Page 5185 of 5186
« First < 4185468550855135517551815182518351845185 5186 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 08:00 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by brdempsey69:
Is that right? Last time anyone checked, the Donks were 1-4 when Tebow took over and the Donks went 7-4 the rest of the way in 2011 and made the playoffs. Are you really going to try & con yourself into thinking that isn't worthy of backup QB consideration after Manning signed onboard?

You have to ask yourself now if Nix will ever really be any better than Tebow.

Time will tell.
As I said in another reply… it turned out to be a fun run, but that’s it. If you’re seriously trying to suggest Tebow had real value as a backup, you’re just trolling.
[Reply]
brdempsey69 10:03 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
As I said in another reply… it turned out to be a fun run, but that’s it. If you’re seriously trying to suggest Tebow had real value as a backup, you’re just trolling.
You say it was a fun run while Tebow was playing & try telling me Tebow had no value as a backup? Do you see any contradiction there? A blind man with a cane can see it.

What would make you think that Tebow would have had no real value as a backup QB? Did you not see him in 2010 when the Donks would send Tebow into the game in short yardage & goal-to-go situations in place of Kyle Orton and employed him as a dual-threat runner & passer? What would make you think the Donks couldn't deploy Tebow in that same manner behind Manning?

I suspect what you are suggesting is born out of being an Elway sheep, thinking Elway could do no wrong. Look what has happened from 2016 on to the present with the Donks. It has been nothing but abyss & are you going to con yourself into thinking Elway had no hand in that?
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 04:40 AM Today
You say it was a fun run while Tebow was playing & try telling me Tebow had no value as a backup? Do you see any contradiction there? A blind man with a cane can see it.

What would make you think that Tebow would have had no real value as a backup QB? Did you not see him in 2010 when the Donks would send Tebow into the game in short yardage & goal-to-go situations in place of Kyle Orton and employed him as a dual-threat runner & passer? What would make you think the Donks couldn't deploy Tebow in that same manner behind Manning?

I suspect what you are suggesting is born out of being an Elway sheep, thinking Elway could do no wrong. Look what has happened from 2016 on to the present with the Donks. It has been nothing but abyss & are you going to con yourself into thinking Elway had no hand in that?
Ha… my comments are a result of watching the games. And “fun” doesn’t imply enjoyable or ideal. It was different and better than Orton and it was wild how they won, especially the playoff game. But that was NOT sustainable.

And, I’ve discussed all the Tebow I care to discuss really. I don’t recall many, if any, people being too shocked with the move. Appears you want to have an Elway is terrible conversation. There are plenty here willing to entertain you. He was not a great GM and made quite a few errors in the draft.
[Reply]
wazu 07:07 AM Today
If you have hope on Russ, that’s great. He had good stats last year. Russ is not a leader and I never had trust in him under center.
Wouldn't call it "hope" as I have no desire for the Steelers to be good. I just remember when Russ looked like he was on a Hall of Fame track. Was surprised by how bad it went in Denver. If he bounces back to being who he was in Seattle it kind of unlocks a new level of dysfunction for Denver, which is hard to do at this point.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 07:35 AM Today
Originally Posted by wazu:
Wouldn't call it "hope" as I have no desire for the Steelers to be good. I just remember when Russ looked like he was on a Hall of Fame track. Was surprised by how bad it went in Denver. If he bounces back to being who he was in Seattle it kind of unlocks a new level of dysfunction for Denver, which is hard to do at this point.
Well, for two years, all I read around from here pointed to Russ never really being great in SEA. I didn’t buy into the notion initially, but it was obvious in the end. Russ can have some good games, statistically speaking. Never once did I have a belief last year that he could rally a team when it mattered though.

PIT was doing well before he got the start and they beat a … what was he called a few weeks ago… a “washed Rodgers” and Jets team in PIT. Nice win, but I’m not about to think Denver made a mistake in letting him go.
[Reply]
wazu 07:48 AM Today
Well, for two years, all I read around from here pointed to Russ never really being great in SEA. I didn’t buy into the notion initially, but it was obvious in the end. Russ can have some good games, statistically speaking. Never once did I have a belief last year that he could rally a team when it mattered though.

PIT was doing well before he got the start and they beat a … what was he called a few weeks ago… a “washed Rodgers” and Jets team in PIT. Nice win, but I’m not about to think Denver made a mistake in letting him go.
For the record, when Denver traded for Wilson I expressed on CP that I didn't like it. Not overly concerned, but felt like he almost certainly would make the Broncos better. When it all went to hell that first year I just assumed I must be wrong and Russ somehow sucks now. His play along with being such an incredible dork just screamed "yikes" all around.

You're right that it's a very small sample size so far. He'll need to really get and keep rolling to fully shake off the stink of the past two years.
[Reply]
Mike in SW-MO 08:04 AM Today

The game flow kind of went:

Garbage, garbage, garbage, rainbow ball to Pickens.
Wash, rinse, repeat.

We'll see what a few more weeks brings.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 10:11 AM Today
Originally Posted by Mike in SW-MO:
The game flow kind of went:

Wash, rinse, repeat.

We'll see what a few more weeks brings.
Just like 2023, just replace Pickens for Sutton.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 10:13 AM Today
Originally Posted by wazu:
For the record, when Denver traded for Wilson I expressed on CP that I didn't like it. Not overly concerned, but felt like he almost certainly would make the Broncos better. When it all went to hell that first year I just assumed I must be wrong and Russ somehow sucks now. His play along with being such an incredible dork just screamed "yikes" all around.

You're right that it's a very small sample size so far. He'll need to really get and keep rolling to fully shake off the stink of the past two years.
Yeah, the same with me. I hated giving up the haul, but on paper… it was the best move they made for a viable QB. That and the new HC just proved to be utter failure.
[Reply]
brdempsey69 10:28 AM Today
Ha… my comments are a result of watching the games. And “fun” doesn’t imply enjoyable or ideal. It was different and better than Orton and it was wild how they won, especially the playoff game. But that was NOT sustainable.

And, I’ve discussed all the Tebow I care to discuss really. I don’t recall many, if any, people being too shocked with the move. Appears you want to have an Elway is terrible conversation. There are plenty here willing to entertain you. He was not a great GM and made quite a few errors in the draft.
How do you know it wasn't sustainable? You don't. Tebow was given only 2/3 of a season & never really given a chance to develop or mature. Somebody made the following comment on You Tube regarding Tebow:

Originally Posted by :
.........he always put the team in a position where they needed a 4th quarter comeback for a win. They also always needed the defense to play great for 4 quarters for a chance to win. If they got into a big hole, they would lose.
Guess who that sounds exactly like & and that sort of thing was "sustained" for over a decade? None other than your boy Elway.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 11:20 AM Today
How do you know it wasn't sustainable? You don't. Tebow was given only 2/3 of a season & never really given a chance to develop or mature. Somebody made the following comment on You Tube regarding Tebow:

Guess who that sounds exactly like & and that sort of thing was "sustained" for over a decade? None other than your boy Elway.
:-) In no world is a comparison of Tebow to Elway applicable.

Look at where Elway ranked all-time at retirement and his accomplishments. Look at what Elway did with Reeves vs Phillips and Shanahan. Reeves was uber conservative and wasted a lot of Elways early years. That’s all that I will say about that topic.

Tebow was an interesting experiment and few players have the passion and leadership that he had, but he was not starting QB material.
[Reply]
brdempsey69 11:45 AM Today
:-) In no world is a comparison of Tebow to Elway applicable.

Look at where Elway ranked all-time at retirement and his accomplishments. Look at what Elway did with Reeves vs Phillips and Shanahan. Reeves was uber conservative and wasted a lot of Elways early years. That’s all that I will say about that topic.

Tebow was an interesting experiment and few players have the passion and leadership that he had, but he was not starting QB material.
Yes it is applicable. Are you going to really con yourself into thinking that Tebow was given the same type of opportunity like Elway was?

Believe me, I have looked at Elway's so-called "accomplishments" & the most glaring one is that no QB in the history of the Super Bowl that played in multiple SB games STUNK UP THE FIELD worse than Elway did in the SB. Quite an accomplishment, right?

Don't try to sell me the copout of Reeves being responsible for Elway being a turd -- it was Elway responsible for that all by his lonesome. How do we know this? Because Roger Staubach, Danny White, Craig Morton, Phil Simms, and Chris Chandler all did just fine under Reeves. The statement about Reeves being "uber-conservative" is nothing but a parroted LIE, and all one has to do is look at SB 22 to see an example on the Donks 1st Offensive series (as well as a whole slew of other games from that era).
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 11:52 AM Today
Yes it is applicable. Are you going to really con yourself into thinking that Tebow was given the same type of opportunity like Elway was?

Believe me, I have looked at Elway's so-called "accomplishments" & the most glaring one is that no QB in the history of the Super Bowl that played in multiple SB games STUNK UP THE FIELD worse than Elway did in the SB. Quite an accomplishment, right?

Don't try to sell me the copout of Reeves being responsible for Elway being a turd -- it was Elway responsible for that all by his lonesome. How do we know this? Because Roger Staubach, Danny White, Craig Morton, Phil Simms, and Chris Chandler all did just fine under Reeves. The statement about Reeves being "uber-conservative" is nothing but a parroted LIE, and all one has to do is look at SB 22 to see an example on the Donks 1st Offensive series (as well as a whole slew of other games from that era).
You’re drunk… and will have to hope that one of the others shows up to play this game with you.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:52 AM Today

Kind of like how winning like this with Bo is NOT sustainable. Right? Same flukey wins...
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 11:58 AM Today
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni:
Kind of like how winning like this with Bo is NOT sustainable. Right? Same flukey wins...
Early in the season, I said it gave me Tebow PTSD. Bottom line, again, Denver lacks a consistent threat at WR outside of Sutton and no TE.

Similar in the sense that the defense is carrying them, but the scores are not like they were in the Tebow season.
[Reply]
Page 5185 of 5186
« First < 4185468550855135517551815182518351845185 5186 >
Up