ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 52 of 53
« First < 2424849505152 53 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Schefter: Hopkins to Chiefs
Pooch 04:50 AM Yesterday
Let’s go

It’s happening: Titans and Chiefs are working to finalize a trade that would send WR DeAndre Hopkins to Kansas City, league sources tell ESPN. pic.twitter.com/aEeKEgI2D8

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) October 23, 2024

Sources: #Titans WR DeAndre Hopkins is being traded to the #Chiefs in exchange for a 5th rounder that can get to a fourth rounder. Deal is being finalized.

A key veteran who could be the final piece, Hopkins name has been hot in the trade market. Now, he lands with the champs. pic.twitter.com/GRvRbUwux6

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) October 23, 2024

[Reply]
penguinz 02:33 PM Today
Originally Posted by RunKC:
They can restructure Mahomes at any time. It’s part of the contract. As long as Clark is fine paying Mahomes the money, and Mahomes is probably fine with an early check in the mail.

If it’s for a guy like Robinson that’s only like $1.25 million needed
Mahomes contract was already restructured this season.

Taylor would be a mistake if it extended his contract any or made it harder to get out of early if desired.

Maybe Thuney to keep him a couple more seasons?
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:53 PM Today
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I hope so. I simply cannot understand why truly great WRs choose really bad QBs for just a million or 2. I get that money is money, but at this point we’re talking legacy, HOF credentials, and superstardom. I have to imagine the clout from being a superstar is way more lucrative than playing for a bad team
It wasn't just a million or two. The Titans were willing to give him 2 years instead of just 1.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 03:01 PM Today
Originally Posted by O.city:
I don't know why I feel this way, maybe just hope but......this really feels like it could be very "Randy Moss to the Pats" kinda thing.

DHop admitted in his presser today he hadn't played meaningful football in years....seemed to really be something he'd thought about.
I heard someone reporting from a Titans insider that last year the Tennessee staff was timing Hopkins and he was faster than ever.

MPH or whatever fancy gadgets they were using...
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:08 PM Today
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
If he can be more productive than Watson, then he should be our 3rd best target behind Kelce and Worthy. I just hope he stays healthy and isn't fucked from the recent knee injury. I think he is playing with a torn MCL, but maybe he's not because I doubt that he would pass a physical with one.

lol, “If”

You’re hilarious. Hopkins will be WR1 by next week, if not by Sunday.

After watching the very snap by Amari last week, I figure Nuk will a least see 7-9 targets. Probably get his 1st TD this weekend, if not 2.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:12 PM Today
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
I heard someone reporting from a Titans insider that last year the Tennessee staff was timing Hopkins and he was faster than ever.

MPH or whatever fancy gadgets they were using...

Heard it was a GPS monitor. Heard it a few times last season. And there’s of course the tapes of him scoring from 40+ out a couple times last year. He still has some juice left
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 03:18 PM Today
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Heard it was a GPS monitor. Heard it a few times last season. And there’s of course the tapes of him scoring from 40+ out a couple times last year. He still has some juice left
Even if he was end of career Michael Thomas, Hopkins could run a slant over and over for 100 yards a game in this offense.

I do think you're right, he's going to surprise some people.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 03:19 PM Today
Andy and Nagy both said he's coming in to play Rashee's role which is kinda fascinating from the standpoint that it was JuJu's job as well

If we can ever get all those guys on the field at once, zone coverage will be a non-issue :-)
[Reply]
RealSNR 03:23 PM Today
Originally Posted by FloridaMan88:
Not anymore.

Hopkins #8, Ross #82.
Goddamn it. Now UChieffy has to buy a new Ross jersey.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 03:26 PM Today
No injury designation for Hopkins on his first day as a Chief.

Good news for the #Chiefs: RB Kareem Hunt was upgraded to a full participant on Thursday; WR DeAndre Hopkins did not appear on the report.

— Pete Sweeney (@pgsween) October 24, 2024

[Reply]
Hoover 03:33 PM Today
I have always thought that JuJu was a depth signing. They Chiefs know exactly what he is, and he's just not able to be a high use player. He's more the "pull I case of emergency" guy than the "we're ok, JuJu can do it" guy.

I think Skyy going to the IR is a hug bonus, bring up another healthy WR and give them some reps. And thank God for Hardman. He can run all that horizontal crap Andy loves and say what you will but for the most part he's available and that's what the Chiefs need the most,
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 03:39 PM Today
Couch’s D-Hop Prediction WK 1:

7 REC, 93 YDS, 1 TD

Let’s go!
[Reply]
carcosa 03:44 PM Today
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
Did we win the 3-peat yet?!
NOT YET AND IM PISSED OFF ABOUT IT!!!!
[Reply]
KCJake 03:45 PM Today
In 2-3 weeks, this dude will be exactly what Rice was.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:55 PM Today
Originally Posted by KCJake:
In 2-3 weeks, this dude will be exactly what Rice was.

Not exactly. He’s probably not getting the same kind of YAC. But he’ll get enough.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 03:56 PM Today
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Not exactly. He’s probably not getting the same kind of YAC. But he’ll get enough.
No, but I bet he doesn't have any of the drops Rice dealt with from time to time, most recently in Atlanta which almost led to a pick.

Love you still Rashee
[Reply]
Page 52 of 53
« First < 2424849505152 53 >
Up