ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 52 of 53
« First < 2424849505152 53 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Who should we trade for if Rice is out?
Titty Meat 03:10 PM 09-29-2024
Discuss...
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 04:44 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
No.

Of course V should always be on the lookout for making the team better and giving Mahomes weapons and yes a threepeat would be something.

But you don't make stupid deals. There just may not be a deal that makes sense.

Injuries are one of the reasons threepeats don't happen and it's not worth mortgaging the future for because there's no guarantee KC won't have more injuries or unlucky bounces in the post season.
No one pick is "mortgaging the future".

:-)

You have a chance to make NFL history for a stupid draft pick after losing your top 2 WR's you do it.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 04:44 PM Yesterday

"The #Chiefs should trade for Amari Cooper."

Point: He can still get very, very open. pic.twitter.com/u7CvUdNQtY

— Charles Goldman (@goldmctNFL) September 30, 2024

[Reply]
RunKC 04:46 PM Yesterday
This says he wants to be be a Panther but also that he obviously wants a new deal.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-see-happening

He’s currently making $18.3 million and probably wants more? Yeah unless it’s a day 3 pick that’s a no from me bro. We’re not paying that
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:12 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
Tyreek and Adams aren't realistic, Thomas and Renfrow are done, young guys like Hyatt and Burk don't move the needle.

1. Deandre Hopkins
2. Amari Cooper
3. Diontae Johnson

...Any other realistic candidates to take us over the top?

Amari makes the most sense, imo. Not expensive, excellent route runner ( was considered the best route runner in the league just a couple seasons ago), good size and speed, good hands.
[Reply]
TEX 05:28 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Amari makes the most sense, imo. Not expensive, excellent route runner ( was considered the best route runner in the league just a couple seasons ago), good size and speed, good hands.
He would be my choice.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 05:39 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
No.

Of course V should always be on the lookout for making the team better and giving Mahomes weapons and yes a threepeat would be something.

But you don't make stupid deals. There just may not be a deal that makes sense.

Injuries are one of the reasons threepeats don't happen and it's not worth mortgaging the future for because there's no guarantee KC won't have more injuries or unlucky bounces in the post season.
We have also seen dynasties fade. Brees and rodgers never came close to sniffing another Super Bowl. We have a year or 2 left of kelce and Chris jones. Who knows how many years left Reid actually has left. Who knows how long spags will stick around.

But beyond that we gotta get mahomes right. He doesn’t trust his OL or WRs. He doesn’t anticipate, panics, double clutches. Even his biggest supporters know this is kind of a franken-mahomes. I’d rather not wait for maybe these guys to come back this season. As we saw from this season it’s not going to click on overnight for him. If we get mahomes right the draft picks we give up pays itself off
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:41 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by TEX:
He would be my choice.

Yeah, I mean, I'd rather have DHop, he's more of a game-changer and obviously just has better hands, better physicality at the catch point, better out of structure, etc. But I don't see TEN giving him up.

And the only advantage Johnson has is his age.

So, Amari seems like the best compromise, and it seems like CLE is willing to trade him.
[Reply]
kevrunner 05:49 PM Yesterday
Hopkins has been playing with a MCL, not sure if it’s healing or not, here’s what a team has to pickup for his salary, not including draft picks/players that would have to be included. I’d stay way from Hopkins but I’m wrong more than I am correct.

While #Titans WR DeAndre Hopkins has been floated in early trade talks, his incentive-laden contract remains fairly expensive through the November 5th deadline.

New Team Acquires
Now: $9.56M
Deadline: $6.48M

— Spotrac (@spotrac) September 30, 2024

[Reply]
gordonelloyd 06:02 PM Yesterday
There seems to be a general view that we shouldn’t give up worthy in a trade. I think that’s good. It would be terrible to do that. That would be mortgaging our future much more than giving up the number one draft choice next year when we don’t know the outcome.

Seems that most people other than me would rather have hill then Adams, and that’s OK. I would certainly give up a number one for either of them. But I doubt we will match with the Jets offer and I doubt Miami will trade.

Probably Hopkins or Cooper are the best realistic options. I would prefer Hopkins. But Cooper would be OK. We need something. And Cleveland seems to be the only one really ready to deal.

I don’t think Carolina will trade Johnson. They feel they have finally and just move out of being a dumpster fire Once they put in the red rifle. they don’t want to go back to that.
[Reply]
BWillie 06:06 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Amari fits our scheme better than Hopkins but DHop is a DOG
[Reply]
BWillie 06:07 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by gordonelloyd:
There seems to be a general view that we shouldn’t give up worthy in a trade. I think that’s good. It would be terrible to do that. That would be mortgaging our future much more than giving up the number one draft choice next year when we don’t know the outcome.

Seems that most people other than me would rather have hill then Adams, and that’s OK. I would certainly give up a number one for either of them. But I doubt we will match with the Jets offer and I doubt Miami will trade.

Probably Hopkins or Cooper are the best realistic options. I would prefer Hopkins. But Cooper would be OK. We need something. And Cleveland seems to be the only one really ready to deal.

I don’t think Carolina will trade Johnson. They feel they have finally and just move out of being a dumpster fire Once they put in the red rifle. they don’t want to go back to that.
I dont want to either unless it requires a first round pick because thats essentially what he is.
[Reply]
ForeverIowan 06:13 PM Yesterday
Head says Amari Cooper. Heart wants Cheetah.

Browns are an absolute shit show and Cooper is a free agent next year. They will unload him to the team offering the most draft capital. That freaking needs to be us and not Buffalo or Baltimore.

The Dolphins would be smart to trade Tyreek. Lets be honest here, even if Tua returned next week and was 100% healthy, the Dolphons are not a SB contender. One more concussion and Tua's career is done. The only way to sell trading Tyreek to their fanbase is if Tua decides to hang em up.
[Reply]
staylor26 06:28 PM Yesterday
Having that Titans 3rd and our own will be nice if there's a bidding war. Typically it's difficult for us because teams know our pick is going to be late.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 08:12 PM Yesterday
Lots of good posts, here's my thoughts...

MIA should trade Tyreek? I get the sentiment, but no. They suck so bad this year that they'll be in position to draft a QB next offseason. They have great weapons, everyone already knew they were a QB away from any real success.

Panthers aren't moving Johnson. Ok, that leaves Hopkins and Cooper. Amari is 2 years younger, cheaper, and played better last season...so he makes the most sense. But, I don't think Hopkins is a bad get either. Whichever!

Hopkins works into our cap space pretty easily, we only really need a 1-yr rental anyways so his age doesn't matter that much. Also, say we decided we DID want to sign either to continue on in KC for 1 or 2 more seasons, Hopkins age might actually benefit us because maybe his new contract would be less than Coopers. After all, we'll be pursuing a 4-peat next year! Both are looking for a new deal after this season. Also, Hopkins played with M Brown before so maybe we could end up with both next season. Imagine, Hopkins comes over for a 5th, Pachecco, Brown, Rice, and Omenihu all come back for the playoffs!!!

Hopkins/Cooper
Rice
Brown
Worthy
JuJu
Watson
+
Kelce
Gray
+
Pachecco
Hunt
Steele
Perine

That's a lot of weapons for Andy & Pat to play with!
[Reply]
In58men 08:18 PM Yesterday
Rape!
[Reply]
Page 52 of 53
« First < 2424849505152 53 >
Up