ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5159 of 5160
« First < 4159465950595109514951555156515751585159 5160 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
notorious 07:49 AM Today
Broncos have improved. Maybe our series will show signs of being competitive again.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 07:51 AM Today
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni:
They blow you out of Minshew doesn't throw that fluke pick 6
I know… just wished these fluke things would stop happening. In your opinion, which team coming up on the schedule would be a legit win for Denver? Just looking for your expert opinion.

Were the other two INTs flukes? Or just this one because it’s a pick 6?
[Reply]
RunKC 07:53 AM Today
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
I know… just wished these fluke things would stop happening. In your opinion, which team coming up on the schedule would be a legit win for Denver? Just looking for your expert opinion.

Anything that the Broncos do that’s good is a fluke to him :-)
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 07:55 AM Today
What exactly does this mean? You’re suggesting the Raiders moved the ball at will? You must have watched a different game.
Pasta boy… you never addressed this one.
[Reply]
manchambo 09:06 AM Today

By definition, Denver scoring is a fluke. We could never win a game in a non fluke way.

Maybe if we got a safety and won 2-0. Then again, that could be pretty flukey.
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 09:08 AM Today
this is going perfectly

the broncos will be good enough to win 8-10 games, and the organization will be tricked into believing that bo nix isnt terrible. hopefully they’re in the mix enough to waste draft picks adding in an attempt to end their embarrassing playoffless streak
[Reply]
tooge 09:11 AM Today
Nix and Payton arguing on the sideline with Nix storming off was beautiful
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 09:15 AM Today
You Donko fans are funny.

You're on a Chiefs fan board. No one is kissing your ass here.

Yes, you've looked a 'little' better the last few games. Maybe you're a .500 type team after all?

But remember last year? You had that fun little winning streak in the middle of the year and beat a couple top tier teams (KC and Buffalo) and you all started thinking you were really good and then it completely unraveled and you came crashing back down to earth.

So pardon us if we don't exactly accept your homer optimism. We've seen this movie before and it usually has the same ending. :-)
[Reply]
manchambo 09:23 AM Today
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
You Donko fans are funny.

You're on a Chiefs fan board. No one is kissing your ass here.

Yes, you've looked a 'little' better the last few games. Maybe you're a .500 type team after all?

But remember last year? You had that fun little winning streak in the middle of the year and beat a couple top tier teams (KC and Buffalo) and you all started thinking you were really good and then it completely unraveled and you came crashing back down to earth.

So pardon us if we don't exactly accept your homer optimism. We've seen this movie before and it usually has the same ending. :-)
Can you provide a quote of someone "thinking you were really good"?

Personally, I have not thought Denver was really good for many years.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:27 AM Today
This is what you get for hiding the last decade...zero respect. Only Run thinks your team is worth a shit
[Reply]
New World Order 09:31 AM Today
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Anything that the Broncos do that’s good is a fluke to him :-)
Traitor!!!
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 09:37 AM Today
Originally Posted by St. Patty's Fire:
this is going perfectly

the broncos will be good enough to win 8-10 games, and the organization will be tricked into believing that bo nix isnt terrible. hopefully they’re in the mix enough to waste draft picks adding in an attempt to end their embarrassing playoffless streak
Looking at the schedule, I'd say 7-8 wins.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 10:13 AM Today
What exactly does this mean? You’re suggesting the Raiders moved the ball at will? You must have watched a different game.
https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-week-5-...gas-raiders-18

Seems the Raiders led in all categories except the most important one.

I didn't see the game, but if you were to look at just the stats, I think you'd assume the Raiders would have won.

Regardless, it was a win by a large margin over a divisional foe and cemented you guys in 2nd place in the division. Were I in your shoes, I'd be fucking ecstatic. It's so much better to win than lose, even if you know deep inside that your team has a long way to go.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 10:22 AM Today
From last year? (which is what I was referencing)

Originally Posted by KranzDictum:
There were about 5 games that we could have won during that streak. Keenum missing a wideopen DT for a walk in TD on 4th down was one.

It was the way our lame DC was able to disable your O so effectively and kept us in the 1st game on Thursday that surprised me.

You guys are lucky there are no great QB's or dominant teams in the NFL like we had to go against in the 80's, 90's and 2010's. The NFL has the parity it wanted.
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
Found KnowMo’s burner account. lol

Originally Posted by DomCasual:
The truth about what that game means is, as is usually the case, somewhere in the middle of the two extremes being presented here.

1) It was a meaningful game for the Broncos. Was it their Super Bowl? Well, losing sixteen straight games against a division rival is obviously not normal or acceptable. More emphasis should have been put on this game, and it obviously was.

2) It was very likely a watershed moment for them. Did they turn into a Super Bowl contender overnight? I wish; but realistically, no. I think it's pretty likely, though, that Broncos fans will look back on that game and say, "That was the beginning of the end of the worst run of loser's mentality in team history."

3) It wasn't just a meaningless blip on the radar for you guys. After the failed 3rd-down play on your first drive, Mahomes and Nik Bonitto got into some sort of verbal altercation. You could see Mahomes saying, "Okay. Let's go. Let's see what happens." I remember thinking, "Man, why in the world would you want to poke that bear?" It seemed to really nicely set the narrative for a hero game. The flu. A 3-and-out first drive in a hostile environment. And now Mahomes is pissed off on a personal level. Here comes 5 TD passes.

But then, it just never materialized - the hero game never developed. And more importantly, the script the Broncos had been following all season (a couple good scripted drives to start, and then total implosion) stayed in the green room. It's not that Mahomes and company didn't want it to happen. The Broncos just decided not to act like chumps, for a change.

I like to think that the Broncos became semi-relevant again on Sunday. I doubt it's enough to get them into the playoff picture, at this point. But it's a good sign for us.
That was all from last year after the win over KC. And that was even BEFORE you all won 2 more in a row (Buffalo being one of those two).

Originally Posted by manchambo:
Can you provide a quote of someone "thinking you were really good"?

Personally, I have not thought Denver was really good for many years.
So, yes, some DONKEY players, coaches, and posters here were really starting to feel themselves in the midst of that little streak. There's more I could pull but that was just a sampling.

You, MHM, and MagicHef at least still seemed somewhat grounded in reality based on your posts at the time.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:24 AM Today
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Traitor!!!
Nah we want ‘em to be mid. 8-9 wins Mr. NWO. False hope and poor draft picks. Purgatory!
[Reply]
Page 5159 of 5160
« First < 4159465950595109514951555156515751585159 5160 >
Up