Page 5186 of 5186
« First < 4186468650865136517651825183518451855186
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
brdempsey69 04:33 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
You’re drunk… and will have to hope that one of the others shows up to play this game with you.
But of course, the old proverbial copout of "can't attack the message, so attack the messenger". Not a valid approach.

Do tell -- am I drunk when I point out that Tebow helped the Donks win his 1st playoff start & Elway and the Donks lost Elway's 1st playoff start? After all, you did say "In no world is a comparison of Tebow to Elway applicable."
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 04:43 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by brdempsey69:
But of course, the old proverbial copout of "can't attack the message, so attack the messenger". Not a valid approach.

Do tell -- am I drunk when I point out that Tebow helped the Donks win his 1st playoff start & Elway and the Donks lost Elway's 1st playoff start? After all, you did say "In no world is a comparison of Tebow to Elway applicable."
Silly debate you’re working on built upon a crazy premise.
[Reply]
brdempsey69 05:08 PM Yesterday
Silly debate you’re working on built upon a crazy premise.
It's only "silly" to you.

My analysis of Tebow being shafted with Elway being one of the primary culprits involved still stands.

I found an interesting quote from You Tube (I can't post links at the present time) that goes like this:

Originally Posted by :
@dogfacedboy6947 1 year ago
The reason that John Elway chased after Payton Manning SO HARD was because he knew that he would be "gifted" a Super Bowl or two in his last years. BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT HAPPENED TO ELWAY.
Could it be that Elway's desire to get rid Tebow also had something to do with the pursuit of Manning? Granted, Manning was an all-time great, but Manning wasn't getting any legit SB trophy in Denver that was earned in legit fashion on a level playing field -- same as Elway.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 05:19 PM Yesterday
It's only "silly" to you.

My analysis of Tebow being shafted with Elway being one of the primary culprits involved still stands.

I found an interesting quote from You Tube (I can't post links at the present time) that goes like this:

Could it be that Elway's desire to get rid Tebow also had something to do with the pursuit of Manning? Granted, Manning was an all-time great, but Manning wasn't getting any legit SB trophy in Denver that was earned in legit fashion on a level playing field -- same as Elway.
Earlier, I mentioned that Manning becoming available gave them the perfect exit strategy with Tebow.
[Reply]
brdempsey69 05:36 PM Yesterday
Earlier, I mentioned that Manning becoming available gave them the perfect exit strategy with Tebow.
Yes, you did mention that & I didn't say you were wrong about that. I only mentioned that Tebow was worthy of being considered as a backup to Manning.

If that had happened, I don't believe Tebow would've crybabied about it (like Elway did when Tommy Maddox was drafted in 1992), but would have given his full 100% support to Manning, as Tebow would still have been getting paid and still be a part of the team.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 06:40 PM Yesterday
Yes, you did mention that & I didn't say you were wrong about that. I only mentioned that Tebow was worthy of being considered as a backup to Manning.

If that had happened, I don't believe Tebow would've crybabied about it (like Elway did when Tommy Maddox was drafted in 1992), but would have given his full 100% support to Manning, as Tebow would still have been getting paid and still be a part of the team.
Guess we will never know…
[Reply]
brdempsey69 09:43 PM Yesterday
Guess we will never know…
One thing we do know is Tebow did win his 1st and only start in KC in 2011. But he lost his next start against KC in the season-ending game played on Jan 1, 2012 -- part a of very noticeable & ugly trend for the Mile High city.

And that trend is........every time the Chiefs have played a season-ending game in Denver, in January, the Chiefs have walked out of there victorious. It happened at the end of the 2009, 2011, 2017, and 2021 seasons (the season ending game in 2012 was played on Dec. 30th, 2012) and with somewhat bizarre things happening -- starting with the 259 yards rushing by Jamaal Charles in the 2009 contest, as there wasn't a swinging dick in the land anywhere that saw that coming.

The schedule makers didn't do you guys any favors in this 2024 season, because sure enough, you've got a season-ending match-up against KC in Denver staring you right in the face scheduled on Jan. 5, 2025.

If history is any precedent...........not good, brother, not good.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 03:21 AM Today
New guy is tearing you guys up :-) I may be done here and let him take the reigns.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 04:03 AM Today
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni:
New guy is tearing you guys up :-) I may be done here and let him take the reins.
I think that’s a stretch…
[Reply]
brdempsey69 10:57 AM Today
I think that’s a stretch…
Oh really? What part of what Pasta said is a stretch? Was it Pasta's words before or after his emoji? Either way, we'll see about that.

While we're at it, perhaps you can explain to us what merits does Donks owner Pat Bowlen have to be inducted into the HOF? Would did he ever do -- other than maybe win a game of tiddlywinks playing against his Aunt Fannie? He never played a down in the NFL or did anything at all (except cheat & violate the salary cap and then lie to the public about it).

Meanwhile, long-time Vikings DE Jim Marshall (played 20 seasons and never missed a game) hasn't been inducted. The Chiefs all-time great WR Otis Taylor just recently exited the world without HOF induction, even though long-time DB's like Ken Houston and Lamar Parrish have been saying for years that Otis Taylor should be in the HOF.

Go figure.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 11:53 AM Today
Oh really? What part of what Pasta said is a stretch? Was it Pasta's words before or after his emoji? Either way, we'll see about that.

While we're at it, perhaps you can explain to us what merits does Donks owner Pat Bowlen have to be inducted into the HOF? Would did he ever do -- other than maybe win a game of tiddlywinks playing against his Aunt Fannie? He never played a down in the NFL or did anything at all (except cheat & violate the salary cap and then lie to the public about it).

Meanwhile, long-time Vikings DE Jim Marshall (played 20 seasons and never missed a game) hasn't been inducted. The Chiefs all-time great WR Otis Taylor just recently exited the world without HOF induction, even though long-time DB's like Ken Houston and Lamar Parrish have been saying for years that Otis Taylor should be in the HOF.

Go figure.
You have a lot of angst and are all over the place. Believe there are 16 owners in the HOF and you want to single out Bowlen? I guess you can Google it and find the answers.

And there are a lot of former players that are HOF worthy that should be inducted. Every year it gets harder for the older guys to make it and the game changing like it has in the last 30 years doesn’t help their cause.
[Reply]
Page 5186 of 5186
« First < 4186468650865136517651825183518451855186
Up