posted by DaFace:
We'll never know, but I wonder if they had any warning at all. With those pressures, I can see it going from "everything's fine" to "squished" in milliseconds. At least it seems like they wouldn't have suffered much this way.
I'm sure the PS5 controller started to vibrate or something.
[Reply]
Hoover 02:13 PM 06-22-2023
Originally Posted by DaFace:
We'll never know, but I wonder if they had any warning at all. With those pressures, I can see it going from "everything's fine" to "squished" in milliseconds. At least it seems like they wouldn't have suffered much this way.
I'm sure the PS5 controller started to vibrate or something.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 02:13 PM 06-22-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
"Quoted from deep inside James Cameron's own ass"

God that guy is full of himself. And just a staggeringly pretentious d-bag.
I don't disagree regarding Cameron, however, given his experience with deep-sea exploration, I still find it worth listening to his commentary.

This is just all very sad and there are so many things that could've been handled differently and 5 people died as a result of someone's ambition causing them to compromise safety.
[Reply]
Page 52 of 82
« First < 2424849505152 5354555662 > Last »
Up